Coral Vue Hydros

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Lagoon

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you feeding your banded pipefish? I assume they aren't eating frozen food?

Do both your seahorses eat frozen food? (I noticed one was not from ORA, hence the question)

Pipes both are WC and Both are eating frozen cyclopeeze like pigs. Also, both horses eat frozen mysis. All have been eating frozen from day one.

animalmaster6
Pipes both are WC and Both are eating frozen cyclopeeze like pigs. Also, both horses eat frozen mysis. All have been eating frozen from day one.

How did u manage this?

How did u manage this?

I don't know, guess I was just lucky. But I would not have bought the pipes had I not seen them eat frozen at the shop. Also, both horses just ate it without any problem, they had just eaten it since I got them.

I don't know, guess I was just lucky. But I would not have bought the pipes had I not seen them eat frozen at the shop. Also, both horses just ate it without any problem, they had just eaten it since I got them.

hehe

i dont think its luck lol

your the gawd of taking care of stuff thats not capable of be taking care of ? lol :lol:

hehe

i dont think its luck lol

your the gawd of taking care of stuff thats not capable of be taking care of ? lol :lol:

Haha thanks, the feather star is the only thing I have that technically should not be alive in my tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, some new pics finally:

_DSC0099.jpg

_DSC0102.jpg

_DSC0104.jpg

_DSC0108.jpg

_DSC0093.jpg

_DSC0087.jpg

_DSC0084.jpg

_DSC0109.jpg

_DSC0116.jpg

For those of you who are going to ask where a Bongo Shrimp is, three are hiding but one is here:

_DSC0099copy.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Well I did a water change yesterday and I think I added a little too much pH buffer because the rainsfords goby and smaller pipefish kicked the bucket. :(

Here are some updated shots of the tank. No FTS since the sponges died while I was on break and I had to trim them WAY back. Till it looks better I'm too ashamed to post a FTS.

Bongo Shrimp: (2 of 4)

SANY0153.jpg

SANY0155.jpg

Tunicates:

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0154.jpg

Those tunicates are sweet!

Thanks, the little blue one on the frag plug was a HH on the rock with the big ones. Wanted to see what happens if I "fragged" it.

I'd like to get a new friend for the other pipe but don't know if it's a male or female. I don't want to get the wrong one and have a fight. Either I just try one, or look for a new pair of something else. I probably will get another rainsfords though. I'm thinking of getting a seamoth from LA.

animalmaster6
I'd like to get a new friend for the other pipe but don't know if it's a male or female. I don't want to get the wrong one and have a fight. Either I just try one, or look for a new pair of something else. I probably will get another rainsfords though. I'm thinking of getting a seamoth from LA.

Seamoths are real cooL! I heard they eat inverts though...

Seamoths are real cooL! I heard they eat inverts though...

Yeah but I think they eat stuff like pods and other small stuff. I may call and talk to LA about it.

Yeah but I think they eat stuff like pods and other small stuff. I may call and talk to LA about it.

i would love a seamoth because so little is known about them and they look so cool. my lfs has had two of the skinnier longer type of these fish and i was tempted to get one but i did not have the right size tank. :(

you would be the first person i have heard of keeping them. :)

Any words of wisdom/caution regarding those tunicates? I've been checking out some for a few weeks at a LFS but haven't yet decided to buy or not.

They are filter feeders and according to my LFS (which I trust 110%) they are just filter feeders that just do nothing but look cool. In my opinion though I think they would prefer to be in a tank without things that will always be touching them like active cleaner shrimp. Once in a while the seahorse will grab onto them but it isn't constant. I bet they would do fine for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived