Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clavius' 34g Solana

Clavius85

I managed to plug the hole that I made on the 9002's body where I removed the magnet. I also attached the magnet to the side and put the skimmer in the tank. Only to realize that the skimmer cup won't even fit in chamber 1 of the Solana! :rant:

So, I've ordered a 9002 upgraded skimmer cup from inTank/StevieT.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I managed to plug the hole that I made on the 9002's body where I removed the magnet. I also attached the magnet to the side and put the skimmer in the tank. Only to realize that the skimmer cup won't even fit in chamber 1 of the Solana! :rant:

So, I've ordered a 9002 upgraded skimmer cup from inTank/StevieT.

The InTank cup works great!!

there is one of these selling locally with 2 of stevies cups, cleaning kit, hanging kit and custom magnet kit from blackrockreef for $100. i am really wanting to snag it. the guy is also selling a remora pro with upgraded cup and mag 5 pump for $75. thats a steal.

there is one of these selling locally with 2 of stevies cups, cleaning kit, hanging kit and custom magnet kit from blackrockreef for $100. i am really wanting to snag it. the guy is also selling a remora pro with upgraded cup and mag 5 pump for $75. thats a steal.

Wait, is this a Solana for $100?

no the tunze 9002

Oh, well that's a deal. Cheapest I've seen the 9002 is $152. And that's what I paid. Got it from PremiumAquatics.

everyone i have seen that uses these say they love it.

I'm definitely excited to get it working. But I can't do that until StevieT's cup comes. So hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to let you guys know how well the 9002 works.

On a side note I plan on shooting a new video tonight. This one will be in 720p!

badfish816

how fast do your monti caps grow? i just picked up an orange chip and a rainbow monti frag on a trade.

also i am picking up that tunze 9002 that i told you about. he is gonna hold it for me till august when i get back off vacation.

how fast do your monti caps grow?

Well some of them grow pretty quickly (the purple and the red). But others just don't seem to do anything. The green with red polyp monti I have doesn't seem to have grown at all since I got it.

In other news the Chalk Bass is eating. Yay! :happy:

Chalk Bass is getting chased around occasionally by Pygmy Angel. Hopefully it's just temporary. Two shots of the Chalk Bass:

DSCF2008.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

I love that Chalk Bass. I've been thinking about getting one myself.

It's a pretty cool little fish. It mostly hangs out in the top of the water column though. The Pygmy Angel is still my favorite.

In other news I'm lookin into getting a Crocea or Maxima clam from LiveAquaria. There are a couple of really nice ones in the Divers Den section that I have my eye on. I had looked into getting an RBTA. But I decided that I didn't want the potential trouble of a nem.

and get a clam!

Well... I was all prepared to order one from the Diver's Den. BUT, I just found out that I will probably be moving soon. Which means I have to move this tank. Ugh. Just the thought of moving it is depressing. I don't know how I'm going to pull it off. :(

So I finally got the Tunze 9002 skimmer up and running with inTank's upgraded skimmer cup. But the bubbles won't rise very fare up the column in the cup. At best they get about half way. And this is with the valve opened all the way to let the most air in. Does this thing just need to break in or is something wrong here?

Archived