Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pickle's N-R Breeders Lounge

Pickle010

He had me questioning what I thought I knew about Picassos so I had to do some digging. I'm on Doni's mailing list but I have time. Like to get better results out of my current breeding pair then get my snowflake producing. By that time I'll be ready to bring in a Picasso.

What kills me is I know he could get one and probably turn a little bit of coin selling me one. :eek:

Inoright?

Oh... btw I know the article I linked above is concerning the lightning maroon - but it's the same principle.

You can still reproduce the traits. I just don't know why someone would get so upset about it.

Came home tonight and went into the normal routine - feeding - harvesting - water changes and then finally got a chance to sit down and watch the fry. Then I saw it. At least I thought I saw it. Holy sh!t I did see it... ladies and gentlemen we have Metamorphosis!!! Finally! The more I watched the more little white head bands I started seeing.

OK... don't laugh at the crappy picture - I need a macro for this. But anyhow here is my proof!

IMG_6702.jpg

I am so excited for you... been following along!!!

Thanks Guys... Yeah... I figured a few people are sitting on the sidelines watching... awful lot of views and not that many comments. ;) But it's all good!!!

Haha sweet. About time :P

I want a trademark Pickle clown once you start breeding them a lot haha

Right on! You got it!

WOW THAT AWESOME. A LOT OF WORK... THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

It's starting to become second nature... I just know it HAS to be done.

OH...

And I picked up another one someplace - just counted like 10 times... I have 16!

cheryl jordan

As other have stated this is a amazing thread. I have learned more by following along on this thread than most books I have read.

So how long does meta take and is it something that you can actually witness happening ?

Cheryl ;)

Sweeet. Name the runt Jacob lmao.

Done! I've alreaddy picked him out. He's the one that keeps getting sucked into the sponge filter tube and can't find his way out until I rescue him.

Done! I've alreaddy picked him out. He's the one that keeps getting sucked into the sponge filter tube and can't find his way out until I rescue him.

Haha sweet. I will be the challenged one that ends up going from the ugly duckling to the beautiful swan! Or I die from repeated filter incidents...oh well haha.

As other have stated this is a amazing thread. I have learned more by following along on this thread than most books I have read.

So how long does meta take and is it something that you can actually witness happening ?

Cheryl ;)

Thanks Cheryl... It should take a few days before the fish are through. However, I do have a couple that are already swimming like regular clowns - I'm wondering if they had started already and I'm just now seeing it as I'm realizing they have head stripes.

Chicagoclowns

All that hard works paying off man congrats.

As for that picasso deal, after i saw the Lighting maroon post i remember seeing it on reefbuilders.com a month ago and i went back to find it and stumbled upon an onyx and picasso collected from new guinia as well.

With the maroon they think it might be something environmentally that caused the lightening pattern but are trying to spawn it with a female maroon from the same area. The picasso and onyx that thy found are as monther nature intended them to be and not guppified. so they came to the conclusion the picasso barring is genetic. It was really interesting

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/05/24/aberran...ics/#more-18756

Correction *** collected from te soloman islands**

Right on.. thanks for the link.

I'll be curious to see if they can reproduce the markings. My guess is that while it is environmental or nutritional that the traits will can be duplicated. And of course until they reproduce them until they are more common the price for one will be astronomical.

Chicagoclowns

I kno the prices are higher bc its a desirable fish i just figured u could show ur pal that its happening naturally so not just humas bioengineering fish lol. The found some cool looking grammas in cuba too.

Have to wait till tomorrow or possibly this weekend.

Having an open house at the college tonight. Been here since 7:30 this morning and opn house doesn't wrap up until 8PM - loooooooong day.

I did get a call from the Mrs earlier who was sitting in front of the tank (she is so into this now) counting head stripes for me.

Congrats.................

Thanks!!!