ReefCleaners.org

FS:. Custom mesh aquarium lids

n00bferlife

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided not to make these any more guys. With The time + cost to make them, no one wants to pay what I want. It's not cost effective to make 1 or 2 here and there, so that's it..... I'm done.

Mods, please delete.

Since your not going to be making thrm any longer, would you care to share how you bend the frame without kinks for those of us that still need tops? Thanks

Decided not to make these any more guys. With The time + cost to make them, no one wants to pay what I want. It's not cost effective to make 1 or 2 here and there, so that's it..... I'm done.

Mods, please delete.

OP, PM folks that are interested, start a new thread with a deadline when they must order by.

LEt everyone know its for a limited time only, there are many reefers on this forum looking for these lids. They just need to find you.

Bum your thread 3 times a day and ask your buyers to as well.

Good luck

Geezzzz give the guy a break. It is not only the parts that cost something but the time to do it. Just call a plumber to your home and I don't know about your area but here they charge 65$ just to get to your home and they have not done any work yet.

I have no clue but I am guessing it takes anywhere from 4 to 6 hours to build one? if so, then it's not that much money per hour.

Of course anyone is welcome to make his or her own, but honestly if I had such aquarium I would buy one right away. They look very well build and I would not bother to spend the time and effort to build one just to safe 40$ or so and have an end result that would not be as good.

I love the little hinges, but do they rust?

your really charging $60 for a piece of window screen? C'mon man...there is a DIY on how to do this in the DIY section.
  • 4 months later...

Ok guys...

For a limited time, due to slow landscaping because of #### weather, I will be starting these up again.

PM me ONLY if you intend to get one ordered asap. No wasting my time with 16 pms trying to get my technique outta me.

K? Sweet. Let's do this. 1st 10 get 10% off.

Since your not going to be making thrm any longer, would you care to share how you bend the frame without kinks for those of us that still need tops? Thanks

Look at his pictures, they are not bent. He just used corner inserts that come with most screen kits. fwiw I paid $12.00 + tax at my local window/screen shop to make me a screen for my 24x24x12 rimless tank.

You know what's sad about this... I paid a member on NR to make me a lid just like this. Actually I wasn't even asking for anything this advanced. It's now taken him about 4-5 months to complete. I haven't heard from him since early December, late November and I have tried emails and no luck. Now I am opening a paypal claim to get my money back. I def want this, however I need to get my funds first before I pay extra for a lid. Very sad as this guy has given me every exuse in the book. Far as I'm concearned he should buy this one for me since I lost my BsJ and yellow assessor on a job that he said would take 6 weeks.

Sorry had to vent. I will be posting a review on him since he also has a business.

Your product is fantastic man. I look forward to having this when I get my issue settled.

I'll add to my favs so I don't lose the thread!

I believe you only get 60 days after payment to file a dispute.

Not sure thou,just remeber reading that somewhere on PayPal.

• 1 year later...
n00bferlife

Its been a couple years...closed down my tank...quit the hobby entirely.

My landscaping company as many know, took off. Soared..flew high for a couple years. Then...economy finally took its toll and we closed doors last December.

Im not the employable type of guy. I run work, I build stuff. Im a creator, Both me and my business partner, my father.

So now what...no job. I have my brand new bride and my unborn son depending in me to provide. In fact the birth of my first child is absolutely freaking me out. Keep thinking back to when I was born. What happened on that day besides my obvious birth...my dad bought a 100g show tank filled it full of triggers and an eel. Reef and marine life has been in my life ever since day one. So I think this is it. Going to open a business in the aquarium world.

Would love a shop. But we will start out with aquarium maintenance, and an online shop.

We are in the process if converting our work shop over. Initially we are going to bring back the AquaMesh lids. Also, we are working with other local reefers and inventors to bring new and excited products. They will be of the highest quality, and hand made...here, in America.

The shop should be ready by friday, so we are taking orders. headed to the supplier tomorrow to stock up on materials for the first few dozen.

Updates and product pics to follow

n00bferlife

pm'd....woooooah! we are off to a good start!!

We will also be getting a paid membership account within the next week or so. if the name aquamesh is available we will swoop on that.....or can i just change my name?

Archived