Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you :)

Ok I was busier than expected on Friday, so I didn't do a water change until last night.

I just cleaned the acrylic, I'll be posting a new FTS today

Last night when I did the water change I also moved the frogspawn up ontop of the rock...and then had to move my palys/zoas cause its tentacles were getting long

I moved the duncan to a lower spot where the nem used to be. Then this morning the nem moved back :furious:

I also checked with my local wholesaler to see if they stocked the Marineland tank, and they don't :(
So I'll probably just order one off amazon/amazon warehouse

FTS from tonight

It looks dark in the pic, but it's actually pretty bright irl. LEDs + camera = :furious:

IMG_8784.jpg

I hope to get up another angled FTS or room FTS soon

FTS from tonight

It looks dark in the pic, but it's actually pretty bright irl. LEDs + camera = :furious:

IMG_8784.jpg

Sweeet. What if....you got a Tubastrea for the "underneath the cave" region? Or a feathery worm? Just a suggestion but I think that would be pretty cool.

And is a damsel liable to get crowded in a 3 gallon tank? I doubt I should be questioning you (you seem to be some sort of celebrity on this website) but from my own experience, they're active and they swim around a lot, so I was just wondering...would they be happy?

Sweeet. What if....you got a Tubastrea for the "underneath the cave" region? Or a feathery worm? Just a suggestion but I think that would be pretty cool.

And is a damsel liable to get crowded in a 3 gallon tank? I doubt I should be questioning you (you seem to be some sort of celebrity on this website) but from my own experience, they're active and they swim around a lot, so I was just wondering...would they be happy?

I've thought about how cool that would look, but if I had to hand feed something there, it'd be kinda annoying cause it's hard to reach

Haha Metrokat is the one who owns NR! Yes, they do get too big for a 3g tank. Mine likes his cave, but comes out whenever I walk by (thinking I will feed him). He's still pretty small, but he is growing. But I already plan on switching fish once I "upgrade" to the Marineland Contour tank, which has a lid! So I'm excited to keep some tiny gobies or blennies in here instead. Just like my previous Yellowtail Damsel, I'll bring him back to my LFS

Great shot, great color! Love the scape!

Thank you! :)

This looks great. I hope my pico looks like this :)

It's still got a ways to go, but thank you :)

Picos are awesome! I'll have to follow your pico thread

Since adding more corals, I'm back to dosing again!

Just tested Alk and Ca today

Alk 8.8, I dosed some more, maybe a little too much but I think I'd like to keep it around 9-10
The water I used to do water changes is NSW, so the alk is around 7.3-7.5. I need to see how much I need to dose right after a water change so I don't shock the corals

Ca 410ppm, added a little bit, I'd like to keep it around 450ppm

Noticed you were liking my pictures so I went to check out your threads and...

How have I not seen this tank.. Really liking the scape and the colors :D

Is that a green bubble tip btw? I've been debating a rose for a 7 gal and am wondering if your nem is planned to stay long term. I know manually splitting the nem should keep it small for awhile if you rehome the clone but it seems like getting it off and back into its spot will be a hassle. Anyways, just thinking out loud :) Hope all goes well!

Noticed you were liking my pictures so I went to check out your threads and...

How have I not seen this tank.. Really liking the scape and the colors :D

Is that a green bubble tip btw? I've been debating a rose for a 7 gal and am wondering if your nem is planned to stay long term. I know manually splitting the nem should keep it small for awhile if you rehome the clone but it seems like getting it off and back into its spot will be a hassle. Anyways, just thinking out loud :) Hope all goes well!

Yes it is. I just recently added the bubble tip. My rock structure consists of two easily removable pieces, so I'm not too worried about peeling it off the rock later

Speaking of the bubble tip, I got home today and had to move the duncan cause the nem decided to move to the front more

IMG_20150217_041915.jpg

Yeah...I did dose a little too much yesterday
Just tested the alk, it's at 10 dKH (compared to 8.8 yesterday)
The corals didn't seem to notice the difference, but I don't want to make it a regular thing

Yes it is. I just recently added the bubble tip. My rock structure consists of two easily removable pieces, so I'm not too worried about peeling it off the rock later

Speaking of the bubble tip, I got home today and had to move the duncan cause the nem decided to move to the front more

IMG_20150217_041915.jpg

Smart haha, how big is yours? I'll try to get mine on some rubble, hopefully it stays

Smart haha, how big is yours? I'll try to get mine on some rubble, hopefully it stays

It's around 3" across when inflated

They like to stick there foot in a crack or hole, keep that in mind

It's around 3" across when inflated

They like to stick there foot in a crack or hole, keep that in mind

Gave my teacher the go ahead today (she's keeping the nem in her tank until mine is up and running), here's what it looks like:

nem_zpsvmjg1nyi.jpg

It's a little bigger than a half dollar :) ...and has wedged itself into a hole in the biggest rock >_>

Guess I'll have to find another solution lol

Cute little RBTA! I thought about getting one instead of a green one, but I like both so I just got the green because my LFS didn't have any small roses in stock

Cute little RBTA! I thought about getting one instead of a green one, but I like both so I just got the green because my LFS didn't have any small roses in stock

Thanks :) It's surprisingly endearing hahaha, it's weird how coral and nems sometimes develop personalities. Or maybe it's just me.. I heard greens stay smaller than roses so it might've been the better choice at the very least

• 4 months later...
Nano sapiens

The tank looks bigger than just 3g and great to see a pico running well for 5 years.

Love the Euphyllia :)

FTS from tonight

IMG_8784.jpg

Have to say that is one of cleanest pico I've seen. Love the simple aquascape!

Have to say that is one of cleanest pico I've seen. Love the simple aquascape!

Thank you!

Unfortunately while I was on a vacation some corals bleached or died (evaporation was much more than expected)

So the tank looks a little different now that I had to rescape some corals

I'll try to get a FTS up by this upcoming week :)

Thank you!

Unfortunately while I was on a vacation some corals bleached or died (evaporation was much more than expected)

So the tank looks a little different now that I had to rescape some corals

I'll try to get a FTS up by this upcoming week :)

Oh that suck man. Hope some of them still made it.

One of the torches half died,and my acans are not super happy, but they are coming back. What is most noticiable is the half-bleached state of the hammer. But pretty much everything else is ok.

I want to clean the glass today and get this tank extra pretty for its 5th birthday on July 4th :D

I can't believe it's been 5 years already!

When you make a midnight trip to the kitchen to get vinegar because you were rescaping your tank and got stabbed by a bristleworm...2015-06-28%2000.29.31_1.jpg

I got fed up with this turf like algae and worse, the Hydroids everywhere, so I got new rock!

Archived