Top Shelf Aquatics

Mr. Microscope's JBJ Picotope

Mr. Microscope

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope
Seeing your signature with your crab makes me sad now :(

Awe! Sorry about that. Me too. I'm working on changing that, but I'm going to have a hard time topping the, "Giant Puple Lobster" for a grabber. I'm thinking along the lines of a Japanese monster movie theme instead of an American one this time.

"Attack of the Firebreathing Gobiodon of Okinawa!"

lookin sweet man!

Thanks jdl!

meganistkrieg

Congrats on getting the little guy to eat! I have to come see this tank. :D I was showing my dude your thread and he can't believe it's only 3 Gallons!

Lunchtime frag trade sometime next week?? Your mushroom is ready to go! It's just a little guy but they're self-lacerating at a pretty good clip. :happy:

Mr. Microscope
Congrats on getting the little guy to eat! I have to come see this tank. :D I was showing my dude your thread and he can't believe it's only 3 Gallons!

Lunchtime frag trade sometime next week?? Your mushroom is ready to go! It's just a little guy but they're self-lacerating at a pretty good clip. :happy:

Sounds good. Is it on a little piece of rock? I can give you some zoas and a chunk of Anthelia. See you next week. PM me when you know your schedule.

meganistkrieg
Sounds good. Is it on a little piece of rock?

It's on a little piece of rock, yeah - enough to glue it to something else or wedge it in a crevasse.

Racy!

will PM on Monday :happy:

Mr. Microscope
It's on a little piece of rock, yeah - enough to glue it to something else or wedge it in a crevasse.

Racy!

will PM on Monday :happy:

Perfect.

nice additions to the tank. my goby always used to eat frozen mysis for me. it was like crack for that fish. cyclopleeze is great but i don't think it is meant to be the main diet of fish more like a treat. just a thought. i would try some mysis i bet the fish and the snail both enjoy it. my nas snails used to try and climb over my acans when they were eating the mysis.

Mr. Microscope
nice additions to the tank. my goby always used to eat frozen mysis for me. it was like crack for that fish. cyclopleeze is great but i don't think it is meant to be the main diet of fish more like a treat. just a thought. i would try some mysis i bet the fish and the snail both enjoy it. my nas snails used to try and climb over my acans when they were eating the mysis.

Cool. Good to know. I didn't realize that. Perhaps cyclope-eze isn't as nutritious as mysis. Thanks for the info!

Mr. Microscope

Okay folks. Since the death of my porcelain crab, my banner just hasn't been appropriate. I've been thinking for a while and came up with a new one the other night. I decided to stick with the monster movie theme, but went for a Japanese flick instead of an American one this time. Here it is:

gobiodonbanner03.jpg

And here is a closeup of the good stuff:

Gobiodon.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys!

haha thats great. i don't think cyclopleeze isn't nutrious i just think it isn't meant to be the main course so to speak. i always have used it in my tanks and everything from fish to coral love it. i think it would be like eating popcorn all the time, it's healthy for you and tastes good but you couldnt' sustain yourself on it for long.

Mr. Microscope
I think it would be like eating popcorn all the time, it's healthy for you and tastes good but you couldnt' sustain yourself on it for long.

:lol: haha! Awesome analogy! I think I'll be trying mysis in the near future. Thanks again.

badfish816

hey micro, long time. been workin like crazy. new additions look good. that nass is gonna get huge though. sorry bout the porcilain.

Mr. Microscope

Hey badfish!

Good to hear from you. Thanks! The nass is already huge. I sure hope it doesn't get much bigger. I'm trying to free up space in the sandbed for him to roam around.

Unfortunately, I didn't dip my new zoas. They came with a nudi. I caught it though. Hopefully it's the only one. I not sure what to do with the thing (don't really want to just flush it). So, I have it in a little sealed container in the tank.

Since it started feeding, I'm seeing a lot more flat worms. I'll probably do a flatworm eXit before my next water change. I hate to buy a whole box rated for 300 gallons that I only need for 3 gallons. Perhaps a neighbor in the city will spare me a cup of sugar.

I'm over the loss of my porcelain. He's in a better place now...in a beaker of ethanol on my desk. :lol:

badfish816

ya. i thought the same with the flatworm exit. but i just broke down at bought some. hopefully i will be able to do some upgrades on the tank soon. finally getting my life back on track.

Mr. Microscope
ya. i thought the same with the flatworm exit. but i just broke down at bought some. hopefully i will be able to do some upgrades on the tank soon. finally getting my life back on track.

Yeah, I think I'll end up buying some too. It'll be nice to have for future dipping of new corals. I'm glad to hear you're getting back on track. Good luck. I can't wait to see the upgrades.

Yeah, I think I'll end up buying some too. It'll be nice to have for future dipping of new corals. I'm glad to hear you're getting back on track. Good luck. I can't wait to see the upgrades.

Lol dude you gotta dip zoas for real. I am the dipping king now after reading all problems people have. If my zoas dont open or look funny i do a SW + lugols dip just because hahaha.

edit

Love the new banner that is one serious clown goby.

As a side note what did you feed your porcelain crab im thinking of getting one.

Mr. Microscope

Yup.. Oh course, I prefer to learn the hard way. ;) I think I will be investing in some lugols too. Thanks.

Yes, the goby is a 0.9 inches of man-eater!

The porcelain crab was just a filter feeder. I made sure to blow off my rocks a couple times/day. I'm not 100% sure why it died though.

Mr. Microscope

...and just for sh*^s and giggles...

Here's my pet nudibranch! :P

nudibranch.jpg

I found this guy pis&^%ing off my Tub's Blue zoas. I'm hoping that there are no eggs about. I put him in this little plastic box to keep it away from my zoas until I figure out what to do with him. I've been thinking about putting in a couple cheap zoas to keep him happy, but I'm not sure how the zoas will do without any flow. I know I should probably just 86 him, but it's been fun to watch for a few days. I looked at it under a microscope the other day. I just wish I had a camera attached to it. Oh well. One day.

...and just for sh*^s and giggles...

Here's my pet nudibranch! :P

nudibranch.jpg

I found this guy pis&^%ing off my Tub's Blue zoas. I'm hoping that there are no eggs about. I put him in this little plastic box to keep it away from my zoas until I figure out what to do with him. I've been thinking about putting in a couple cheap zoas to keep him happy, but I'm not sure how the zoas will do without any flow. I know I should probably just 86 him, but it's been fun to watch for a few days. I looked at it under a microscope the other day. I just wish I had a camera attached to it. Oh well. One day.

lol you're twisted. kill the bastard already!

Archived