inTank Media Baskets

Violinist's 20 Long - 3 Years!

violinist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the tank looks great! those worms are awesome, you kind of have me wanting some now.

also i'm itching for new coral. sniffing out some cheap duncans at the moment.

also, my blastos do not grow at all. i feed them really heavily, and they don't grow. any new growth for you?

Haha I know you want those rics.

How many heads on your torch and are you handy with a saw...?

i think im up to 3 and yeah they were easy to frag lol...just let me know lol

my blastos do not grow at all. i feed them really heavily, and they don't grow. any new growth for you?

They grow big and fat, but never any new polyps. When they are all bloated up, the two big heads in the front completely hide the other three from view. They are about the size of a half dollar each now. Easily twice as large when I first got them.

They are the one coral in the tank that seem to go absolutely insane for rotifer. When I put that in the water, their mouths open so wide you think they are going to split in half. You could try that and see if it gets them growing. Comes in frozen cubes.

The worms are cool and I zone out watching them wave back and forth.

my harleys have also started exploring the tank instead of just chilling on their one section of LR. i zone out watching my clown surf in the powerhead :)

my blastos freak out when i give them their brine, also frozen cubes. i'll try rotifers though.

So a career change to surgeon is rather unlikely, but I did manage to frag my one ric into ten rics. The post I read about it made it look so simple, but out of the water those 5 green mouths were damn near impossible to find much less slice through. Still, the frags are back in the tank and have stopped sliming and are a little puffed up so we will see if the patients pull through.

So a career change to surgeon is rather unlikely, but I did manage to frag my one ric into ten rics. The post I read about it made it look so simple, but out of the water those 5 green mouths were damn near impossible to find much less slice through. Still, the frags are back in the tank and have stopped sliming and are a little puffed up so we will see if the patients pull through.

I am sure they will be fine.

So lately my Kenya has stopped growing and the polyps are never really fully extended. It has also taken on a grayish cast instead of being brown all over.

Looking through pics, I noticed this at one other time. Each time I added Xenia to the tank, this happened. When I killed my other xenia and didn't transfer it to this new tank, the Kenya really started growing like mad. Couple weeks ago I added Xenia again, and here it is looking irritated and hasn't grown.

The Xenia, of course, is already twice as big as when I added it.

Thinking of dumping the Xenia.

Super jealous about the new shrimp. I saw the pair and my gf put a veto on the purchase. She didn't like the idea of chopping up starfish for food... They are absolutely beautiful though.

Got the tank and stand at the lfs i go to for fw.got a good dael.plus is they are expandin in the next month and going to have ro/di water and sence i'm a reg .35 per gal.looking at 36" lights because i like the look of the fiji purple light.still haven't worked on that 35hex to make room for the 20.tank and stand are in storage right now.

I showed my gf a Harlequin Shrimp when I took her to the LFS and she was so sad that it eats starfish lol. I don't think I will be getting one anytime soon (I might sneak it in and see how long it takes her to notice. I was wondering how that little guy is doing so far. You opt to freeze the star instead of letting it stay in the tank? I know the choco chip stars tend to eat corals and such but I was just wondering.

Yeah I cut a chunk of leg off and tossed it in with the shrimp, the rest went in the freezer.

So far so good. Right now it is on the far side of the tank from the cave it seems to have called home and is sneaking up where the little asterinas are all hanging out on the glass.

It's funny to watch too, it moves so slow and sort of does this half walk half swim thing. The peppermint shrimp moves so fast, but not this guy.

Why's your gf so worked up about it eating starfish? Everything is food for something else.

Archived