Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Miracle MAX

el fabuloso

el fabuloso
El fab, I really like your choice of fishes. Your making me want to get a larger tank.

Having a larger tank as a grow out tank isn't a bad idea. Especially once those corals start crawling out of your pico. ;)

I've always wanted a jawfish and a Yasha, but thought those 2 would never go together. Now you have got me pretty excited to keep them!

I have to admit I did take a chance in mixing the two but I figured since the yasha has a pistol on her side it might not be a problem. On the other hand I was also concerned about the jawfish messing with the pistol shrimp's tunnels. The first couple of weeks was a little rough and I heard a lot of "gunshots" during that time. Eventually things settled down and the jawfish managed to steal one of the pistol shrimp's prime spots at the front of the tank.

As for the yasha, I was surprise to see her fight back. She would charge back at the jawfish with her mouth wide open despite her being small enough for him to swallow. I'm sure it helped that she was in the tank long before the jawfish and had already staked out a few holes of her own. After a few squabbles they now get along just fine. Strangely enough the yasha is the only one allowed near or within the jawfish's burrow.

I'm lovin this tank fab. Those true percs actually look like clown fish!! I wish I would have found a yasha goby instead of my hi fin, they are so much more colorful. Nice job, keep it up.

el fabuloso

I payed $80 for the pair. That's probably a lot for most people but they're a great looking pair and I really liked their pattern. :happy:

And yes, I have a lid on my tank. It's a RSM with a tight fitting canopy so he won't be going anywhere. Except sometimes he goes missing and I usually find him stuck in the surface skimmer chamber staring back at me.

FLNanoReefer
I payed $80 for the pair. That's probably a lot for most people but they're a great looking pair and I really liked their pattern. :happy:

And yes, I have a lid on my tank. It's a RSM with a tight fitting canopy so he won't be going anywhere. Except sometimes he goes missing and I usually find him stuck in the surface skimmer chamber staring back at me.

That seems like a good price considering how beautiful they are. I am starting a clownfish breeding set up this summer, and I would love to acquire a pair with markings like that!

Did you upgrade the lights at all? If not, did the montis ever loose color? I might wanna try a frag of my cap in my RSM.

el fabuloso

My lighting is completely stock. No color loss on my monti or my millepora and I've observed steady growth and good polyp extension on both.

why do people equate good polyp extension with health? it's very subtly anthropomorphic. not a dig at you, just something that's been on my mind lately.

why do people equate good polyp extension with health? it's very subtly anthropomorphic. not a dig at you, just something that's been on my mind lately.

I don't think humans have polyps.

What an excellent update! I'd lost track of this tank until recently, and I can't believe what I've been missing. Repeating what others have said: great fish choice - especially the jawfish. One of the most beautiful aquarium fish, imho. Awesome harleys, too. Tank looks awesome, keep up the good work! :)

el fabuloso
I don't think humans have polyps.

Actually I know two people who have had polyps taken out of their sinuses. Not a fun procedure. :mellow:

What an excellent update! I'd lost track of this tank until recently, and I can't believe what I've been missing. Repeating what others have said: great fish choice - especially the jawfish. One of the most beautiful aquarium fish, imho. Awesome harleys, too. Tank looks awesome, keep up the good work! :)

Thanks! It's been a work in progress but it's coming along. :)

Actually I know two people who have had polyps taken out of their sinuses. Not a fun procedure. :mellow:

I stand corrected ;) But I bet the length of their polyps did not directly correlate with their happiness.

Edited by SoCalDude