ReefCleaners.org

Seabass's 17.4 Gallon (taken down)

seabass

Hey seabass

so i was reading though my nitrogen book & realized it has a whole section on nitrogen in relation to seagrass. do you think you would be intrested as you can imagen its overly complicated but great stuff. let me know if your intrested in taking a look.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the computer crased while I was sending it did you get it.

just in case I'm re sending

Actually the computer crased while I was sending it did you get it.

just in case I'm re sending

Got it, thanks!

I usually clean this up before taking pictures, but I thought people might like to see what tends to happen:

061311a.jpg

The MP10 doesn't seem to be affected by the stray grass.

I took a couple of closeups since I had the camera out:

061311b.gif

Lol I scrolled down, saw the plate & grass pic, then scrolled up and looked at the MP10 pic, then scrolled back down and saw the flower nem pic, I kept looking for the plate & grass pic before I realized it was a gif :lol: How'd you get the gif such good quality?

Hey Dhaut, if you are looking for really nice rock flower nems, you should look here:

http://coralmorphologic.com/xcart/home.php?cat=24

They have some seriously nice ones, at decent prices, with decent shipping. I've bought from CoralMorph on several occasions and they are A+ shippers and their livestock is all high quality. I plan on buying a nem from them.

I was staring at these today.. and last week.. and the week before that.

Seriously contemplating making a tank like yours Seabass. With seagrasses and nems. Don't think I'd go for clownfish though.

How'd you get the gif such good quality?
:) I use Photoshop Elements; it's a 256 color animated gif. I was going to have two jpg images, but then decided to combine them.

Seriously contemplating making a tank like yours Seabass...Don't think I'd go for clownfish though.
I'd like to see you do it. I agree about the clownfish. It's a temp home for her; she will be moved to a larger tank. I'll be getting a few gobies instead.

Nice plate :).
Thanks Squared!

I already have my goby tank... and I'm fairly certain that the flower nems would hurt most everything that perches on them goby wise.

Seabass and his gifs :happy:
:happydance:

I already have my goby tank... and I'm fairly certain that the flower nems would hurt most everything that perches on them goby wise.
I think that's true. I have kept Yellow Clown Gobies with Rock Flower Anemones for a few years (granted they had plenty of other places to perch). They seem to know enough to stay clear; however once, I had one go MIA (I suspect it became a meal for one of the nems). :unsure:

:D Thanks chaostactics! Good of you to stop by my thread.

I did another round of Flatworm eXit yesterday. Here's a current FTS:

061511a.jpg

Doesn't appear that the FWE is affecting anything else in there. Everything looks happy happy!
I think the problem that some people experience is primarily due to the toxins that the flatworms release. For this reason, I feel that removing the live flatworms prior to treatment is critical. You'll always miss some that you'll find after treatment begins.

I've never had an issue with using it. However, I have some question as to the recommended dosage. Recently, I've been dosing almost twice the recommended amount, waiting an hour before adding fresh carbon, and repeating treatment roughly every week (until I can't find any more).

I probably removed a couple dozen yesterday. I looked today and couldn't find any. This is ideal; I will follow up with one more treatment next week. This will be the last unless I find more during the next treatment.

what sand did you use the DSB? I'm not sure you mentioned it before but I'm lazy and don't feel like reading through everything :P

EDIT: hey look at that page 32

I don't blame you, it's hard for me to find stuff in this thread (it is 32 pages after all). ;) I'm going to redo my first post sometime soon and include more info, plus links to key posts.

As for my DSB, it's a 6" mix of CaribSea Aragamax sand (1:1 mix of new sand to sand from a mature bed) and a couple jars Fiji Mud™.

012211b.jpg

for some reason i think some barnacle blennys would look really good in this tank.

I totally agree. They are the coolest. You already have the barnacle :D

Archived