Pod Your Reef

Ten Gallon Contest Thread *Finished*

Jacobnano

Do you think this contest is a good idea for someone who has never had a saltwater tank? I was planning on doing a 40g breeder but this will be a lot easier to sell the wife with the limited funds we have for hobbies and entertainment.

Sure it is. You should do a TON of research but this is a great way to start out I think.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think as long as you have the item in the shot by tomorrow it's fine. I won't be able to start mine until maybe tomorrow night at best.

Also, do fans/ac adapter come out of the budget? They're part of the canopy.

Damsels R Cool
Ok I have a serious question.

It's not in the rules but it was agreed upon by the contestants and the mod that all equipment pricing was to be based on the best internet price, to keep it fair. Can we add this to the rules because I am seeing equipment prices that are not backed up by links.

I sorry to single peewee out but come one $100 for a 150w sunpod. Those things for for $250 at best online. Its nothing personal Peewee you got a great deal but this contest needs to be fair.

i talked to him and we deided for USED sunpods it's $1.14 a watt so a 70 watt is $80 (i see alot for sale rangeing from $70 to $100) and a 150 watt is $171

Quick Question: What is a good amount of sand and LR for a 10g.

Depends on the type of LR (density) and your flow. If you have good flow you can add a lot.

As far as sand, you could go DSB, BB, and it depends partly on your stocking.

Jacob add this schtuff to the rules so it's official...I want to know what to do to be fair lol

I am confuzzled. at first I was like :wacko: and now I am like :blink:

Archived