Pod Your Reef

Ten Gallon Contest Thread *Finished*

Jacobnano

:)

I still need tank threads and pics (not for all, some have posted) for these people:

Duckiesforever

Jager

harthag12

rfd515

Maeda

Llamaguy

dhjunkie

Phixion

KIE_NY

bird

Crap! I missed the dead line. I knew it was the 15th, but forgot. Is it too late now?

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap! I missed the dead line. I knew it was the 15th, but forgot. Is it too late now?

Is Jacob back from school?

if not.

HURRY UP AND POST! -_-

:haha:

sorry there's been a delay with my tank. my girlfriends rabbit cage broke and my 10g served as the temporary holding unit until we bought a new cage :/

10gcontest001.jpg

I suppose I can let you in.

After all the trouble I write 'Jacob is the best' in Greek, I certainly hope so. lol :scarry:

I did not even see the pont of this all you had to do was get 2 ten gallon tanks and start one and use the other one to show you had not started yet.

Its really just for fun though, isn't it? If pple want to cheat, there is nothing stopping them. I think we are all just having some fun presented by another fellow reefer. I personally wouldn't care if someone cheated and won the contest myself. A year from now I probably wouldn't even remember it.

sorry there's been a delay with my tank. my girlfriends rabbit cage broke and my 10g served as the temporary holding unit until we bought a new cage :/

10gcontest001.jpg

win.

I vote he's still in, just because he's the only one with a rabbitfish in his aquarium.

It's not like the rabbit couldn't jump out though XD

thats how all the other unofficial contest ahve been though. if you have a problem why not just inform jacob of it and give him the pic prior to the deadline? hes a nice guy. he dont bit. :P

I don't really care about the other contests. If you read my post, I mentioned a PM I shared with Jacob. I was just letting him know that some people have work that takes us away from our computers/tanks for a few days, so it would be nice if there was more than a day cushion. The 24 hour rule makes sense for the first entry, but after that, I hope it widens up. Jacob said this much in a PM to me, but it would be nice to see it on this thread as well.

So what is the next thing to get ready for?

Nothing!! get your tank up and running the contest has begun :P

rules are on post #1

edit- also start a thread in the Members Aquarium section and post a link here for Jacob to add to the first post

Nothing!! get your tank up and running the contest has begun :P

rules are on post #1

edit- also start a thread in the Members Aquarium section and post a link here for Jacob to add to the first post

Ahhh, yes. I read it wrong I see. Thanks.

I guess I was all excited about the way the contest was going, though the way I thought it was going is not the way it is going.

I was all excited thinking it would go like this. Jacob would tell us, OK, add the water, then filtration on a certain day, then LR/SB, then after cycle time corals and then fish with progressive pics.

Oh, well, not so fun but still will do it.

I guess I was all excited about the way the contest was going, though the way I thought it was going is not the way it is going.

I was all excited thinking it would go like this. Jacob would tell us, OK, add the water, then filtration on a certain day, then LR/SB, then after cycle time corals and then fish with progressive pics.

Oh, well, not so fun but still will do it.

:wacko:

You get a lot more freedom than that. The only constraints are the budget, volume of water, and equipment trade out deadlines after month 4 I think.

quick question the rules say "Livestock such as fishes and crabs would be 75% off the Live aquaria pricing" and i notice some people are only taking 25% off the pricing so which is it 75% OF the price or 75% OFF the price

ugh well I have to drop out. I was just diagnosed with a branchial cyst that will take me out of commission here for a little while.

I guess I'll have to start my tank later on. Good luck all

Archived