Coral Vue Hydros

24 Gallons of the sea NOW with LEDs

kidninja

very nice tank!! I love your gorgonian, I think im going to get one now!!!! lol

i also have a 12g that I just set up.... it's still cycling, but I can't wait to stock it!

thanks, its actually starting to branch out/ grow more!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let me know if you're fragging it... i'm willing to buy frags of it :D

will let ya know, might be awhile too let it grow out more, but looks like it is growing pretty fast

holy_viper

Please forgive the newbie qustions I am about to ask.

I am consifering purchasing the same nano cube because I can

to seem to make it from scrach any cheaper, and what you have is about the extent of what I want in my first tank.

1. What is a duckbill?

2. can I get decent flow by just installing a powerhead and using the stock pump?

Thankyou for you time.

-Corey

Please forgive the newbie qustions I am about to ask.

I am consifering purchasing the same nano cube because I can

to seem to make it from scrach any cheaper, and what you have is about the extent of what I want in my first tank.

1. What is a duckbill?

2. can I get decent flow by just installing a powerhead and using the stock pump?

Thankyou for you time.

-Corey

1. when you get the tank, it comes with a nozzel (http://exhausted.joewilder.net/blogphotos/tank/20080126Nano2.jpg) if you look at the top left, you can see the "duck bill" nozzel

2. well depends what corals you want to put in the tank, some need more flow than others. for me most of my corals needed moderate to high flow. thats one of the reasons i upgrade to a maxi-jet 900 and it seems to be the perfect amount of flow for my tank set up

holy_viper

I noticed you have the nano 12 deluxe with the two 24 watt bulbs if I am not mistaken.

To only do soft corals would I be fine with the lesser priced model making a couple upgrades to get more current, or would I be cutting my self short out on the lighting with only 24 watts, and the luner LEDs?

I am finding that in that size building my own tank seems to cost the same if not more than a cube.

-Corey

I noticed you have the nano 12 deluxe with the two 24 watt bulbs if I am not mistaken.

To only do soft corals would I be fine with the lesser priced model making a couple upgrades to get more current, or would I be cutting my self short out on the lighting with only 24 watts, and the luner LEDs?

I am finding that in that size building my own tank seems to cost the same if not more than a cube.

-Corey

well the tank itself cost me around $140 brand new with stand. if you only want to do soft corals i think you should be fine with 24 watts. i basically did no upgrades to the tank besides adding the koralia nano ,mj 900 and hydor flo

Meengineer0128
just some pics i took recently

DSC_1496.jpg

DSC_1497.jpg

DSC_1498.jpg

DSC_1499.jpg

DSC_1500.jpg

DSC_1501.jpg

DSC_1502.jpg

DSC_1503.jpg

DSC_1504.jpg

DSC_1505.jpg

DSC_1506.jpg

DSC_1507.jpg

DSC_1508.jpg

DSC_1509.jpg

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1512.jpg

DSC_1513.jpg

What is the tall pink coral on the left side that stands up from the substrate???

What is the tall pink coral on the left side that stands up from the substrate???

gorgonian coral. thats how it grows, keeps getting taller and taller and is starting to branch out some more

Everything looks great!

thanks much appreciated! going to be uploading an updated video later today!

fishdaddy0831

Very nice tank. Makes me miss my nepthea I had years ago.

Do you have trouble with your perc hosting the Frogspawn?

Very nice tank. Makes me miss my nepthea I had years ago.

Do you have trouble with your perc hosting the Frogspawn?

i want my perc to host it but it doesnt seem to want to host it, maybe the frogspawn isn't big enough? who knows

the perc isn't hosting anything at the moment and its been about.... 4 or 5 months now

fishdaddy0831
i want my perc to host it but it doesn't seem to want to host it, maybe the frogspawn isn't big enough? who knows

the perc isn't hosting anything at the moment and its been about.... 4 or 5 months now

Ive read that it can kill the FS if they do host them. Basically it irritates it to death. I dont know if this is common or not, but its what has kept me from getting a perc. :( I'm hoping enough people will tell me that the FSs can usually handle it.

So where does your perc lay down at night? Corner of the tank?

Ive read that it can kill the FS if they do host them. Basically it irritates it to death. I dont know if this is common or not, but its what has kept me from getting a perc. :( I'm hoping enough people will tell me that the FSs can usually handle it.

So where does your perc lay down at night? Corner of the tank?

well my cousin had a huge frogspawn and had a perc hosting it no problem, i see my perc sometimes rub against it and the frogspawn seems alright with it

but for now the clown is basically in the corner of the tank, dont even know if it lays down haha

fishdaddy0831

Ive had 2 in 6 years and they both laid down at night. One in the corner because I had nothing for him to host in. That used to freak me out. I thought he was sick or something, but he did it every night hen the lights went out. My other clown years later hosted in a toadstool. He would lay in it at night.

Archived