SaltCritters.com

Seabass's 17.4 Gallon (taken down)

seabass

Haha well we were looking at that tank for quite a while lol. God i was just so tempted to buy mad frags, even without a running tank. :lol:

:lol:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome shots bro!

Haha well we were looking at that tank for quite a while lol. God i was just so tempted to buy mad frags, even without a running tank. :lol:

+1 :D

Both of mine roamed too much. Especially I had one that was always going right beside my clam and it was stinging it. I had to remove it twice and after the third time I put it in my nano and it never acclimated well and died after a week or 2, going smaller and smaller, even though the water parameters are the same in both of my aquarium, just the light is different.

So yeah, they can roam a lot if they have the higher spots they will try to reach it. Mine wanted to go right underneat my 250W MH light.

Thanks fellow reefers!

What I've found is that they tend not to roam. However, they are most likely to roam when they are unattached and placed somewhere. Even then, (if you find a nice indent in the rock) there is a decent chance that they will stay where you put it.

Deleted User 6

seabass, try finding some Levimasole if the FWE isn't doing the job. there's a thread on RC about it if you do a search - it was the only way I got rid of FWs.

Thanks D. I can't see any at the moment, but still plan another round of treatment with FWE to help ensure they are gone. I don't want them to repopulate again.

I'll do some research on Levimasole. It's been a battle with FWE.

Deleted User 6

i believe FWs are starting to form a resistance to FWE in the hobby. levimasole is far more potent, and WAY cheaper. i think $20 makes about a quarter of a gallon of the stuff, maybe more.

Looking great seabass! Us two are some of the only ones I'm seeing with the Mr. Aqua 17.4g tank, unless there are others who aren't showing themselves!

Thanks Mitch! Yours is coming along too.

Rockhead01had one (not sure of the status). I thought there were more, but maybe you're right. I like the dimensions of a typical 15 gallon tank (had one at work for awhile). The Mr. Aqua 17.4 is very similar to those (except nicer). :)

nice coral!!
Thanks!

This is such a nice tank!!! keep up the good work, looks like the seagrass is growing fast!
TY. :) The oar grass is taking off on the left side, but it is receding on the right. However, the shoal grass seems to be doing fine on the right. I'm getting more dead leaves collecting in the powerhead lately; I'm not really sure why the change. I'll probably try a massive water change after another round of FWE. Unfortunately, I removed another (although single) flatworm today.

Hey seabass have you noticed any critters in the seagrass that wouldn't normally grow in a reef tank?
I don't think I got any hitchhikers with the grass, so it's mostly the usual suspects. Before the flatworm outbreak, I had a huge population of pods. However, the pod population has been reduced substantially. I'll restart the phyto dosing after I'm more comfortable that the flatworms are gone.
Me demandz new pics.

:slap:

What, last week's pics didn't do it for you? :happy: Oh well, here you go...

I did a water change today by collecting 5 gallons of (very wet) skimmate.

070811a.jpg

There are lots of worm tunnels and roots; but also, notice the patch of anaerobic bacteria in the middle of the sand bed. Should I be concerned about the bed, or should I expect this?

070811b.jpg

Oar grass:

070811c.jpg

Full tank shot:

070811d.jpg

Oh yeah, I bleached the rock on the right side because it started growing a bit of hair algae on it.

lawnmowerblenny
Please don't do this.

lol why it wont hurt anything... i did not say "stir" your sand bed... I said poke around this is an extremly deep sand bed if you cant tell... I've see it done before just helps release the bubbles and allows air to reach the dead spots...

I can't stand this kid(zero) he always has something immature to say about all my recent post. Congrats to you zero for being one of the people who make this site less enjoyable.

lol why it wont hurt anything... i did not say "stir" your sand bed... I said poke around this is an extremly deep sand bed if you cant tell... I've see it done before just helps release the bubbles and allows air to reach the dead spots...

I can't stand this kid(zero) he always has something immature to say about all my recent post. Congrats to you zero for being one of the people who make this site less enjoyable.

You are an idiot.

lawnmowerblenny
nice tank. i always like to see ones that are different from the typical reef tank.

+1 this tank is truly unique I have not seen another tank like it on here or anywhere else... and Im all about the greenleaf tank looks so clean!

lawnmowerblenny
You are an idiot.

I'm an idiot? lol stop causing drama on seabass's tank thread. If I ever saw you face to face I doubt you would call me an idiot good for you tho, that will prob never happen unfortunately, I'd put you in your place. To bad kids like you use the internet to hide behind it ruins places like this for people like me who use it to gain knowledge and share advice.

I'm an idiot? lol stop causing drama on seabass's tank thread. If I ever saw you face to face I doubt you would call me an idiot good for you tho, that will prob never happen unfortunately, I'd put you in your place. To bad kids like you use the internet to hide behind it ruins places like this for people like me who use it to gain knowledge and share advice.

You've got some pretty big e-balls bro.

In all honestly, I think this argument is totally stupid. I'm not taking sides here but lawnmower, you were the one who lashed out first, calling him immature. And to me, he has made this site more enjoyable. He has helped me so much with my aquarium.

Archived