inTank Media Baskets

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Pickle010

Thanks man... I'm moving on though... Lesson learned, made some changes and moving forward.

now you cant leave me hanging like that, sounds like you have hit the mother load though. that would be the only thing i could keep a secret`

ps

other good news is my bangai started to shimmy and shake, man i wish my male would hold the eggs

Edited by rrcg50

You'll never guess... but I promise to get you details once its in my hands!!!

Ha ha... sorry about the Avatar - I was looking for a cute tribute picture of Cary Coleman to commemorate his death like I did Farrah but found this mug shot and well... couldn't resist. :P

other good news is my bangai started to shimmy and shake, man i wish my male would hold the eggs

Sweet!!! It's got to be rough for them to figure out they aren't supposed to eat the caviar.

Bring back the old Pickle!

C'mon - it's gary Coleman... I know - long before your time. I grew up watching him not grow.

C'mon - it's gary Coleman... I know - long before your time. I grew up watching him not grow.

C'mon I know whatchu talkin' bout. I may be young, but I am learned.

OK... back to fish... my Ocelaris pair are busy laying a new batch of eggs. Her depositer is out and he is doing the wiggle fly by's on the eggs! Try this again next Saturday night!

Now you can't go and throw out some big "suprise" and not even give a hint...

But I did! :P

Any of the fry still wiggling around?

No... I couldn't find anything left alive 6 hours later.

its funny. when ever my father visits he says my fish humpm like rabbits, makes me laugh every time

:naughtydance:

Pickle do you use anemones for your clowns? not specifically for breeding but just in general. My Ocellaris pair just started trying to host my toadstool leather and it doesn't seem to love it. If you all have any info here is a link to the thread I just started about it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238397

I do have nems in my tanks - but not for long - I will be seperating them once I have dedicated tanks for the pairs. The thing about clowns is that they attached to a comfort item in your tank, in this case your toadstood (which isn't happy about it) and even if you do get a nem it may be 6 months before they discover it and take to it. Sometimes they go straight to the nems but you just don't ever know for sure.

I live for hints, yea I know no life :tears:

But I can not find one, this is a tease.

Hint Please :happydance:

OK... I'm just going to spill the beans - Only because I just picked it up and it is sitting in the back of my truck right now.

Yesterday I went down to Bakersfield to talk a guy about a sump for the new system I'm building. Turns out the guy is a tank maintenance person as a profession and used to own a fish store. After talking he gave me a tour of his home setup which was in his garage.

My jaw hit the floor when I walked into a miniature LFS - I mean he had everything - full set ups - lights - dry goods and two 8 foot long wall units each partitioned with 30 holding tanks for livestock. They looked awesome - he went to tell me how he spent $5k each to have them built for his store.

The units sat on acrylic sumps 2 feet wide by 5 foot long with a 3 foot dry side for pumps and equiptment. the second level is about a foot wide and held 6 good size tanks and the next two levels had smaller sections running the full 8 feet across.

Then he asks me what my plans are and I start to tell him about how I got into breeding and I'm setting up a system dedicated to it. I mention that one of those units would be perfect for me. So get this... he turns around and says you know... I have 2 more of these wall units at friends house but have to get them out of there. The house is in foreclosure and he doesn't know when the bank will change the locks.

He offers to sell me one for $400. It took every ounce of control I had to say that I was interested but would have to talk to the wife. I mean spending $400 is one thing but then bringing in a 8 foot by 6 1/2 foot wall unit in to the home office is whole different story.

So when I came home last night I talked to the wife - who was like: "what do mean you didn't buy it?"

I got on the phone right away and sealed the deal!

So this morning I got a truck and drove down to his place. We loaded a unit complete with lighting, pumps, heaters, skimmer and he even threw in an acrylic magnet cleaner as he figured mine where all for glass tanks.

I will need to upgrade a section of lighting for my nems but I'm not worried about that right now. Once I get it set up and running I'll sell off some of my equipment that I won't need anymore and it should just about cover the cost of the set up.

OH>>> and he also said that if he does get notice that the bank is changing the locks and he doesn't have a buyer for the other one he said he'd call me to come get it.

I'd post pictures... but right now it looks like a pile of acrylic boxes in the back of a truck. Next week I'll start putting it together and get some shots up.

Cell phone pic... but a sneak peak!

0531101542-00.jpg

I have two sections like the one in this pic. I'm going to pull every other divider and replace the remaining dividers with black acrylic. That way this level can house my pairs.

Wow I missed so much! It was a good read. Sorry about the last clutch. You thought water quality but I believe what you have been told and it was the food. Good luck with the next one!

Yeah... I'm not taking any chances either way. I'm watching the diet of my pair and making sure to keep up on the water changes. Beyond that I don't think it's the food that the fry got as they can go 24 hours before needing to eat. Since they didn't make it 12 hours - I have to assume it was something else.