inTank Media Baskets

NRF's 75- near disaster!

Needreefunds

Come here and rake my leaves I so hate doing it. It was windy the other day I was hoping they would judt blow away No such luck. :angry:

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist

I just mow my leaves. :P

Of course, my trees are late droppers, so I'll probably have to rake them after all this year.

:angry:

Have you done anything more with the stand?

I have no leaves :( just big arse palm frawns.... <_< I miss the season leaves

I have a dude mow mah 2 acres for $40 dollaz :P did I mention it's hot out here :lol:

Don't miss the leaves. I was freezing my patootie off last night, already wearing my winter coat.

I just mow my leaves. :P

Of course, my trees are late droppers, so I'll probably have to rake them after all this year.

:angry:

Have you done anything more with the stand?

I break out erryting I gots- mower, yard vac ( when the old dog feels like running -_- ) leaf blower and another rigged up to suck-n-shred dem to itty bitty bits. :P

Donna and I just finished 17 bags stuffed to da bageesus....... time for a Sammie.

No real progress on the stand other than making a larger cutout for the overflow plumbing.

I did get something else done in between the heavy yard work. :ninja:

I have a dude mow mah 2 acres for $40 dollaz :P did I mention it's hot out here :lol:

I should pay someone cuz when I'm done I haz two ache-rs when I'm done also. :happy:

Not a bad weekend here so far. Rather on the warm side actually.

Don't miss the leaves. I was freezing my patootie off last night, already wearing my winter coat.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Was cold last night for sure. But Anne still made it to OGII I see. ;)

Hey I would increase the height of that last baffle by the return pump.

1. prevent sand and macroalgae from getting into the pump.

2. More area for water above the pump. Remember water evaporation will cause this area of the sump to drop in water level first. Give yourself enough room for this and your ATO

004-31.jpg

That's about it for stand progress.

But I did get this done today.

005-30.jpg

008-29.jpg

Excuse the mess please. -_- I think it's gonna get much worse before it starts to get better! :lol:

Hey I would increase the height of that last baffle by the return pump.

1. prevent sand and macroalgae from getting into the pump.

2. More area for water above the pump. Remember water evaporation will cause this area of the sump to drop in water level first. Give yourself enough room for this and your ATO

Thanks for the input as always Dt.

I like to make that wall just high enough to keep out the sand. The thinking there is then I have the whole fuge / return section for evap - well, until I reach that last baffle height anyway.

I will cram an ATO in here somehow also.

Militant Jurist

Looking great! I actually like the lower last baffle, because if you keep enough water in the sump, it will take longer before the sump starts sucking air. With mine, I have a baffle about half way up the tank as the last baffle, and every day or so I have to top off, because the return side has dropped an inch or so below the skimmer-side's water level. With the larger area, and the baffle just as a sand-blocker, it should allow you more time before needing to top off.

At least that's how my mind is playing out the scenario.

That's my thinking as well. Once again we are thinking alike and that makes me worry about you. :P

If you make the last baffle too high, then that is where evap will take place.

This way the pump has available the volume from the last bubble trap baffle to the end of the sump - UNTIL it hits the level of the sand barrier baffle- then it's adios mag pump. :lol:

Seems as though the day will never end. My girls have decided to rearrange Crystals walk in closet.

Where is my Ryobi and my 6ft level?? :unsure:

Got some shelving to hang :lol:

Actually they have done it before. I will go see if I can't slow them down- er- I mean help them out some.

:lol:

Well, my brain is fried because of having taken a licensing exam today.... so I have an excuse. :P

.....at least you have one. :P

your sump's lookin HOT Richie. ;)

good job! :D

Thanks Nate!

Well, what's left of it is permanently damaged by law school. ;)

:eek:

now youve really scared me dude....

:mellow: i gotta rethink law now. :P

Militant Jurist
:eek:

now youve really scared me dude....

:mellow: i gotta rethink law now. :P

Well, law schools are usually pretty up front with this stuff... they say they want to teach you to "think like a lawyer."

What they don't tell you is that that means you will see liability everywhere, and you'll be constantly ready, willing, and able to argue over the definition of everything, including what the definition of "is" is. ;)

Well, what's left of it is permanently damaged by law school. ;)

Hops and barley for me.

Shelf hanging went well. Had to make a Depot run for some brackets.......so I picked up some stuff for the stand door. I mean, I was there anyway, right? :lol:

Geez. the thought just hit me that if I get a few items on the stand finished....well.....the big day may be upon us soon. :huh::scarry:

Some sanding. Build the door. Stain and poly. hmmm. Could this actually be running before the bird is in the oven?? :unsure:

Would be cool if it was. :happy:

Wow! You are clipping right along, sir. Work on the stand and the sump looks great...shelving for the girls' closet...you're going to have wet water before you buy the bird!

:D

Wow! You are clipping right along, sir. Work on the stand and the sump looks great...shelving for the girls' closet...you're going to have wet water before you buy the bird!

:D

fingerscrossed

Militant Jurist

So Richie, are you going to have just a fuge in your sump? Are you going with an internal or external skimmer on this one?

I'm starting to mentally plan the sump for the 20L, so you're giving me all kinds of ideas. :o

:P

So Richie, are you going to have just a fuge in your sump? Are you going with an internal or external skimmer on this one?

I'm starting to mentally plan the sump for the 20L, so you're giving me all kinds of ideas. :o

:P

My Tunze 9010 skimmer will sit right next to the filter sock in the sump.

I will also run my BRS carbon and GFO reactors.

This is really just a larger version of the sump I ran on my prop tank and is really a fairly common set up.

Well, I built the door today and actually found time to stain the whole stand. :o It was a very nice day here in NJ with temps in the mid 60s ( guessing ).

Although I know this will be unpopular, I will hold off on the pics for now. Let the suspense build some. :P

A few coats of poly during the week and there just may be moisture next weekend.

The fumes are gettin to me as we carried that sucker back inside. :wacko:

Militant Jurist
My Tunze 9010 skimmer will sit right next to the filter sock in the sump.

I will also run my BRS carbon and GFO reactors.

This is really just a larger version of the sump I ran on my prop tank and is really a fairly common set up.

Ah ok, cool! I'm still new to this whole 'sump' thing. ;) So many toys that can be used in conjunction with it!

Well, I built the door today and actually found time to stain the whole stand. :o It was a very nice day here in NJ with temps in the mid 60s ( guessing ).

Although I know this will be unpopular, I will hold off on the pics for now. Let the suspense build some. :P

A few coats of poly during the week and there just may be moisture next weekend.

Can't wait to see some wet water! Working with poly is all kinds of fun. I've been known to be pretty OCD with the stuff. I think that I once used five coats of poly on a piece of furniture I built, just to get the 'proper' finish look!

The fumes are gettin to me as we carried that sucker back inside. :wacko:

Gotta love dem fumes! B)

Just remember, don't inhale. :P

Archived