inTank Media Baskets

24 Gallons of the sea NOW with LEDs

kidninja

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what kind of magnet cleaner do you use? I still have the stock cleaner for my 12 gallon and it isnt cutting it.

nimble nano, but the person doesnt make them anymore, highly recommended if you can find one

bahamas reef lover

I have the same exact tank with no mods and it does great. I have 2 sponge filters in the 1st, In the 2nd I have there carbon then the white rings then another bag of carbon and the bio balls, and the 3rd the pump and heater. my water is perfect and i have never lost a fish or coral. i have 7 pieces of sps in it too with stock lights. 3 acros, 1 birdsnest, 1 moni, and 2 milli and a ton of LPS, Zoas, and 2 mushrooms.

I have the same exact tank with no mods and it does great. I have 2 sponge filters in the 1st, In the 2nd I have there carbon then the white rings then another bag of carbon and the bio balls, and the 3rd the pump and heater. my water is perfect and i have never lost a fish or coral. i have 7 pieces of sps in it too with stock lights. 3 acros, 1 birdsnest, 1 moni, and 2 milli and a ton of LPS, Zoas, and 2 mushrooms.

very nice! hows the growth on the sps and how long has the tank been running?

also with the sponges, how often do you clean them

Are you still using stock lighting... 2x24 PC 50/50??? If so, that is awesome! I just bought my first corals and the guy at the LFS thought my tank wouldn't be bright enough for some of the colorful zoas. I have the same stock lighting as you. But that's awesome if it's still stock. Gives me hope.

Are you still using stock lighting... 2x24 PC 50/50??? If so, that is awesome! I just bought my first corals and the guy at the LFS thought my tank wouldn't be bright enough for some of the colorful zoas. I have the same stock lighting as you. But that's awesome if it's still stock. Gives me hope.

yep still the stock lighting since day 1, haven't even changed them yet

• 2 weeks later...

love the tank, very well done.

Quick question: On the early posts of the tank, the pictures appeared to have some form of hair like algae, but as the tank gets older, i see the algae is gone. Did you buy the emerald crab later on to help eliminate the algae that was present?

love the tank, very well done.

Quick question: On the early posts of the tank, the pictures appeared to have some form of hair like algae, but as the tank gets older, i see the algae is gone. Did you buy the emerald crab later on to help eliminate the algae that was present?

yep algae is gone because of emerald crab and some snails

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived