inTank Media Baskets

Mr. Microscope's JBJ Picotope

Mr. Microscope

Yea mine look just like yours but the heads are a lot smaller. I can't get the green to show up right in my pictures either. Do you think yours like being in the flow? Mine aren't in much flow right now and I'm not really sure whether I should look into a small powerhead to increase the flow down near them.

As far as the purple zoas I'm not honestly sure which ones you mean :P

I assume you're talking about either the top left or the bottom mid frag in THIS picture. Those are both really close in color, ones a hotties frag and the others a purple fission. Right now they seem to be losing their color and I think it's honestly because of my light. Hopefully they'll turn out much better once I get my new light. If you like purple you should see my zombie eyes frag. It's usually closed because the heads are really small so they are easily irritated, but they look like this

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Microscope,

I'm considering buying the exact same PAR38 for the exact same tank. I had the same questions about the color temperature so I'm looking forward to what see what you think before I get mine.

Mr. Microscope
Mr. Microscope,

I'm considering buying the exact same PAR38 for the exact same tank. I had the same questions about the color temperature so I'm looking forward to what see what you think before I get mine.

Cool,

I'll be taking plenty of pics when I get it going and will certainly give a review. I know that pics from these can turn out very blue. So, I'll try my best to adjust the images to be true to life so you get an acurate idea of how it looks.

Mr. Microscope - did you do the flow mod (cut the little tab) for the AC70?

I forgot about that and got everything running, now I am too afraid to break it all down to do that part. Instead I just pull up the tube slightly depending on how much flow I would like to reduce.

Mr. Microscope

I forgot about that and got everything running, now I am too afraid to break it all down to do that part. Instead I just pull up the tube slightly depending on how much flow I would like to reduce.

Yes,

I took off the tab, but I use a combination of that and pulling up the tube. I used to have the Chemi-Pure Elite in that first chamber with the impeller. Then every time I did a WC and shut down the AC70 and turned it back on again, the flow would change. Finally, I moved the Chemi-Pure Elite beneath the chaeto. Then, I used a Sharpy marker and drew a line around the arc of the waterline in the tube so that I knew exactly where the flow should be. Now I can adjust it easily when it gets off. This was a must since I raised the waterline above the output. There is no waterfall, so I can't judge the flow visually anymore aside from where the water hits in the tube.

I think you might be able to get away with just raising the tube, but I don't think that your tank will crash if you take out the AC70 for 20 minutes while you remove the tab. Just keep the power-head on if you have one.

Good luck and thanks for viewing my thread!

Well done! That is coming along nicely!

Thanks! Big changes coming soon.

Toby Flenderson

Just got a tracking number from nano tuners. Led should arive on the 25th. I'll bet yours comes the same day.

but I don't think that your tank will crash if you take out the AC70 for 20 minutes while you remove the tab.

I turn off all pumps and filters on my 3 gal each time while feeding the tank which often lasts around 20 min. all livestock is fine when this happens, you should have no problems if you do it quickly.

Thanks! Big changes coming soon.

Cant wait to see what you mean Micro :)

Mr. Microscope
Just got a tracking number from nano tuners. Led should arive on the 25th. I'll bet yours comes the same day.

Awesome! Congrats man! I'll post when I get my tracking number email.

dont sweat it cut out the tab. when i feed my tank i shut off the filter for and hour or so, everything seems to know now when the flow stops the foods a comin. just pour the water and any other living thing in the filter into a jug cut the tab( super easy) and refill. everything should be ok.

Mr. Microscope

It's moments like these why I got into this hobby. I've been waiting for a long time for her to come out in the open to feed. I think Portia is finally getting used to me. She still runs under a rock when my friend comes in the room. Haha!

Enjoy!

th_PorciaFeeding.jpg

Toby Flenderson

Just curious, how many hours on/off are you planning to run with the new lamp and what are you running now?

Mr. Microscope
Just curious, how many hours on/off are you planning to run with the new lamp and what are you running now?

Right now I have about an 11.5 hour photo period. I hadn't thought about changing the time on the new light. I read from Evil66 (I think it was Evil anyways) that you don't really need to change the amount of time, but more importantly use screens to photo-acclimate slowly over a period of weeks. I ordered the 80 degree optics so i'm not too worried about it. I think I will just keep the light a bit higher to start out and slowly bring it down.

Mr. Microscope

New Zoas!

So, I stopped by Manhattan Aquariums on the west side this weekend. WOW! That place is amazing. Tonsof high quality corals. Extremely clean tanks and store. The whole setup is awesome! I picked up some frag plugs and this awesome frag of zoas. I looked it up this morning on zoaid.com and I think they are Zombie Eyes.

Score!

ZombieEyes.jpg

Toby Flenderson

Wow, I just looked at manhatten aquariums web site. Looks nice. I like the new zoas. The names for them are getting out of control. I'm going to create my own names for my zoas now.

Mr. Microscope

Yeah, it's a beautiful place. Everything is top quality.

As for naming the zoas, I was about to do the same for these guys and was getting pretty excited while going through zoaid.com and not coming across them. I wanted to name them Blue Ringed Peach Pies or something like that, but then I came upon the last entry on the last page, and sure enough. There they were. Zombie Eyes. Oh well. I still like them just as much. I can't wait to frag 'em.

Mr. Microscope

LMAO! You win! Yes. I think we should send a letter to zoaid and officially get the name changed. F-ing Brilliant.

Mr. Microscope
Mr. Microscope,

Did you end up running your Chemipure in your stock filter off the AC70 or what?

I used to have the Chemipure by the impeller, but it kept messing with my flow. So, I moved it in the large compartment of the modified AC70 under my Chaeto. It should be working fine there I hope. The other things in there are filter floss and the heater. I didn't end up using any AC70 stock filtration media. I read that the stock Carbon is no good and the beads are a disaster. I did keep the little sponge filter, but haven't found a use for it yet.

Archived