SaltCritters.com

24 Gallons of the sea NOW with LEDs

kidninja

Just received my JBJ 12 yesterday. Any advice?

yea just read my entire thread, and if you dont find the answers to your questions PM me lol or better yet just post here so i can tell everyone else

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres what my 12g looks like now, moved a bunch of corals from the sand bed trying to make it look more simplistic and clean

P1010364.jpg

and heres a pic of my 65g WIP =)

P1010375.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just an update pic from today! as you can see im trying to go for a more simplified look, moved a bunch of zoas into my 65 along with other stuff

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Ive read that it can kill the FS if they do host them. Basically it irritates it to death. I dont know if this is common or not, but its what has kept me from getting a perc. :( I'm hoping enough people will tell me that the FSs can usually handle it.

So where does your perc lay down at night? Corner of the tank?

I had Frogspawn in my 29 G before I moved and both my Clowns hosted it. It just kept growing and growing.

I had Frogspawn in my 29 G before I moved and both my Clowns hosted it. It just kept growing and growing.

i have a fist sized frogspawn in my 65g and i have 2 huge clown fish hosting it with nooo problem

also since my last picture, i have added another clown and now 2 clowns host the fs with no problem as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

caps work with any lights, wont be as colorful but will def grow.

SO SOME SHOCKING NEW!

i have decided to upgrade my 12 gallon to a 24 gallon jbj with 60w maxspect leds =)

hopefully i can do the move soon and will do a time lapse on the move (if i remember)

so stay tuned for some future updates!!

• 3 weeks later...

So i saw you leave a comment the other day on someone else's thread about the overflow. The pics on the other thread showed a lot of dust/film on the top of the water and you said that the overflow on your tank takes care of that. I have the 24 gal with the overflow and my surface looks just like his. In that chamber i have an inTank media basket with filter floss on top, purigen in the middle, and chemipur on the bottom. Am i doing something wrong that I still have the film on the surface of my water?

Well how high do you have the water? after you put on the grill, you should have you water line just about the same level between the 2nd and 3rd chamber. if its not, you have to take some water out until you reach that barrier in the 2nd and 3rd chamber (if you know what im talking about)

some teaser pics =)

IMG_0900.jpg

DSC_2295.jpg

DSC_2296.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived