IMG_5076.jpg

Moved the button polyps higher

IMG_5075.jpg

New candy cane coral colony!

IMG_5074.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, this is an old post, but I wish I would have seen this example of a Nano-Cube 12g DX before my post in the Coral forum. The only question I have is how did you get the Hydor Flo onto the hole where the outtake was (after you took the original one off)? Does it come with adaptors? I'll definately be upgrading my pump to what you have, but I had kept the sponges in the first chamber as an added filter (for particles that swims around).

Hey, so I have been in the reefing scene for a couple of years so I decided to set up a JBJ 12 Gallon Nano Cube because my original tank was pretty much going downhill. I pretty much wanted to keep everything stock, with as little upgrades as possible.

So enjoy my tank, all comments appreciated, any suggestions, and any questions just ask. ENJOY!

My JBJ Nano Cube 12 DX

Hardware:

JBJ Nano Cube 12DX

Stock lighting: 2x24 PC 50/50

Upgraded stock pump to Maxi-Jet 900

Upgraded stock duckbill to Hydor-Flo

Added additional powerhead to create more random flow

Chamber 1 - Heater

Chamber 2 - Empty (not really too sure what i should put)

Chamber 3 - Maxi-Jet 900

Fish:

False Perc

Bali Firefish

Corals:

Hammer

Neon Green Nepthea

Green Polyp Toadstool

Pulsing Xenias

Variety of zoas

Kenya Tree

Ricordia

GSP

Candy canes

Frogspawn

Shrooms

here are links to videos of my tank =) rate, comment, subscribe to track my progress

02/03/10

02/20/10

03/08/10

DSC_1462.jpg

DSC_1463.jpg

DSC_1451.jpg

DSC_1452.jpg

God, this is an old post, but I wish I would have seen this example of a Nano-Cube 12g DX before my post in the Coral forum. The only question I have is how did you get the Hydor Flo onto the hole where the outtake was (after you took the original one off)? Does it come with adaptors? I'll definately be upgrading my pump to what you have, but I had kept the sponges in the first chamber as an added filter (for particles that swims around).

yes comes with adapters and one of them fits perfectly

nice growth :) looking good!

+ your signature is the best!

lol thanks!

trying to set up a time lapse video together

Oh, one more question...your Clownfish...is he named Nemo as well? hehehe...I think that is a very popular name, for my clownfish is the same name:)

yes comes with adapters and one of them fits perfectly

lol thanks!

trying to set up a time lapse video together

Oh, one more question...your Clownfish...is he named Nemo as well? hehehe...I think that is a very popular name, for my clownfish is the same name:)

lol actually my clownfish is named Kent as in Kent Marine products lol and the firefish is named Pistol as in Pistol Pete (basketball player)

jules-of-fish

Wow! I LOOOVE this tank! :) Its by far the best tank I've seen! :D Such colorfullness and shtuff :) I'm debating if I should buy the Nano tank 12 gal. deluxe or the Biocube 14 gal...? :( totally new to all of this so its SO CONFUSING! >.< Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Wow! I LOOOVE this tank! :) Its by far the best tank I've seen! :D Such colorfullness and shtuff :) I'm debating if I should buy the Nano tank 12 gal. deluxe or the Biocube 14 gal...? :( totally new to all of this so its SO CONFUSING! >.< Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

lol thanks =)

best advice i would say is continually look through the forums, do alot of searches and you will get all your answers. thats how i eventually choose what i wanted

• 3 weeks later...

i'm about to start a 12 gallon tank aswell, it's on this areas aswell,

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=241179

i would really like some advice, i have been told that with 2x24w i can barley have nice stuff, i see you do!

check my tank and could you give me some suggestions with the overflow? i do not know what to put behind.

cheato, live rock, or some other types of filtering material.

well it all depends on what you consider "nice stuff" to be.

for sure you cannot have SPS corals (hard corals), dont think anemones as well

w/e you see in my tank is doing great under the lights

well i have to resign since i was exited about anemones, but then what is that what you have in the back something yellow, i tought it was an yellow leather anemone.

some one told me that i could have zooanthids, could i? i´m sorry if i´m persistant, but you did a nice job and i would like some one to guide me since i have litle experience in reefs tought i have years in planted tanks,

i have posted in many forums but i feel i have been a little ignored when i said i have no experience on nanoreefs.

i became so into planted tanks that i have had almost every single plant for aquarium, i have good contacts all over the globe. i want to do the same with reefs, almost B)

i live near the ocean and there is lots of stuff by tons i would like to know what is posible to get check my gallery and see. there is anemones so iwill not be able to get one. but there is zoos bz tons and other stuff.

thank you.

well i have to resign since i was exited about anemones, but then what is that what you have in the back something yellow, i tought it was an yellow leather anemone.

some one told me that i could have zooanthids, could i? i´m sorry if i´m persistant, but you did a nice job and i would like some one to guide me since i have litle experience in reefs tought i have years in planted tanks,

i have posted in many forums but i feel i have been a little ignored when i said i have no experience on nanoreefs.

i became so into planted tanks that i have had almost every single plant for aquarium, i have good contacts all over the globe. i want to do the same with reefs, almost B)

i live near the ocean and there is lots of stuff by tons i would like to know what is posible to get check my gallery and see. there is anemones so iwill not be able to get one. but there is zoos bz tons and other stuff.

thank you.

yes zoas are fine, the yellow leather in the back is a Green Polyp Toadstool

as for taking things from the ocean... that would be considered stealing and i wouldnt do it because there might be some unwanted critters

I love your tank everything flows together so nice and clean.

BTW i think i saw accepted in theaters like 12 times or something like that i love it lol

I love your tank everything flows together so nice and clean.

BTW i think i saw accepted in theaters like 12 times or something like that i love it lol

lol thanks, too bad the animation is from "Superbad"

new video!

hmm not sure if its just me or is the video blocked?

EDIT

video will be reposted tonight -_- freakin youtube

Archived