Top Shelf Aquatics

Experimental Macroalgae Troubleshooting Thread

johnmaloney

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney

sure no problem marushka

hey animalmaster, clear your inbox...i typed a long pm and dont want to lose it..lol...

animalmaster6
hey animalmaster, clear your inbox...i typed a long pm and dont want to lose it..lol...

All clear and you have a pm.

johnmaloney

sorry was out most of the day. i just had to post that before got2envy and then I had to run.

The good news Lalani is we will get to see their tolerance for Priority Mail.

The orange sponges I have are looking good, coralline looks good, the macros I forgot to check on.

ok animalmaster we will figure something out

yes and then no....long story...not a particularly smooth day lets say. :) Sorry, will get it next time

Sorry to hear this, hope everything is at least mostly okay.

John, this is how the Sciania looks in my Pico right now:

IMG_5659.jpg

IMG_5660-1.jpg

Not sure if you can see all the breaks on the stalks and stuff, but tell me what you think.

The Sciania in my 30g looks more faded, not sure how it is doing, but I'm having problems with that tank right now.

animalmaster6
sorry was out most of the day. i just had to post that before got2envy and then I had to run.

The good news Lalani is we will get to see their tolerance for Priority Mail.

The orange sponges I have are looking good, coralline looks good, the macros I forgot to check on.

ok animalmaster we will figure something out

Alright you have another PM John :)

Package just arrived. Holy crap, John, you sent a ton of stuff! omgomgomg

Everything looks great and I'll be heading home in an hour to put them into the tank. I'll post an update later today. :happydance:

johnmaloney

awesome!!! especially if that is 2 days...it opens it up to more people....this is usually how I like to check on 2 day availability...

jacobnano

My boat luckily is unsinkable, or I would have done that twice already. :) Drain plugs are supposed to go in before the boat is launched...lol...to be honest before I had this job I never operated a boat, and we learned all sorts of things the hard way. Good times, good times. But now I know how to paddle a motor boat in, swim it in, walk it in, tow it in etc... :)

this time I lost my wallet and gear...frustrating...but the water was clear so better than a normal day in Feb. Got to love the summer. :)

oops, i didnt refresh...

weetie - that is the tricoclops something or other I had mentioned in an earlier post. The sciania is on the left dead center of ninjabum's pic. They look close, the joints are the difference...let me see if I can get the two together in a shot...but sciania looks like a thinner branched haly e. Will find the name for that one it is one of the pages here...

Wow that sux :(

I lost some nice Ray Bans once :unsure:

I wonder how much personal stuff is at the bottom of the ocean....

Oh John...so I am entering AM's contest with a 20h and I will be using this for the schtuffs from you :happy: should be cool...gonna go with the 2x 24w T5's like I wanted to begin with.

johnmaloney

oh it isnt at the bottom of the ocean, it is at the bottom of a closet i bet. :)

i should have more schtuffs...I really want to be able to keep the sponge zoas one day...I tried too small pieces before, neither made it..they look really cool on lavender rope sponges because they are bright yellow/orange and the sponge is purple but I bet you could have guessed that.

awesome!!! especially if that is 2 days...it opens it up to more people....this is usually how I like to check on 2 day availability...

jacobnano

My boat luckily is unsinkable, or I would have done that twice already. :) Drain plugs are supposed to go in before the boat is launched...lol...to be honest before I had this job I never operated a boat, and we learned all sorts of things the hard way. Good times, good times. But now I know how to paddle a motor boat in, swim it in, walk it in, tow it in etc... :)

this time I lost my wallet and gear...frustrating...but the water was clear so better than a normal day in Feb. Got to love the summer. :)

oops, i didnt refresh...

weetie - that is the tricoclops something or other I had mentioned in an earlier post. The sciania is on the left dead center of ninjabum's pic. They look close, the joints are the difference...let me see if I can get the two together in a shot...but sciania looks like a thinner branched haly e. Will find the name for that one it is one of the pages here...

Wow never used a boat before? Haha well it is good to know how to do those thing, there are many incompetent people out there.

Wow that sucks! Are you saying it was clear so you were able to retrieve it?

Whew, ok, mini update:

All of the green algae look terrific.

One red algae completely disintegrated into a hot pink soup mess. :(

The rest of the red algae are all on the edge. All showing some orange/pink dead spots, but I'll keep a close eye on them.

The coralline and sponge both look good!

And zoas! or palys? Can't tell yet, but that's awesome. Thanks so much, John! :flower:

I'll take some pics this afternoon and post them up. John, what's your email so I can send you the full-res files?

Archived