Innovative Marine Aquariums

Experimental Macroalgae Troubleshooting Thread

johnmaloney

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney

markusha is getting some. I sent the predea, I found it by the way as well. It looks just like the nemastoma but has little knobs on it, also some other things...I think I got some carpal tunnel thing going on today though so I will let markusha tell you about what makes it through shipping.

markusha is getting some. I sent the predea, I found it by the way as well. It looks just like the nemastoma but has little knobs on it, also some other things...I think I got some carpal tunnel thing going on today though so I will let markusha tell you about what makes it through shipping.

Kay, thanks John. :)

johnmaloney

by the way markusha, the urchin is going in a different tank right? i didnt notice it until today and we were really pressed for time. I know you have more than one setup...

one of the odd ones he got is this algae that is large sheet, (another one of the halymenias, species name escapes me at the moment but I will get to it), with little bumps on it that sort of flicker light at the right angle. WOuld need to be trimmed for aquascaping though, it is big

yeah i have a fowlr (well the hex) for the urchin. sweet! i cant wait to get the box in!!! i'll take lots of pics, parents are back from vacation so i can use the d90 instead of my sisters crappy point n shoot. Also got my sand so that is going in tomorrow too. now i just gotta clean all the hair algae off.

ok guys, sorry no pics today. the water is still cloudy from the sand I added this morning. Really hope it clears up overnight. what colour is the swiss cheese like macro supposed to be? it's a pinkish orange atm.

johnmaloney

that is somewhat accurate. it isnt a deep red, it is lighter. It looks darker in my picture because I have that paper behind it. inside of a pink grapefruit but a little orangeish color ? :)

johnmaloney

I started liking crushed shell substrates because of that. They can be stirred and they settle fast because they are pretty heavy.

edit - i have to run out of town now, make sure to post some updates before I get back! :)

IT CLEARED UP!!! pics!!! some of the macros didn't make it :(.

DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0433.JPG

DSC_0436.JPG

DSC_0437.JPG

full album

i really should clean my glass inside and out lol. sorry guys.

and i'll be needing more sand (for teh jawfish) so this isn't the final scape, at all lol.

yeah the holey swiss cheese one didnt pull thru, it was rather mushy when i got it (maybe more water?) and another branching one that you sent did the same :(. i also think those mermaid shot glasses didnt make it but like you said in a pm to me they will pop up (least i hope).

You are starting another tank! :slap: the contest tank :P

True :P

I already have a dif plan for that though!

johnmaloney

they should be alright. the orange one is the pimply halymenia. Would like to see how that does, it seems to have some stress.

Archived