Pod Your Reef

NRF's 75- near disaster!

Needreefunds

That's ok, Nate. You're too young to legally partake in that conversation anyway. ;) Now STUDY your Spanish. :D

Hi Richie! It may feel slow to you, but on this end it looks like you're clipping right along. B)

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist

Don't feel bad Nate, I only caught parts of that. I'm trying to learn (barely) a few languages at once.... German, Spanish, and Latin. -_-

I know just enough of the first two to get me into trouble. B)

Militant Jurist

You know it's easy when it works its way into country music. ;)

One of my new favorite songs busts it out. Of course, it's my favorite not because of the spanish, but because of the line "I've got my toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand."

:happy:B)

Que pasa Roberto? estas cansado? toma dos cervezas para levantarte :P

que tengas buenas noches amigo!!

smiley-smellflowers.gif

Roberto Debe bajar el culo y recibe crackin en su proyecto de actualización.

Pero debe conseguir su paseo con mamá primero.

:lol:

OMG! omgomgomg

I hate spanish (the language) someone needs to teach me how to speak it...;)

:P

Hi Richie! It may feel slow to you, but on this end it looks like you're clipping right along. B)

I am making every effort to go slow, and enjoy this. Since I am the only one putting pressure on me. :P

Progress seems to come in bursts. :P

A little more progress.

I added the latches to make the right side removable should access be necessary.

Also makes installing the sump much easier.

Standsideaccessdoor001.jpg

Standsideaccessdoor002.jpg

Standsideaccessdoor003.jpg

Standsideaccessdoor004.jpg

Moving right along. :happy:

Evening walks are getting colder. Quite the array of decorations noted tonight. Halloween, Thanksgiving and or Christmas could be seen at any given corner :P

Time for a nice Nantucket blend cup o Joe.

I hope to be able to sand out and stain it this weekend- after some heavy yard work that is.

Militant Jurist

Yay for pitchers! :D

I really like the way you've designed the stand. Looks like you'll have a very nice finished product!

ZOMG omgomgomg

PICHTUERZ! :D

i think it was good reasoning on your part to use latches ;)

Thanks Nate. Looks like it should work out well. It's on the side that the love seat is so just slide it out of the way and I'm in there ;):P

Yay for pitchers! :D

I really like the way you've designed the stand. Looks like you'll have a very nice finished product!

Everyone like pics huh? :D Thanks MJ. I hope so. My greatest fear there was winding up with something that looked like I tried to build it, ya know what I mean? :lol:

At this point I am pleased.

Although I think I need to make a larger cut out for the overflow. I just drilled oversize holes, but that won't be enough should I ever need to service the fittings. So I will take the jigsaw and make a nice oval there.

There are some advantages to working slowly.... 'specially when yur brain works more like a dot matrix rather than lazer printer. :P

Militant Jurist
There are some advantages to working slowly.... 'specially when yur brain works more like a dot matrix rather than lazer printer. :P

I'm a bit the same way, when it comes to design. I used to do a lot of finish woodworking when I was younger, and my grandpa built a lot of the furniture in my house, so I have some high standards to meet! It's all about the little touches, and you've got some very nice trim on your stand. B)

I'm a bit the same way, when it comes to design. I used to do a lot of finish woodworking when I was younger, and my grandpa built a lot of the furniture in my house, so I have some high standards to meet! It's all about the little touches, and you've got some very nice trim on your stand. B)

Well, I appreciate the kind words buddy.

It's all about nice trim I always say. ;)

I think I may add more detail / trim to the front of the stand. Rather large open spaces there, but we shall see.

I'm "chewing" on the door construction now.

I thought about using the waste section cut out from the face. I could square it up and trim it I suppose.

Or go with a solid pine board....

I like the first option as obviously the stain and grain would be spot on.

Militant Jurist

I like the first option as well. A bit of wide trim, something like a short door molding or baseboard, would give you a nice and solid edge that could take the abuse of opening and closing. Add a nice hinge and handle, and you've got a piece of work!

