SaltCritters.com

FS:. Custom mesh aquarium lids

n00bferlife

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep doin what your doin OP.. but i made a mesh top out of window framing and polypropylene netting for 20$.. not to mention i got everything from home depot.. and still had a ####load of supplies left for any future needs. It also took me an hour to make. If people out there can't spend one hour DIY'ing a project like this to save themselves 40$.. they should just chop off their own fingers and donate them since clearly someone else could put them to better use.

• 2 weeks later...
Keep doin what your doin OP.. but i made a mesh top out of window framing and polypropylene netting for 20$.. not to mention i got everything from home depot.. and still had a ####load of supplies left for any future needs. It also took me an hour to make. If people out there can't spend one hour DIY'ing a project like this to save themselves 40$.. they should just chop off their own fingers and donate them since clearly someone else could put them to better use.

You can also get everything you need to do this from BulkReefSupply B) Just sayin...

hahahaha. why do you suggest people chop their fingers off if their lazy?

Because i can if i want to. And because i hate fat lazy people. Got a problem with that? I don't care.

Because i can if i want to. And because i hate fat lazy people. Got a problem with that? I don't care.

You may not fall into the fat and lazy category, but you are the reason there is an ignorant category. Congrats! Don't ever post on a forum in your life again!

I'm neither fat, lazy, NOR ignorant. Looks like someone fell into my category of hate, huh? Aww.. poor Joncelone. Go to the damn gym.

AND, I can post on any open public forum I want to. At any time I please. And the fact that you don't want me to, only gives me more incentive to do so. So thanks. You motivate me.

P.S.

Sorry n00bferlife.. i didn't mean to hijack your thread. I respect what you're doing because there's people that can't or don't want to. I just said what i wanted to say and now i'm out of your thread. Peace.

• 3 weeks later...

Buyer backed out of a lid for a bc8. Any takers? 40 shipped conus.

Also picked up a bc 14 today. So I'll have templates for that, anyone?

Have you done one for a NC24 yet? I was looking at mine and there are brackets that have legs to hold the stock lid up that would get in the way of having it sit down on the ledge and being flush with the top of the tank...just curious how it would work.

i havent done that kind od tank. if u shoot me a pic i can let u know weather or not itll be worth your time to send me a template...

uhh ummhmmm..... Good Morning World.

so i have been making a new product for a cuploe people, and i think i want t start making them more frequently.

By the show of hands, who here has a sunpod?

ok....put your hands down..

Now, by the show of hands, who here has a sunpod, and wish it had actinics?...

i have an option for you guys. its not exactly the cheapest option, but one of the very few. Evil came out with his version, and it was sweet. i wasnt ready to buy at the time. but, when i was ready, he was no longer making them.so what i did was look for an led fixture that was modular, meaning small in size relative to the sunpod, and fairly reliable. I came up with the ecoxotic panorama module. 12w rb leds, cant go wrong. then i mad a bracket, out of aluminum, and BOOM, actinics. heres a few pics,i believe this is an 14g bc, the light spread and intensity is utterly amazing.like i said, its not the cheapest option, but at least it IS an option.

im asking $30 shipped each, you just gotta buy the panorama.

photo_11.jpg

photo_2-5.jpg

photo_32-2.jpg

photo_4-3.jpg

photo_5-2.jpg

also, dont forget...

bc8 lid....40 shipped obo. i need this gone today.

also any for bc14 lids????....

ya there legit. takes a bit of time to get it just right. i like to makesure my mesh is super tight. saggy mesh= nastyness. ive already started the fab process. if anyone has anyother tanks they want me to make it for besides the bc29, im sure we can work something out

Can you make one for a Cadlight 39G Signature Series? www.cadlights.com

Archived