Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Lagoon

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp

Now here's something interesting- While cleaning my tank, I noticed that one of the Bongo Shrimp in my new pair might have eggs. I suspect so because one's abdomen is darker than the other's.

You should turn your pico into a bong breeder. Just a thought. It should would be cool if you could raise bongo larvae.

Bongo Shrimp

Yeah but I hate doing WCs everyday on the pico- I know, I know, I don't HAVE to do them everyday, but it worked perfectly when my pico was a reef.

animalmaster6

Nice! I love Blue Velvet Nudis!

2 questions:

- Do they bomb your tank when they die?

- Do they get slime EVERYWHERE like Lettuce Nudis?

Thanks!

Bongo Shrimp

I believe he could bomb the tank but I intend to get rid of him in a week or two before he bombs it.

And he only gets slime in the area where he sleeps at night. Not as he moves around.

I have seen thousands of CRINOIDS (feather stars) diving in the Indo-Pacific, but I have NEVER seen a crinoid in captivity!!! Holy crinoid! I am very curious how and what do you feed it?????????????

Bongo Shrimp

Well the only problem is (I have heard) that all different feather stars eat something different. So unless you found the exact same kind I have, chances are it won't eat the same thing. Anyhow, I feed DTs, frozen mysis, and frozen cyclopeeze to the entire tank daily. But the feather stars could even be eating something else in the tank that I don't even know about.

By the way, the feather stars are in my reef, not lagoon.

Bongo Shrimp

Ok, I'm not just saying this because I don't usually recommend them, but I can tell you that if you're going to get a feather star DO NOT get the pretty red ones. Of all the types people have tried, the red ones never ever live.

***Disclaimer***

The above information does not warrant you to go out and buy a feather star ;)

Bongo Shrimp

Maybe- instead of wondering what they taste like, you should be wondering what starfish taste like? Huh? Ever think of that? :owned:

Archived