Top Shelf Aquatics

schg's ADA 30c reef

schgr.cube

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be that big, and I even knew the measurements from designing the sump. Why did you get rid of it, I don't remember?

I don't think I said why, but I plumbed the tank into my larger system.....

I cool the system with a huge fan in the basement.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that mangrove at the top was a really sweet idea.

Thanks!

that probe fits snug in there! :lol: very nice. Finally you have all the equipment as you planned

I know it worked out great. I'm glad we decided to do things the way we did. But even though I have everything I need now, I feel like I need to fine tune everything and make it complete.

Thanks!

I know it worked out great. I'm glad we decided to do things the way we did. But even though I have everything I need now, I feel like I need to fine tune everything and make it complete.

You know, a reef tank is never complete or ever done... its just a work in progress over the time :lol:

I'm ahead, just siphoned out all the sand from my tank :lol: Also did Revive dips on all of them and they're now opening like crazies. Reb Bugs where really bothering them. Still have nothing but bare glass

You know, a reef tank is never complete or ever done... its just a work in progress over the time :lol:

I'm ahead, just siphoned out all the sand from my tank :lol: Also did Revive dips on all of them and they're now opening like crazies. Reb Bugs where really bothering them. Still have nothing but bare glass

Hah true, but there are certain things that I should have finished by now. I should have the wiring all cleaned up and tucked away, I should have the stand finished, I should buy a new pump for the skimmer so it works well instead of decently, but I haven't -_-

Ice probe? Snug fit? You can't say that! omgomgomg

Haha well one thing is for sure right now, it isn't working as well as I expected it to. The tank is at 81.7f. I'm not sure if the unit itself is getting so hot that it being in that little compartment is heating the water, or if my house is just too hot for it to be effective.

How much should this thing be cooling in a tank with <10g of water total?

Crackerballer

Hmm, another thing is that internal pump, so you are trying to cool the body of water that has the most in it, skimmer, return pump, etc. Have you thought about looking into one of the small 1/10s? I think everyone loves the JBJ or something like that.

http://www.marinedepot.com/chillers_coolwo...ceprobe-ap.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/chillers_titani...ica_jbj-ap.html

Damn, I didn't know a 1/15 is friggin $350. Try to find one used. I heard they are the bees knees

Hmm, another thing is that internal pump, so you are trying to cool the body of water that has the most in it, skimmer, return pump, etc. Have you thought about looking into one of the small 1/10s? I think everyone loves the JBJ or something like that.

http://www.marinedepot.com/chillers_coolwo...ceprobe-ap.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/chillers_titani...ica_jbj-ap.html

Damn, I didn't know a 1/15 is friggin $350. Try to find one used. I heard they are the bees knees

Space is my biggest constraint though, I really want to avoid any outside equipment for this setup. I have been debating doing a large external reservoir for the ATO when I get to it, but that will defeat the purpose of this whole thing.

The other thing is that this time of night it usually lowers the temp, especially since we have the fans on. The temp during the day has been about 81f max.

Make sure the rubberband isn't too tight around the mushroom or it will damage the tissue under it and it can become infected. The Pinwheels look great. Were those the only two you got. I can't remember. B)

lookin good. ive been thinking about doing mangroves in mine but i have no idea how id go about it until i have a new light fixture

lookin good. ive been thinking about doing mangroves in mine but i have no idea how id go about it until i have a new light fixture

Well you can always put them in with just a little bit poking out, you don't have to go to the extreme that I did.

Got the light today, and already did a mod. I took my Current lunar-link moonlight and attached it into the inside of the fixture. I will be doing the same on the other side once I get my other moonlight in.

042410-001.jpg

042410-002.jpg

042410-003.jpg

Here is a shot with the FNI 20k bulb in:

042410-004.jpg

I didn't really like it, so I threw in that Phoenix bulb I got from MitchReef which looks LOADs better, but I don't have a picture yet because my battery died.

Nce detail with the moonlights. Is it just me or that MH looks as bright even less than you other fixture? Looks good though.

Nce detail with the moonlights. Is it just me or that MH looks as bright even less than you other fixture? Looks good though.

Its not as bright as the LEDs on full blast at the same height, but that's what I need. The 9 LEDs were overkill for my tank. And honestly, I didn't relize that picture was so dark, it looked great on my computer!

Picture with the Phoenix.......must see picture with the Phoenix.......

I love those bulbs.......

The last picture I posted was the phoenix, but I didn't realize how dark it came out. Everything looks great on my PC but when I see it on my phone / another computer it looks too dark! I need to adjust my brightness.

It looks good, but it is dark.... Where are you getting the crab from?

Yeah I suck at taking pictures apparently...And I'm getting the crab from a local reefer whos dad owns a fish store down south.

What happened to your frag rack? I thought it was a very cool part of your tank! :D I'm actually DIYing something similar.

Haha well it blocked flow too much for this size tank, and was just kind of a PITA. I'll have to keep frags on the bottom now. -_-

Better?:

042610-002.jpg

King Midas:

042610-001.jpg

That Midas is BAD A$$....I believe I can recognize a few original Pinwheels in the background! Those are wicked too!!!!

That Midas is BAD A$$....I believe I can recognize a few original Pinwheels in the background! Those are wicked too!!!!

They are pretty wicked, aren't they? =P theyre a little pissed off still though...

And the midas are so badass in person, they absolutely shine. Ill have to trade you one when it grows for some of your super amazing polyps =) ps, we are getting that place in winter park in july.

That FTS is magnificent. I like the different layers in it. How did the 9002 turn out?

Thanks! Its the best I could do without a tripod. And it didn't work out so well, it needs a new pump. Once I have the extra money for that it should be fine though.

Archived