ReefCleaners.org

Clavius' 34g Solana

Clavius85

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I go to my crappy LFS today and what do they have? Sexy Shrimp!! I ask the kid working there how much they are as there isn't a card for them. Kid comes back and says he can't sell them to me as they are for "store purposes" or some BS. What the hell is that sh!t? :angry:

So I go to my crappy LFS today and what do they have? Sexy Shrimp!! I ask the kid working there how much they are as there isn't a card for them. Kid comes back and says he can't sell them to me as they are for "store purposes" or some BS. What the hell is that sh!t? :angry:

LOL. maybe they are going into a display tank or something. I lub me some sexy shrimp

LOL. maybe they are going into a display tank or something. I lub me some sexy shrimp

I have no idea what the deal is. I was set to buy both of the sexies that they had. I don't know why they won't sell them. I mean, it's not like Sexy Shrimp have some mystical healing powers that will make this LFS' display tanks not look sh!tty by bringing all the dead fish and corals back to life.

I have no idea what the deal is. I was set to buy both of the sexies that they had. I don't know why they won't sell them. I mean, it's not like Sexy Shrimp have some mystical healing powers that will make this LFS' display tanks not look sh!tty by bringing all the dead fish and corals back to life.

I know why! They've probably been following your tank on the forums and didn't want their only two sexy shrimp to get devoured by cyano!

I know why! They've probably been following your tank on the forums and didn't want their only two sexy shrimp to get devoured by cyano!

:lol:

The cyano is..... under control. And by "under control" I mean it is not getting any worse. I think. I mean, I hope... yeah. :unsure:

Seriously though. I'm off Wednesday and Thursday so I'm going to do a water change and work on the cyano issue then. If I have to siphon it out again that's what I'll do!

So you're telling us this guy runs a fish store now?

soupnazi.jpg

3-4 day blackout begins tomorrow. Gotta kill this cyano!

Imma have to do the same too. Thinking bout taking everything out and put all the frags in the styrofoam box and scrub the back wall and all the rocks again. PITA :( SUCK!!! Let me know how your blackout goes. i don't think my SPS would like blackout at all.

Imma have to do the same too. Thinking bout taking everything out and put all the frags in the styrofoam box and scrub the back wall and all the rocks again. PITA :( SUCK!!! Let me know how your blackout goes. i don't think my SPS would like blackout at all.

I really don't want to do this blackout. I mean, the whole point of the tank is so I can look at it, work on it and enjoy it. Leaving the light off for 3-4 days pretty much means I can't really do any of that. Except for feeding the tank and real basic maintenance. But, I have got to kill off this cyanobacteria. If this doesn't work I don't know what I'll do...

While the Solana is blacked out I'm going to be working on a small 10g freshwater planted tank. I've never done freshwater before and I'm looking for another challenge. Some of the planted tanks are pretty incredible. I'm hoping to be as successful with the planted tank as I've been with my saltwater tanks. And by successful I mean no major screw ups! Here is my thread over at plantedtank.net. If any of you guys do freshwater too feel free to leave any suggestions if I"m doing something totally wrong! :lol:

I just turned my light on after 3 days with it off and all the cyanobacteria is gone!

DSCF2100.jpg

But... I have a new problem. Check out the eyes of my Chalk Bass, something is definitely wrong with this guy :(:

DSCF2101.jpg

If it is gone. make sure you can find the body before it dilute your water. The water smell fishy and i been trying to get the water right for a week now. i think tonight i need to do another water change.

When you do the blackout, how did your montipora cap and other sps response to it? i am afraid to do the blackout on mine since i have a few of SPS and 1 orange cap. Did yours kinda faded?

When you do the blackout, how did your montipora cap and other sps response to it? i am afraid to do the blackout on mine since i have a few of SPS and 1 orange cap. Did yours kinda faded?

I was worried about my corals, too. But they all look fine after the blackout.

Archived