Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys! This tank is still up and running. I lost interest in my tanks for a while, but I'm getting back in the game again :)

Yesterday I moved this tank to my room, did a 90% water change and cleaned it up a little bit (I'll finish cleaning later this week)
Today I picked up 2 Rics for this tank, I plan to more LPS and some interesting zoas in the future

• Like 1

Hi friar!

I will get a few pictures once I find my scrubby pad to clean the acrylic

Also, yesterday was the first time I dosed in months...but my war coral somehow still managed to grow over and kill part of my candy cane <_<

I think I'm going to change my source of flow in this tank from a K-Nano powerhead to an AC20 HOB filter.

While I was moving tanks I temporarily ran one on this tank, and it looked so much nicer without the k-nano in the way of everything

Yeah, thats a good idea, I have an AC30 in mine plus the K-nano though, it gives a pretty turbulent flow with both of them.

I'm thinking about getting a larger AC, but the thing is my sand is really fine and likes to fly away

I went to Petsmart to pick up some ghost shrimp and they don't carry the AC20 so I just went with the AC 30. I don't have it running yet but it doesn't look like there's much difference between the two

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

I'm going to get a picture once they open up more, midterms are really taking up a ton of my time :(

Jason, I still have my 1g, not much has been happening, there's quite a bit of macro algae in there atm, I need to pick up some more corals for it

Yoshii, you're in college now? :o

I remember when you were just a senior. :scarry::tears:

Which college, if you don't mind me asking? And also, if you still work at that place, do they have freshwater for sale now? I need some feesh for my feesh tank. :D

Yoshii, you're in college now? :o

I remember when you were just a senior. :scarry::tears:

Which college, if you don't mind me asking? And also, if you still work at that place, do they have freshwater for sale now? I need some feesh for my feesh tank. :D

2nd semester now

Yep, that was last year

Sorry, I don't want to announce that here, you can PM me if you want to know

Nope, just saltwater

Archived