thesmallerthebetter

1/4 Gallon Open Top SPS Cube

fullmonti

Tried to send you a PM but mailbox is full. Hope all is well with you, looking foreword to updates.

glenawil

WOW! 1/152 the size of my mini reef!

(Is the a way to subscribe to individual threads? I only found a way to subscribe to forums...)

Drift Monkey

Options -> Track this topic

garrettparson

Update us on this awesome tank please!

ELGORDOINAVW

Update?

iball1804

Yeah! Updates!

I want to see how you built that pump - it's time to show is all!!!

Rabidgerbil38

Looks like you haven't been in in a while, but I'll leave my comments just in case

This is an epic build, I wish I had seen it sooner! Your DIY micro vortech is amazing :wub:, I'm inspired and I'm gonna build one for my pico now. You got any advice for any issues I might run into? It seems pretty straight forward, seal the magnet inside the tank and attach to the prop housing. Then attach the other mag outside to the motor and place in its housing, then enjoy. I need to look into my local RC hobby shop and see if they got any tiny props..

Anyways keep up the awesome work, its really inspirational and pushing the boundaries of the hobby.

Woogalie

I really like the super long pink weenie palys!!

Yeah!! I am enjoying this thread! Thanks!

swayd

Any updates? :bowdown:

thesmallerthebetter

Life happened to this tank unfortunatley. i moved twice since the last update on this tank and since then have found myself loaded with work (managing a public aquarium and functioning as an instructor at the community college).

BUT! ive reincarnated the system into a 0.9G Marina Cubus with the same general parameters except volume. The "pump" is still going strong, did some rebuilding of the electrical components but other than that its all the same.

The new tank resides on my desk at work where it will hopefully remain for long to come since ill have to stare at it for hours at a time. Theres a link to the new goods in my sig.

Thanks for the kind words that were so prevelant in this thread and i apologize for my having neglected to update all this time. But im back :D

.Newman.

glad to have you back :D

fullmonti

+1 !

Chew_Magna

I may have missed it somewhere but is there a parts list on what you used to build that mini pump?

• Like 1

thesmallerthebetter

there is.....search the googlebox for "diy mini style pump"....

Chew_Magna

there is.....search the googlebox for "diy mini style pump"....

Lol, thread closed for patent infringement? May as well close every diy led, tank and aio thread we have as well.

• Like 2

ocpondpoacher

That pump is awesome. I have been searching for a nano pump like that forever. I have to know how to make it. PM sent

• Like 1