Pod Your Reef

Seabass's 17.4 Gallon (taken down)

seabass

Lol I scrolled down, saw the plate & grass pic, then scrolled up and looked at the MP10 pic, then scrolled back down and saw the flower nem pic, I kept looking for the plate & grass pic before I realized it was a gif :lol: How'd you get the gif such good quality?

Yeah He can be a real basterd with um to. :wavesfist@seabass: First time he did I that I was hallucinating, @$$#.er

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it'd be easier just to type #### since it it bleeps it for you. ####er <---see? or maybe you meant a*s?

so if you do get a new fish? when? needs more fish.

Going to Alaska in July (not for long, but I don't want to add anything new until I get back). Even then, I'm not sure when I'll be changing out fish. With all the sand, it's really a small tank (around 8 gallons). Right now, I'm leaning towards some green banded gobies.

Thanks Kazooie, nope Juneau. I'll post some pics when I get back. I hope to see a few whales.

I saw three flatworms yesterday, and removed them. So today I did round three of FWE. I probably removed another 6 worms. I'm getting close. I hope I can get rid of them all before I run out of FWE. fingerscrossed

Those rock flowers are so awesome and interesting looking. Seems like I can stare at them forever.

If you like fishing, you should definitely go halibut fishing in Alaska if the opportunity arises. My Dad and I went on a private charter a few years back when we took a trip there. It was by far the best part of the trip. Once in a lifetime fishing experience if you don't live in the area. We had to use like 5 pound sinkers to even reach the bottom.

Those rock flowers are so awesome and interesting looking. Seems like I can stare at them forever.
Then you might like this video of me feeding the anemones this afternoon:

061911a.jpg

It's crushed flake food in tank water.

lol seabass, you would. Those nems are just awesome. It's actually really cool that they stay in those spots, but you originally had some trouble with one of them moving all over the place at first right?

Thanks fellow reefers!

It's actually really cool that they stay in those spots, but you originally had some trouble with one of them moving all over the place at first right?
What I've found is that they tend not to roam. However, they are most likely to roam when they are unattached and placed somewhere. Even then, (if you find a nice indent in the rock) there is a decent chance that they will stay where you put it.

However, you are right. This one did move once, after I introduced it. But after I scraped it off, it's still where I put it on the main rock.

031411b.jpg

This one also took off on the first night that it was introduced. However, I placed a rock next to it, and it nestled itself right in next to it. It's still there.

anemone.gif

Seabass, cool thread and tank. How do you like the limewood for diffusing the co2? decent fine bubbles? have you thought of just plumbing the co2 tube to the return pump? some planted tank people do that with an inline diffuser.

:) @ Squared, ~LadyBug~, and psidriven.

How do you like the limewood for diffusing the co2? decent fine bubbles? have you thought of just plumbing the co2 tube to the return pump? some planted tank people do that with an inline diffuser.
The diffuser works pretty well; I am able to lower pH quickly if I turn up the supply of CO2. I wasn't aware of inline diffusers. Would you hook one up to the return line, or does it go on before the pump's intake (to further break up the gas)?
  • 2 weeks later...

Look at the leather! I saw a frag of that type of leather today at a LFS today. Looks really awesome under T5's in person.

I think i saw that same frag :P

Haha well we were looking at that tank for quite a while lol. God i was just so tempted to buy mad frags, even without a running tank. :lol:

Archived