I like the first option as well. A bit of wide trim, something like a short door molding or baseboard, would give you a nice and solid edge that could take the abuse of opening and closing. Add a nice hinge and handle, and you've got a piece of work!

Yuppers, that's what I was thinking as well.

Hmmm, we're thinking alike again, makes me worry about you and your upcoming test :P

I picked up some self closing hinges already that should do well. I though of hiding the door mounts behind the trim so very little is seen. I also may explore other hinge options. The front is too clean to have surface mounted hinges. Meh, the more I chew on it the more I think I need to check out other hinge options. No biggie, I think the ones I got were about $3 :P

Militant Jurist
Yuppers, that's what I was thinking as well.

Hmmm, we're thinking alike again, makes me worry about you and your upcoming test :P

:wacko:

I picked up some self closing hinges already that should do well. I though of hiding the door mounts behind the trim so very little is seen. I also may explore other hinge options. The front is too clean to have surface mounted hinges. Meh, the more I chew on it the more I think I need to check out other hinge options. No biggie, I think the ones I got were about $3 :P

That's a good point about the clean look. It would just depend on what you went with, if you do go external. There are some pretty nice brass hinges that might go well with your trim.

The nice thing is, you can always buy a bunch of different ones from Lowes, and then return what you don't use! :D

Nothing.

I have absolutely nothing to report today.

That is all.

Carry on.

:happy:

Actually - I think I will play around with the sump layout since I do have the return pump now.

Ok, now that is all. :happy:

Militant Jurist

A return pump certainly is something!

Ok, carry on. Of course, I'm sure we all hope that carrying on includes taking pictures. ;)

A return pump certainly is something!

Ok, carry on. Of course, I'm sure we all hope that carrying on includes taking pictures. ;)

I thought you might say that.

I'll see what I can do.

The Mag 9.5, while massive looking, ( for a nano-reef guy anyway lol ) fits rather nicely in the 20L and doesn't really require much more space than its smaller siblings.

Militant Jurist

Very cool!

All of this talk about return pumps is giving me the itch to build this 15g that CM gave me the glass for, and to buy one of those fancy overflows we've talked about!

001-32.jpg

Ok, sump mock up filter sock assy, baffles and divider.

002-33.jpg

003-31.jpg

My Tunze 9010 skimmer will go right next to the filter sock here. I have been bouncing back and forth over making this larger should I ever want to try a different skimmer with a larger footprint. The 9010 is rather compact for its performance IMO. Meh, doubt I will ever need to change it though...This Tunze has been awesome for me. Yes, the wishy-washyness continues. :P

004-30.jpg

About 15" available there for my refugium section. Not to shabby methinks. Then the return partition. I will top that with eggcrate to help keep the macros and such out of the return as much as possible.

Talked myself out of cutting the baffles tonight, thought I'd sleep on it and cut them after yard work in the morning.

Very cool!

All of this talk about return pumps is giving me the itch to build this 15g that CM gave me the glass for, and to buy one of those fancy overflows we've talked about!

Doooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt!

Sump looks good. I like the stand I had a friend help me with mine. Have fun putting it all together and can't wait to see it all full and pretty.

Such a bad influence! :P

Ain't I a stinker?? :happy:

The sump is looking great! I like the layout. :D

Thanks buddy, I think I'll roll with this ;)

Sump looks good. I like the stand I had a friend help me with mine. Have fun putting it all together and can't wait to see it all full and pretty.

That makes two of us :P

Thanks for the kind words Kim! So glad I stumbled upon your thread.

Not sure how I missed it in the first place... <_<

wave.gif

Things are lookin' great buddeh!!!

B)

Hey Thanks bro!!

*raises glass* Cheers David! :lol:

Looks great, Richie! I really like the sump layout. B)

Hello Anne!

Tankshoo too! :P

Gonna go rake some leaves and cut some acrylic. :lol:

Archived