Cultivated Reef

Mr. Microscope's JBJ Picotope

Mr. Microscope

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very Nice! So you got better coral expansion and growth because you put the light at a slight angle instead of directly overhead?

woah i can see how the zoas got much better!

very nice tank it is starting to become :D

and i love that shroom.

Mr. Microscope
Very Nice! So you got better coral expansion and growth because you put the light at a slight angle instead of directly overhead?

I think it has more to do with the light being higher and a general lowering in overall par. Less photo inhibition.

I think it has more to do with the light being higher and a general lowering in overall par. Less photo inhibition.

Oh cool :)

I love the new look of the corals! :D

tanks looks awesome micro!!! sorry to hear about blue lightning. i think you and i aren't meant to have fish. lol.

Thanks!

Yup. I'd have to agree with that. I'm perfectly happy with my corals for now.

quoted for documentation purposes.

Mr. Microscope

Hello All,

This Sunday was a lazy day. So, I decided to take out some polymer clay and see what I could do. 7 hours later, I ended up with this!

sculpture360.jpg

It took me a while to figure out how to make a zoa look acceptable. I started with the colony, made the rock (complete with coralline algae), and decided to add the fish after that. I even had some sparkly clay for the damsel which worked out very well. The zoas are something like a flaming people eater and the fish is a male blue damsel (orange tail damsel). I'm thinking about getting one of those antique-looking bell jars to display it in, or perhaps rig up an LED to shine on it.

Here's a couple close-ups. I made it almost to scale. You can see that a couple of the zoas are closed up and a couple are only half open. They got pissed by the damsel swimming so close. :lol:

sculpture06.jpg

sculpture01.jpg

the never-melting palys......drool. nice skills bro. it took me awhile to figure out it was one creation. i seriously thought you made 7 of them in 7 hours. hahaha.

Archived