Top Shelf Aquatics

The Miracle MAX

el fabuloso

el fabuloso
Love the flasher. I think I want one. Are they invert safe?

Yes, that was a big selling point for me. I wouldn't want anything nibbling on my little harleys. BTW, the harleys are still working on that same sea star!

tank looks great fab. im not sure about the flasher, but i do know that fish like the snook change sex when they reach a certain size. once they get around ten pounds or so they go from male to female. i doubt the flasher gets this big though.

Flashers only get to about three inches. Females can turn into males but not the other way around. Mine's a male.

damn, that blue clove tank is bangin'. do they not choke out other coral? or sting them or something?

fab, send me somes.

They do spread out but I wouldn't say they're invasive. They're really easy to take out. Just a light brush and they practically dissolve in water. Incidentally this is also what makes them extremely hard to frag. Otherwise they don't sting or choke out other corals. Don't worry, I'll send some your way when they're ready. :)

sorry its the wrong thread, but the pico thread hadn't been touched for a month or so. how did you feel about the goby pistol pair in the pico? i was considering it last night, but could not find a goby small enough like the yasha. now im not sure how it would fare. not gonna add it, but curious regardless

el fabuloso

The goby pistol pair did really well in the pico. Because the tank was small, they were always front and center. Now that they're in the MAX I hardly ever see them. The only bad thing about them in the pico was the constant digging. Not necessarily bad for all picos but it was for mine considering how old my sand bed was and I think it might have something to do with the nitrate spike I kept getting towards the end. I don't foresee this as a negative in a much younger tank though. If anything, having something shift your sand constantly can only be beneficial.

FLNanoReefer

The tank is looking great. Be sure to update us with some pictures. Put me in line for a frag of Blue Clove polyps when they are available.

Clownfish are all bullies. They start out nice and cute, but they always turn into monsters. I think I'm gonna have to give away my maroon, she even bullies my tangs. Hope your tomato isn't that bad

el fabuloso

3/7/10

• The harlies finally finished their first sea star. Without a prisoner to keep captive they're finally starting to wander and explore the tank.

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

• The flasher wrasse is also feeling more at home in the tank and is now swimming out in the open. It's hard to get a good picture of him though as he's constantly on the go and always darting around.

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

Whats the scientific name for cloves?

Clavularia sp.

The tank is looking great. Be sure to update us with some pictures. Put me in line for a frag of Blue Clove polyps when they are available.

Thanks! I'll put you on the list. ;)

Clownfish are all bullies. They start out nice and cute, but they always turn into monsters. I think I'm gonna have to give away my maroon, she even bullies my tangs. Hope your tomato isn't that bad

My tomato clown is doing better with other fish than I had thought. When a new fish is added in the tank she goes straight to them and mouths them to investigate. And then she follows them around constantly to observe them but otherwise no signs of aggression whatsoever although her inquisitive gestures don't really help with keeping the new fish feel at ease. But she stops pestering them once she's used to having them in the tank.

el fabuloso
That shroom looked like the godzilla-sized tapeworm in star war

lol it's an elephant ear mushroom.

Nice pichurs Fab!

Any update on the flow situation? :huh:

Thanks! I've been alternating the two pumps every day since I still can't have them both running at the same time. Also I redirected the chiller return to the back chamber to help keep the water level up. I really don't like doing it that way but it works for now.

how often do you feed those harlies?

They just finished their first sea star after two weeks of torturing it. I have another one on reserve that I'll probably throw in the tank tonight.

Dude love that flasher. I'm gonna have to grab one for my tank.

Also make em wait for the next meal. Give it like a week. That way you'll get to see them wonder for a few days and you won't be wasting the star. They dont need to eat rite away at all but they will. They can go over a month without food which I don't recommend but attract it out a little.

el fabuloso

The flasher is awesome. Great fish with lots of personality. I highly recommend them. I was hoping he'd eat my flatworms but he hasn't touch any of them. Oh well, I guess I'll have to find another option for that.

And Jeff, good idea on keeping 'em wait. I think I'll do that.

animalmaster6
You got it. Do you know if a flasher would get along with my Posum wrasse? anyone if you don't know fab.

Those two are different in feeding. They would get along fine. You want to be careful when mixing wrasses of the same group (I.E. fairy wrasses together and flasher wrasses together). Possum wrasses and flasher wrasses are definitely not in the same group :)