Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Ultimate CUBE ! 280g...The obsession continues...

cbort

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ThIs scolly was sold to me as a war paint. Its bright red with lots of different greens. Not sure that its a War Paint Scolly, but cool and bright it is!

scolly2.jpg

Fed my acans and scolly last night. They are great eaters as long as i can keep the fish from stealing their food!

acanseating2.jpg

Acanseating.jpg

So jealous......of all of them! haha congrats bro

Thanks!

Those are some sweet frags.

Thanks animalmaster!

• 2 weeks later...

Man all them new pics are great Cbort. Those acans are awsome.

I may have missed it back in the thread but why is the bottom of the frag tank red?

Man all them new pics are great Cbort. Those acans are awsome.

I may have missed it back in the thread but why is the bottom of the frag tank red?

Thanks gutterguy! Out of 40+ shots thats the only ones i could get to come out halfway decent. :)

teamschreiba

The color in those colors is ridiculous :happy: And I wish I could have a tank just the size of your frag tank haha

The color in those colors is ridiculous :happy: And I wish I could have a tank just the size of your frag tank haha

I cannot take credit for the colors in those Acans! Those acans are just that stunning in person. I just happened to catch their color to my best ability! :) I am a zoa guy, but acans are growing on me! :)

Those are some awesome acans.

Thanks animalmaster!

Nothing on the main tank to report as of now. But i did get some new frags! These may be some of the hottest zoas i have personally owned. I love how bright hot pink they are with the green mouth and dark colored skirts

March2-1.jpg

March4.jpg

March3.jpg

March2.jpg

Frags1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Here are some updated shots...

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

Ball valves on...

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

And the closed loop all finished up and water leak tested, NO LEAKS................YET!

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

Quick question for reefers with experience with this(ok not so quick):

I have only done this one other time, usually when i set up a new tank, i am transferring everything from one tank to the new tank.

This time i have a running system in my fish room 60g frag tank, and a 40g sump. When i add my display tank online, i am basically going to fill the new display tank up with fresh salt water, and turn all pumps on, and it will basically be like a huge water change. My system will go from 100g to 380g with a flip of a switch. I will have my display filled up all the way to the top so that when I turn on the return pump for my display it will begin to let the fresh water drain into the overflow and then down into the sump. The sump is shared by both my running frag system and the display tank.

Finally my question is...would you expect to see much of a cycle? The rock i am using in the display tank is about 300-400lbs. of dried LR. It is all very clean rock, which you can see in my pictures. I will be transfering my LR that i currently have in my frag tank starting 24hours after the system is online. I know its bad to move all of your rocks around and that can cause a cycle, so i plan on doing that slowly piece by piece also.

Archived