1 1/2" x 10" x 10" Polypropylene Sheet $37.23

Qty 2: 5% off; Qty 4: 10% off; Qty 12: 15% off;

1" x 10" x 10" HDPE Sheet $17.93

Qty 2: 5% off; Qty 4: 10% off; Qty 12: 15% off;

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$32.70 Acrylic Sheet 12" x 12" x 1" (1.00) Thick USPlastics.com

Thanks spanko I really appreciate the knowledge.

I have to get weldon as I am told it bonds acrylic to glass the best. I don't know if that comes in black however.

weldon bonds acrylic to acrylic.. not acrylic to glass.

You need to silicone acrylic to glass but bonding the 2 is not very stong.

Thanks for that. Im striking out today when it comes to this build. Tarp is halfway up and the wall is painted. I hope to get that all done tomorrow and the tank moved to the wall.

I also ordered the overflow which is going to be 15 3/4" high by 10.5" long. The depth is 4.5-5" its up to him on that.

I also will be ordering the reef keeper elite with out the net as I don't get a signal in the basement.

Overflow came in today - It looks perfect.

Finishing up the stand, hopefully including some interesting ideas tomorrow. Also I'll be working on the rockscape hopefully.

Pictures tomorrow if there is time.

Bitts - do you know of a place to get ball my loc line? The loc line website itself?

I finished the start of the stand cosmetics now I need to put on the doors and a plan to wire everything perfectly. Any suggestions are encouraged.

As to loc line. Most online shops will have it as will many lfs.

For elictrical dave fason would be my go to. Dude is awesome when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I got the reducer however I was wondering if it's possible to paint the PVC black with krylon fusion and still maintain being reef safe?

A lot of people paint PVC black with Krylon and it works out fine...

Nice build BTW bonese... It seems like this is going to cost you some major bones as well!! Quite the equipment list here...

Anyways, some pics would make this much more interesting. I'm in the process of building my stand for a 40br build. Actually a similar setup to yours, so I'm quite interested in how the overflow is mounted...

Thanks AJ I appreciate the kind words. I'm nervous about using the paint on the PVC reducer thats going to connect the loc line to the bulkhead. The krylon fusion is safe to be submerged?

I will most definitly be taking pictures soon but work has been crazy and also I don't know what people would like to see

Do a search for "Krylon" and you'll see plenty of threads where people have submerged parts painted with the stuff. Just be sure that the paint is allowed to cure first.

As for the pics, I would just like to see a picture of your overflow setup for now.

The rule on pic's is every thing. People will search & when they find your thread the pictures are of great use.

Looking good, nice build. The overflow box looks nicely built, I like how the bend was made on one of the teeth slots. What silicon did you use and where did you get it? Thanks

Cichlid, Thanks for checking it out. I used this stuff:

dow 999-a in black.

http://www.amazon.com/Dow-Corning-Silicone...6060&sr=8-8

Works great.

I need some guidance in the PVC reducer choices. I do NOT want to buy a reducer that will cause micro bubbles. All of the reducers I have seen look like they will cause bubbles. Can anyone lead me to the promise land with this reducer and loc line? That's the final step in the master plan.

Cichlid, Thanks for checking it out. I used this stuff:

dow 999-a in black.

http://www.amazon.com/Dow-Corning-Silicone...6060&sr=8-8

Works great.

I need some guidance in the PVC reducer choices. I do NOT want to buy a reducer that will cause micro bubbles. All of the reducers I have seen look like they will cause bubbles. Can anyone lead me to the promise land with this reducer and loc line? That's the final step in the master plan.

that dow stuffs great isnt it.

as to the reducer' if its the one that goes between the bulkhead & the locline pretty much any should work. paint it black. call it good.

overflow looks perfect!

I havent been able to solve this plumbing problem yet - I found a reducer but want to make sure that this is my last possible option. Also I traded in my RKE for a new Apex. I'm in the long haul for a rockscape as I think it will be a low to medium branching bonsai.

I'm very excited still but it has taking forever to get this far.

Archived