Pod Your Reef

schg's ADA 30c reef

schgr.cube

Tank looks really nice. Have you tried your vortech mounted to the back panel?

Thanks! That is where the Vortech is currently mounted.

FTS from today, thinks are still looking kind of "meh", but all of my zoas and palys are growing well.

040310-FTS-1.jpg

Also picked these up yesterday:

040310-001-1.jpg

Edit: Also just purchased a used Tunze 9002 from a fellow nano-reefer for $50 shipped. It will be here on Monday.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
levitationDrew

Damn 50$ is cheap for a 9002. I would of jumped all over that too. If it doesn't work out for you I'll definetly take that off your hands.

Damn 50$ is cheap for a 9002. I would of jumped all over that too. If it doesn't work out for you I'll definetly take that off your hands.

Hahah well it was $50 because the impeller broke and they glued it back together. Works just fine, just not exactly in perfect condition because of that. But I may have a free impeller coming as well...

I hope it works out for me, I designed the sump around that skimmer! But ill keep that in mind if I don't end up keeping it. ;)

majority_rules

The impeller was messed up in my 9002; not completely broken, but not working properly either. Sent Tunze an email with a few pics and they mailed out a new impeller for free that week. You got an amazing deal for $50.

The impeller was messed up in my 9002; not completely broken, but not working properly either. Sent Tunze an email with a few pics and they mailed out a new impeller for free that week. You got an amazing deal for $50.

Yeah, they want to charge me for one. :angry: I was hoping to get one for free too. But oh well, it works fine anyways, if it goes out I'll just eat the $7 lol.

040510-001.jpg

My sump just needs one more thing to be done, which is the chiller. And I really need to clean it up....

Hmm, I wonder how much it would cost to fly to florida? :lol:

Probably not too much, but we do have World Wide Corals here, and my wife gets free tickets to Universal. ;)

:o Brinks basterd is taking LED's place omgomgomg

BTW, I have a trip to FL on october in the cooks, I'll let you know if it turns out like we want. Might be calling you to catch up. Tell Allison I'm taking free tickah! :naughtydance:

What's for?

70w MH DIY?

AMIRITE?

INOIAM. :)

:o Brinks basterd is taking LED's place omgomgomg

BTW, I have a trip to FL on october in the cooks, I'll let you know if it turns out like we want. Might be calling you to catch up. Tell Allison I'm taking free tickah! :naughtydance:

I ain't sayin nothin! :happy: If I DO go 70w, it might not be permanent...

And Sammy, we are moving back up north in July! You need to come sooner than that!

Good idea losing the Brinks light. You would of been disowned by the ADA club for putting that fixture over it. :P

Good idea losing the Brinks light. You would of been disowned by the ADA club for putting that fixture over it. :P

I started the club! :angry:

But don't worry, even if I do something that ghetto I will make it look nice... :D

Are the leds just not enough light? Or are you seduced by the lure of mh? :happy:

Too much light, and I just miss the look of halides. LEDs look nice, and the color control is great, but it's just not for me.

On another note, I got my Aqua Lifter today, so the little "waterfall" is finished at the top of the tank.

I know it's a little hard to see, but theres an airline tubing there:

040810-002.jpg

Now I probably haven't discussed this much in this thread, but johnmaloney and konolua and I have been coming up with a few ideas for the rock at the top of my tank exposed to air. The ideas on the reefcleaners side involve a small trickle coming through the overflow to keep a variety of things wet up top, including a type of ulva and a tidal moss. There will also be a mangrove (or 2!) running up the back of the tank, that I will ATTEMPT to bonsai using the rock to my advantage. On the konolua side, we have decided to try to find me a burrowing red fiddler crab to take advantage of the exposed rock, keep the reef safe, and add a little color to the tank. I will also eventually be getting a crinoid squat lobster as well.

Hopefully the stuff from John will be here soon, but I am having an incredibly hard time finding that little crab...

On another note, I got my Aqua Lifter today, so the little "waterfall" is finished at the top of the tank.

I know it's a little hard to see, but theres an airline tubing there:

040810-002.jpg

Now I probably haven't discussed this much in this thread, but johnmaloney and konolua and I have been coming up with a few ideas for the rock at the top of my tank exposed to air. The ideas on the reefcleaners side involve a small trickle coming through the overflow to keep a variety of things wet up top, including a type of ulva and a tidal moss. There will also be a mangrove (or 2!) running up the back of the tank, that I will ATTEMPT to bonsai using the rock to my advantage. On the konolua side, we have decided to try to find me a burrowing red fiddler crab to take advantage of the exposed rock, keep the reef safe, and add a little color to the tank. I will also eventually be getting a crinoid squat lobster as well.

Hopefully the stuff from John will be here soon, but I am having an incredibly hard time finding that little crab...

Good job.That will be really awesome if you can work that out.

Well i jsut spent the last hour or so re reading this thread yet again, sorry to hear that your tank took a bit of a dip but it still looks gorgeous.

Good job.That will be really awesome if you can work that out.

Thanks it's actually working quite well so far (already getting some algae growth on the rocks which is nice). Hopefully my package should be here soon from reefcleaners.

Well i jsut spent the last hour or so re reading this thread yet again, sorry to hear that your tank took a bit of a dip but it still looks gorgeous.

LOL sorry it's a disappointment at the end right now. Hopefully I will have my light in the next 2 weeks, things will be kind of slow in the meantime with that. BUT, I'm sure that once I get the light that things will really start to perk up. I also may have a solution for the Vortech again, so the black background may disappear!

Update on the invert project:

Got my tidal moss and vines today (wayyyy too much, thanks John :P ) from reefcleaners. I did what I could with the amount of space I had, and was able to achieve some decent results. I still need a mangrove, and if I could find another kind of moss that actually grows like a regular moss that would be great too. Hopefully should have a fiddler in the next two weeks.

041510-001.jpg

041510-002.jpg

041510-003.jpg

041510-004.jpg

Archived