Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mr. Microscope's JBJ Picotope

Mr. Microscope

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your tank man! The zoas are great, I cant wait to see a huge garden :) And your goby is so afreakindorable :wub: makes me want one again...

Mr. Microscope
i dont think okinawa can last that long!!!

I feed him Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have someone that's going to feed him on Monday and I'll be back Wednesday. Thanks for your concern though.

Mr. Microscope
I love your tank man! The zoas are great, I cant wait to see a huge garden :) And your goby is so afreakindorable :wub: makes me want one again...

Thanks! I hope the garden grows fast.

Yeah, the goby is really cute. He's starting to get bolder, but has a "safety spot" by the Koralia that he goes to when he gets scared (which doesn't take much). Usually it's just because he got too far away from it. He goes, "yikes! I'm out too far. Eeep!"

Mr. Microscope
:lol: i meant the city. your fire breathing goby might have destroyed it by then.

Haha! Then he gets to fight Rodan and Mothra! :lol:

Mr. Microscope

R.I.P. Gobiodon

2010.05.15 - 2010.06.13

Beloved Fish and Destroyer of Cities

Yes, I'm sorry to say that Gobiodon went desk surfing this weekend. When my boss went to feed him on Monday, he looked like the little dried fish snacks that they sell in Chinatown. Oh well, gonna give it a rest on fish for a little while and try to keep my Nassarius alive.

Here's the last image and movie I got of the little guy...sigh...

gobiodonRIP.jpg

th_IMG_3119.jpg

You will be missed Gobiodon.

dont you have your tank covered by now?

Try to get a cover if youre going to hold any livestock that are physically able to crawl out or jump out of your tank. I learned this lesson from reading El Fab's threads. his green clown goby suffered the same fate.

Sorry for the loss man :(

get a cover and then you can get a fish safely.

Mr. Microscope

Here's something I noticed today. In my last post, I mentioned about how fast my feather duster has been growing lately. Check it out. This is only 5 days growth! Probably due to feeding the tank now.

featherdustergrowth.jpg

dude!! i just came home today to find my antenna goby on the floor. i couldn't find him in the tank and the only hole was a 2" by 2" square hole in the back left that i couldnt cover with the piece of glass i was using due to the filter tube. so i checked on the ground and found him curled up in one of my hats. sux man. i feel your pain.

meganistkrieg

Oh no, Gobiodon! :( I have to admit I lol'd a little when you described the dried fish snacks in Chinatown, but then it's not exactly how I'd like to see a pet. Best to you and fond thoughts to Gobiodon on his fishy journey onward.

(want another porcelain crab? if I ever catch her roughing up my mithrax again she'll need a new home... :lol: )

Mr. Microscope
dude!! i just came home today to find my antenna goby on the floor. i couldn't find him in the tank and the only hole was a 2" by 2" square hole in the back left that i couldnt cover with the piece of glass i was using due to the filter tube. so i checked on the ground and found him curled up in one of my hats. sux man. i feel your pain.

Awe man! Two at once! I can't believe yours made it through that little hole. Sorry to hear it.

Mr. Microscope
(want another porcelain crab? if I ever catch her roughing up my mithrax again she'll need a new home... :lol: )

I'll consider it. It's crazy that the porcelain was picking on the mithrax. I'd think it was the other way around. I thought they only used their claws for defense.

I'm thinking about getting a small colony of micro porcelain crabs from reefkeepers.com. I'm not sure how they'd get along. But, I'll let you know. Got any more coral you want to trade?

Mr. Microscope
Sorry for the loss man :(

get a cover and then you can get a fish safely.

RIP. :o-_-:(:(
So Sorry Mr M
Sorry for your loss :(
I am sorry :(:flower:
sux man. i feel your pain.
Oh no, Gobiodon! :( Best to you and fond thoughts to Gobiodon on his fishy journey onward.
sorry for your loss.

Thanks to everyone for your support!

meganistkrieg
I'll consider it. It's crazy that the porcelain was picking on the mithrax. I'd think it was the other way around. I thought they only used their claws for defense.

I'm thinking about getting a small colony of micro porcelain crabs from reefkeepers.com. I'm not sure how they'd get along. But, I'll let you know. Got any more coral you want to trade?

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I saw a flurry of movement and she had him by the claw and he was quickly trying to backpeddle. I waved my tweezers at them until they broke it up and went to their separate corners - haven't seen any evidence of roughhousing since. I had understood porcelains to be pretty placid but maybe the fact that she's twice his size had something to do with it. Hopefully they'll stay cool but I'll let you know if they go all Sharks & Jets on me again.

Micro porcelain crabs?? That sounds awesome! And no, no more corals yet - letting things grow in a bit as they are. Unless you want some giant green-brown actinodiscus mushrooms, I've got those in spades. :lol:

Mr. Microscope
I used to love reading this thread, now it makes me :tears:

Sorry for all the recent tragedies. I hope you keep reading. More good stuff to come...and probably more failures too. But, hey! They're all good learning experiences, especially the failures.

Sorry for all the recent tragedies. I hope you keep reading. More good stuff to come...and probably more failures too. But, hey! They're all good learning experiences, especially the failures.

I'm definitely sticking with it. I'm just not sure if I can handle a 4th sig image change, should it ever come to that. Maybe you should prominently feature your sandbed or liverock as the character in the next sig :P Ooh, or your chaeto. That's not going anywhere :lol: :lol: :lol:

The bumble bee shrimp would bee a nice adition with porcelinsam they are really small but in your tank you should see them all the time , they never bother the corals and will scavange 4 left over food. I think they are verry entertaning.

sorry for your loss. i think sexy shrimp would b perfect there is no way they are going to jump out. if you are handy you could always make one of the mesh screen tops. they are fairly simple and will save you a ton in fish jumping.

Archived