Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How big is the shrimp? Be cool if you could find someone trying to get rid of some fast growing brown 8-10" colony for $50 bucks..

Pretty small, less than an inch

Yeah I'll look out for something like that

There's a used-to-be-pink birdnest colony at my LFS for like $30, I might get that one

And I think this is going to be a cool HH tank cause I found a really neat looking black sea cuke, it's going in this tank :)

Looselyhuman

Wait, all this stuff (shrimp, SPS colony, cuke) are going in the pico? :o I was thinking 55. You are brave.

Also wondering how picky these guys are about acro vs. pocillopra, seriatopora, etc..

Wait, all this stuff (shrimp, SPS colony, cuke) are going in the pico? :o I was thinking 55. You are brave.

Also wondering how picky these guys are about acro vs. pocillopra, seriatopora, etc..

Yep, that's why I'm posting it in this thread :P

It's all tiny stuff, that would get lost in even my 10g. Why am I brave?

The shrimp prefer pocillopra, seriatopora, and stylos. Not so much acros

Looselyhuman
Yep, that's why I'm posting it in this thread :P

It's all tiny stuff, that would get lost in even my 10g. Why am I brave?

The shrimp prefer pocillopra, seriatopora, and stylos. Not so much acros

When you have many threads you're allowed to intermingle. :D

Well if the birdsnet is small I guess... I guess I was thinking a big acro colony like what I saw these guys inhabiting when i searched for the species last night.

Also cukes need lotsa sand no? No experience on them actually so I should shut up now. :)

When you have many threads you're allowed to intermingle. :D

Well if the birdsnet is small I guess... I guess I was thinking a big acro colony like what I saw these guys inhabiting when i searched for the species last night.

Also cukes need lotsa sand no? No experience on them actually so I should shut up now. :)

Many shrimp/crabs may inhabit a smaller colony than what I already have. They don't need much space, just tight branches (hiding places)

I don't know if it's a filter-feeder or not yet, so for now since I already feed my clam a ton of phyto it will go in here. If it's a sand dwelling species I will move it to my 10g (and then my 55g if it keeps growing bigger)

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news...Clammy is dead :tears: :tears: :tears:

I just went to go move him back up on the rock and I found him dead :(

He was fine yesterday, he never gaped, mantle extended, etc.

Wait...could a coral sting a clam enough to kill it?

altolamprologus
Bad news...Clammy is dead :tears: :tears: :tears:

I just went to go move him back up on the rock and I found him dead :(

He was fine yesterday, he never gaped, mantle extended, etc.

Wait...could a coral sting a clam enough to kill it?

Oh no! He was so cute :(

Instead of chocolate, I went the more expensive route and got new corals to make me feel better about Clammy :(

New stuff for this tank:

Purple Monti Digi

Orange Monti Digi

Orange Monti Cebu

Green Candy Cane

Sorry to hear about the clam, this was the little 1/2 inch HH maxima right? Clams that size are difficult to keep which is why the smallest size for sale is at least 1+ inch usually.

Cool HH pistol, I've been looking for one of those for my tank. So jealous Yoshii!

omgsh so many new corals...I literally have Palmer's Blue Milli pieces stacked on top of each other, and digis balancing very precariously between a rock and the tip of a stag :lol:

this tank is a huge mess right now

Ok, phone pics coming up, but you're warned, I just put them in

IMAG1305-1.jpg

IMAG1306.jpg

It's pretty ridiculous

Of course all these pieces won't be staying in here (quite a few are a friend's I'll be holding for a little bit) ad some more will move to my 55, I just feel my 3g is more stable than my 55 atm

• 1 month later...

Archived