Coral Vue Hydros

Santa Cruz 20 long- broken down =[

cruzH20polo

I have been trying to figure that out. At first I thought it was darkening because I had it too high and too much light, then I moved it down and a little lighter. I still think I have it too high in the tank, but I am not even sure if its far enough down on the sand.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cruzH20polo
I have been trying to figure that out. At first I thought it was darkening because I had it too high and too much light, then I moved it down and a little lighter. I still think I have it too high in the tank, but I am not even sure if its far enough down on the sand.

well we'll see how the color plays out with new bulbs,

but good feeding and time is probably the best medicine

cool pieces, your going to have to upgrade again before your finished upgrading at ths rate :lol:

:lol: probably

I may or may not have fragged the magicians ;)

and a couple more, im gonna trade for a devils aurora tmo

people know when they have fragged something... :lol:

tundrashaul
people know when they have fragged something... :lol:

i swear i woke up from a nap and found that all my zoas had cut themselves up

:lol::lol:

cruzH20polo

:rant:

mother F#$&ing pepperment shrimp,

woke up to an eye missing off of the blue chalice and half a polyp gone from the the micromussa

trapped him, and getting ride of him .... i want to kill him, but i can trade him back to the lfs and make something off of him.

Bottom line, i hate him

:rant:

tundrashaul

I hate peppermint shrimp too, I feel your pain. Mine found his way into the skimmer intake before i could get rid of him.......

cruzH20polo
boiling water and some coctail sauce will solve that one...

Sorry to hear!

not even worth boiling the water :angry:

Just noticed this thread just wanted to say your tank looks superb.

thank you, hopefully I can out do myself with this next tank

I hate peppermint shrimp too, I feel your pain. Mine found his way into the skimmer intake before i could get rid of him.......

I was able to toss him in on the swap for the devil aurora polyp

Nice Setup! Also I Like the the pic you took of the coral.

thanks! im still a noob when it come to pics, im just trying to get better everytime i take pics

further news:

Im working on cataloging the 29 build, so I can start a new thread ... coming soon!

Latte is my hero of all time, he is sending me some branching live rock to contribute to area 29, the zoa/sps is branch is gonna be wicked

Im taking the tank to get drilled tmo! wish me luck

cruzH20polo

tank drilling got put off till tmo, but its going to happen

and the eye on the chalice has already starting growing back phew ....

and the name of the pink chalice is:

fireflies

The other one doesn't have a name yet

I also picked up some more live sand

project is on standstill until I get the tank drilled

cruzH20polo

drain

IMG_1261.jpg

return

IMG_1263.jpg

new fts

IMG_1258.jpg

really need to get the area 29 thread going

and its too late to get pics of the sour apple latte, tmo though, they really seem to like the new light combo so are the nuke greens too, I've never seen them look so big and happy!

Dang it. I forgot to look at pics when I was home today and now that I am back at work I can't see them because photobucket is blocked. Ehh will try again tomorrow.

boosted chemist

How did you decide how high to drill the return fitting? I wanna go this route on my 29, but also im very paranoid of siphoning back into the tank

cruzH20polo
I REALLY like that Ponape..........

Me too ... Ill probably be cutting another piece off soon

Dang it. I forgot to look at pics when I was home today and now that I am back at work I can't see them because photobucket is blocked. Ehh will try again tomorrow.

its ok more are on the way! haha that rhymed

How did you decide how high to drill the return fitting? I wanna go this route on my 29, but also im very paranoid of siphoning back into the tank

I just looked at the tank, looked at my scape designs, and picked a spot that had a safe buffer zone from the edges

and the siphoning back issue is easilly solved with a check valve, it allows water to move one direction and but when you turn your pump off the valve closes because there is no pressure pushing on the valve.

also you want to make sure you know how much water will drain into your sump:

Close all the ball valves in your return/drain

Fill your tank up

empty your sumpt

open all the valves and let the tank drain

the water will drain from the display into the sump until it gets below the teeth in your overflow box and the siphon breaks in the return line.

empty the sump, and keep track of how much water made it into the sump

subtract that volume from your sumps total volume and that is the maximium amount of water you can put into your sump with out it overflowing, but you REALLY want to leave yourself a few gallon buffer.

once you've figured that out, fill the sump up with the volume you want to be in there and mark it on the sump in the section with your return pump, if you do manual top offs, thats the mark you want to hit, or if you have an ato, then thats where you set your float switch to trigger

whew that was longer than I intended :lol:

more pics in a few moments

Archived