Top Shelf Aquatics

Clavius' 34g Solana

Clavius85

Awesome tank, it's been a great inspiration to me. Keep up the good work. I'm getting my solona 34 in one week!

Thanks! Good luck with your tank!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after thinking about it for several weeks I've decided to sell this entire setup. It has been a fun ride. But I'm going back to college next semester to finish my degree and I'm afraid that I won't have time for the tank.

It was a hard decision to make. But I feel that I made the right one. I'm not out of the hobby for good! I plan on getting back into it after I graduate college and get a "real" job. Maybe then LEDs will be the standard for lighting. My dream tank is a 40b with a sump. I can't wait to someday setup that tank. But until then I think I will focus my attention on my little low-tech freshwater planted setup.

Well I hate to see anyone leave especially a fellow Solana owner. PM me if your interested in selling your vortech or the trim kit for your solana. Best of luck in all you endeavors!

Well I hate to see anyone leave especially a fellow Solana owner. PM me if your interested in selling your vortech or the trim kit for your solana. Best of luck in all you endeavors!

I'm not leaving for good. Just taking a break! I love my Solana but my dream tank is a 40b. So hopefully in a few years I will be able to setup that tank. At the moment I'm only selling things locally. But if I can't sell some things here then I will consider shipping them.

All livestock sold except for the clowns. Hope to sell them tomorrow. Then it'll be time to break down the tank and sell everything else. :(

clavius, this is kuhnforkentucky on kyreef, sad to see you getting out of the hobby, im sure you'll be back soon enough though, its just too hard to stay away from :lol: good luck with the freshwater tank though!

clavius, this is kuhnforkentucky on kyreef, sad to see you getting out of the hobby, im sure you'll be back soon enough though, its just too hard to stay away from :lol: good luck with the freshwater tank though!

Thanks man. I'll be back in it in a few years. Hopefully by then LEDs will have taken over!

Still gotta sell the clowns. But other than that this tank is ready to be broken down. However, I was unable to leave the hobby entirely. I just ordered another JBJ 3g Picotope. The first one I had I traded for frags awhile back. I have this equipment that I don't want to sell (Tunze Osmolator, ReefKeeper Lite, Vortech MP10) but I also don't want to leave it all sitting in a box. So I decided to setup a pico. I'll be starting it as soon as the tank arrives, hopefully in a day or two. I'll take some live rock, water and sand from my Solana to set it up. You can follow the progress of it through the link to my build thread in my sig.

Well I sold my clowns today along with the Sunpod. The clowns were all that was left of my livestock. Sad to see them go but they went to a bigger home. A 180g tank cared for by a nice couple. All that I have left is the live rock and sand which I will leave submerged until another reefer comes to pick it up on Tuesday. This tank was a lot of fun and I learned quite a bit. I'd like to think that overall it was a success.

A shadow of its former self:

IMG_1591.jpg

Sold all of the rock, sand and most of the water today. I went ahead and removed the rest of the water and dumped it. Tomorrow I will begin cleaning the tank.

IMG_1595.jpg

It smell like fishy poo huh? i hate the after smell of a fish tank. It's one of the worst odor to be having in the house. Sucks to be you. :P

It smell like fishy poo huh? i hate the after smell of a fish tank. It's one of the worst odor to be having in the house. Sucks to be you. :P

Yeah it does kind of stink. :wacko:

Archived