Cultivated Reef

Ten Gallon Contest Thread *Finished*

Jacobnano

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
justkidding86

stupid west coast time zone thingy. I'm going to bed it has been another nonproductive night for me. Because of nano-reef my grades are declining, my wife hates me, I'm broke, and now the west coast is 2 hours behind. :angry::lol:;)

i talked to him and we deided for USED sunpods it's $1.14 a watt so a 70 watt is $80 (i see alot for sale rangeing from $70 to $100) and a 150 watt is $171

That's some pretty crafty logic you've come up with... Current didn't charge by the watt when they first sold Sunpods, the 150w was only marginally more expensive than the 70, yet you've got it priced at less than half. The rule is "no used pricing". It doesn't matter if they don't make something anymore or not, we know what it cost new. Current making the mistake of discontinuing a good light shouldn't be a bend in the rules!

I see lots of stuff for sale for good prices, but aquarium stuff takes a huge hit in value once it gets wet. They're like cars! I'm sorry to be the jerk here, but the rules have been really fair up until this discontinued product thing, something better needs sorted out! $107 seems fair, although still a deal compared to a new sunpod. I bought my AC110 NEW for under $50 but because the prices have risen I've charged $75 to my budget. Too bad Hagen didn't discontinue a good filter like the AquaClear...

This is the last I'm going to say something about it, and I'm not going to withdraw from the contest or anything, I was setting up this tank anyways. Good luck everyone with your dirt cheap halides, I'll still be plugging along with my little 40 watter.

Thanks Maria for keeping your price at $107, that's a much better price point than a $ per watt.

justkidding86

Since fewskills posted and woke me up from my beauty sleep I need to input my two cents. When I calculated the $107 I was underpricing the Sunpods. To stay within the rules I had to. Now if you ask me I would just say 70w Sunpod = cheapest online 70w fixture. The same with the other discontinued lighting fixtures. Therefore anyone could potentially pay that price for their fixture.

Example:

discontinued 70w Sunpod/Oceanlight = 109.99 Fishneedit 70w pendant

discontinued 150w Sunpod = 139.99 Fishneedit 150w pendant

That way everyone can be on an equal playing ground.

But thats just how I would run things.

edit: WOW fishneedit is really a steal. They got cheap stuff.

The wait is over! It is now time for everyone to post their pics, they must be posted in this thread, just the pic, by tomorrow at midnight (Pacific standard time) to qualify.

And just for fun the object is a piece of paper, with the words written

"Jacob is the best"

. Let the competition begin!

justkidding86
The wait is over! It is now time for everyone to post their pics, they must be posted in this thread, just the pic, by tomorrow at midnight (Pacific standard time) to qualify.

"Jacob is the best"

LOL you would

Ok guys start posting da pics!

Once you do you may begin the competition and fill your tank haha

"Jacob is the best"

I might be able to make an exception. PM damsels, he will understand. This is more so that people dont start early lol. Buuut this has been out there for a couple months....

Archived