Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Red hornets and why they're not rare part 2

organism

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
I'm debating starting a "bad ass zoanthid of the week" thread with a new morph each week to show people what they're missing by not visiting their local LFS every so often.

YES!!!!

Do this please!!!

I'll even donate if I find anything good.

those aussie orchids are amazing. i love just the "spray" of color in the middle.

I've never heard of them, does anyone have a pic of those?

I've never heard of them, does anyone have a pic of those?

I think they are actually the same as the Black Hornets that were selling for $75pp a few months ago with a waiting list. Vivid is calling it Aussie Orchids. To me they look exactly the same. Got 3 polyps for $30.

http://vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp?Pro...;Category=Coral And Invertebrates:WYSIWYG Zoo Frags&SortBy=Price

they look alot like hornets except they have like an overspray of color them. $60 for 4 polyps isn't horribly priceds either (compared to the hornet hype.) and vivid is calling their red hornets "stingers."

here is the whole wysiwyg page

http://vividaquariums.com/wysiwygCoral.asp...G%20Zoo%20Frags

they look alot like hornets except they have like an overspray of color them.

I don't know what you mean but my orchids look exactly like the black hornets on zoaid. If you look at zoaid, they also have an "overspray". Either way, I don't care what they are called. I got mine from Vivid at a good price of $10 a polyp. I wouldn't pay $75 per polyp for them.

It's funny how Vivid was calling their red hornets a few days ago Vivid Red Hornets. Now they changed it to Stingers. :lol: I wonder if someone influenced them to change it.

that's what i meant. lol. the orchids and black hornets. i love the airbrushed middle. who was selling them for $75? sorry to sidetrack the thread.

Idea to start the DBTC thread would be to find people whom have helped reefers before. Zepo. comes to mind first off.. He has done a few contest/give aways and every time I have purchsed from him he includes something as a lil kicker. He would be a prime example of the type of person to get this started at a minimum.

He is what inspited me to give some extra to meganiskreig when her corals showed up DOA in a bad deal and the reason why I try to ninja a lil somethign extra in when i have it when i send corals.

mmelnick is another who offers some nice deals when people buy from him.]

Basically what I am saying is look for some people whom have proven to be generous already and those people will continue to carry on the tradition.

If one of their lines stops passing it forward you can be pretty safe to say that they will still continue to be generous people.

Just my thought.

that's what i meant. lol. the orchids and black hornets. i love the airbrushed middle. who was selling them for $75? sorry to sidetrack the thread.

It was on another forum (I don't know if I'm allowed to say). They had a long waiting list for these black hornets but I think the seller lost most, if not all, of his colony. The same seller also had it on ebay and it sold for...$177.50 for ONE polyp.

When I saw these at Vivid, the guys had no idea what they were. They said they just got it in and it's from Australia. Asked them how much and they said $30 for the three polyp frag I was looking at. Hopefully the black hornet thing catches on so I can payoff some of my credit card bills. Haha. J/K. I'll be happy if these will just stay alive. I have had no luck with zoos in my tank. Most of the new frags I put in just melt away.

vivid came on another forum and said they were wrong to call them red hornets and changed their name for them to something different cause they know they are not true red hornets and apologized for calling them red hornets..

my colony of 8 true red so far.

P7200228.jpg

Idea to start the DBTC thread would be to find people whom have helped reefers before. Zepo. comes to mind first off.. He has done a few contest/give aways and every time I have purchsed from him he includes something as a lil kicker. He would be a prime example of the type of person to get this started at a minimum.

I'd really like to get them to people outside CA though, preferably that are active in their local reef clubs, these are pretty much dime a dozen at LFS out here... I've gotta get these three frags out this week since I just finished up the lighting for the new prop system here and everything needs to be available for locals to pick out. Any outside CA suggestions?

black hornets....that will start a whole nother thread for organsim. lol

lol, nah, no one's pretending those are the rarest thing ever. They're nice, not a bad price on them, Aussie zoanthids aren't cheap for retailers...

Yo Org, can you PM me. I tried sending you one, but you've got them disabled I guess.

Sent, thanks for reminding me to turn them back on :)

animalmaster6
For real, those are some great looking zoanthids, there's some ridiculous color combos out there that are just as common as red hornets but look a lot nicer to me. I'm debating starting a "bad ass zoanthid of the week" thread with a new morph each week to show people what they're missing by not visiting their local LFS every so often.

Are you going to do this?

Are you going to do this?

Been debating it, but I think that thread might fail though. People will start posting their zoanthid pics, which are probably common morphs, and it'll turn into yet another one of those "post your zoanthids pics here" trainwreck threads. Or people will start posting their morphs and turning it into one of the million "wow, you pm'd me and I just happen to have 12 frags for sale" threads.

Been debating it, but I think that thread might fail though. People will start posting their zoanthid pics, which are probably common morphs, and it'll turn into yet another one of those "post your zoanthids pics here" trainwreck threads. Or people will start posting their morphs and turning it into one of the million "wow, you pm'd me and I just happen to have 12 frags for sale" threads.

Is there any way that Mods can turn off responses so just you can post? It'll kill the interactivity thing, but at least the eye candy will flow without hindrance

Dunno, maybe it can be a self-policing thing where if people post pics they can get pm'd and remove them. We'll see, I've got a lot of things to get done at work first...

btw I put the red hornets smack dab under some t5's in the new prop system here about a week and a half or so ago and wow, here they are today. They shrunk a lot but went completely metallic, the colors look fake. I like them better than the photoshopped "lineaged" ones, now I've just gotta find some trustworthy reefers that have good reef club ties :)

post-14867-1279664905_thumb.jpg

NaClCrocodile

I'd be down if you want to send them over here to the South East. Our club isn't huge, but they'd be going all over FL, that's for sure.

reef keeper

Can the mods block everyone you didn't send frags to and let only the people who got frags post pics and talk and then so on. Our club isn't that huge either only like 95 people.

NaClCrocodile
Can the mods block everyone you didn't send frags to and let only the people who got frags post pics and talk and then so on. Our club isn't that huge either only like 95 people.

Bahahah no, not big at all. Especially since our club is all of about 10 active members.

hey organism. i am here in the midwest and a part of the KCRA (kansas city reef association) and would be more than willing to pay it forward to get these out there. but i am heading out of town thursday to the virgin islands and wont be back till july 31. i know it's not in your time frame but let me know otherwise. thanks.

Archived