Pod Your Reef

Mr. Microscope's JBJ Picotope

Mr. Microscope

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did your birds nest die or something?

I would call this the "Blue Pico" lol everything is so damn bright blue.

Mr. Microscope
did your birds nest die or something?

I would call this the "Blue Pico" lol everything is so damn bright blue.

No, the birdsnest is going strong. It's growing fast and is almost touching my powerhead. I might have to move it. My goal in the near future is to get rid of most of my frag racks and open up a bit.

Yes, this particular FTS looks extremely blue. :lol: I even photoshopped the thing. You should have seen the original image. In person, however, it's not so extreme.

going strong? it looks completely dead white skeleton in that FTS xD

I guess it is way different in real life, its a pink birdsnest right?

Mr. Microscope

No. It has a funny name. Frog in a blender. It's kind of an orange/brown with purple polyps. It's hard to see in that shot. I'd get another birdsnest if the opportunity comes and the price is right. I really like the neon ORA green birdsnests. The pink look cool too. The one I have isn't very impressive, but I got it as a freebee. So, I can't complain. It started out less than an inch and was little more than a claw. Now, it's starting to look somewhat antler/branch-like, and is probably triple or more the size as when I got it.

ParanoidObseshun

Tank is looking good! Cant believe how many frag racks I see in such a small tank haha! I could prolly use some frag racks though, but I dont really have any space for them lol.

Mr. Microscope

Thanks! :lol: I used to have four in there with plans for a fifth! I'm changing my approach now. Gonna slowly eliminate them.

yes I love the ORA green birdsnest too , but they are so dang expensive :(

I think I'll eventually try to get a pink birdsnest at least for my pico.

Mr. Microscope
lol and of course NR is the only site to answer that Q xD

Haha! Right?! Again. NR rules!

Mr. Microscope

New Banner!!!

With the passing of Gobiodon the YCG, I've been thinking about a new banner. I'm not really into rock or metal, but I liked this theme for the new highlight of my aquarium; Blue Lightning the Blue Damsel. I was taking the image of the BD when it swam away and made a blur on the image. I said to myself, "Blue lightning!?", and a name was born.

Here's the new banner:

Bluelightningbanner.jpg

lol its great! I really want a banner like that of my tank, but my tank doesnt have anything exciting in it yet...

Mr. Microscope
Kewl!

Rock!

i am a metal head however and the banner still rocks!!!!

party0031.gif

Nice! :lol: Thanks man!

lol its great! I really want a banner like that of my tank, but my tank doesnt have anything exciting in it yet...

I've been meaning to make one for you .Newman. Maybe get a cool image of your green mushroom or some other corals you like. I'll whip something up for you.

haha, thank you Micro! Still I would like to feature something a bit more exciting than a green shroom lol. Though i cannot see the exciting addition being in my tank anytime soon :(

Mr. Microscope
haha, thank you Micro! Still I would like to feature something a bit more exciting than a green shroom lol. Though i cannot see the exciting addition being in my tank anytime soon :(

Fair enough. Let me know when you have something you want to feature. I like your leather centerpiece. Your photography skills are good. So, it won't be difficult to make you something cool.

next month you will have some new coral.

Newman or me? I mean, yeah, I probably will have a new coral next month, but..?

I want some LPS. I really like bubble corals! I also like torches, but that could be risky.

Nice new fish and banner, its great ;)

Thanks racechase! :)

Archived