DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

system over load

and a FTS for good measure

DSC_0430.jpg

cruzH20polo

I miss working on my tank ...

and I found out my research job at woods hole oceanographic institute is getting extended, and im not sure for how long

im stoked on that, but man I really miss my tank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK big update! THEY GOT HERE! the 20L is now AI powered!

at the door step

IMG_0187.jpg

in the boxes

IMG_0189.jpg

out of the box

IMG_0191.jpg

unfortunatly I did not have my camera on me for this series of events so please excuse the iPhone pics (they do not do anything justice)

IMG_0227.jpg

the bali green slimmer is a monster now!

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

picked up a small male for the female I've had for a year and half now

IMG_0203.jpg

new lobo

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

blue acro, green cap with purple polyps, neon green cap, cali blue tort, and red cap

IMG_0219.jpg

the long view

IMG_0221.jpg

mind your Z's and P's

IMG_0213.jpg

new rhodactis addition

IMG_0216.jpg

and last but not least FTS!

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

thanks for looking

in other news I got hired at MIT and WHOI do continue my work on dissolved organic phosphorus, so I will be on the east coast until mid oct, I'm bummed I won't have more time to mess with the new lights, but my GF has been most excellent with the tank, and everything is growing well, so not too stressed about that

Gotta love AI =) I was going to get them but since Eco Marine is coming out with the new Radians next week I thought it best to wait to see what thos guys gave birth too. Amazing tank, love the scape, in a few months it will be a pandoras box of acros with thos lights lol

Gotta love AI =) I was going to get them but since Eco Marine is coming out with the new Radians next week I thought it best to wait to see what thos guys gave birth too. Amazing tank, love the scape, in a few months it will be a pandoras box of acros with thos lights lol

Thanks JNA! I'm hoping for some crazy colors/growth with the new lights

and yea the AI's are epic in every sense of the word, I read about the Radians, but I was in need of lights for 2 weeks, (my T5's got wet, and was using a 75w MH ...it was doing ok, but I needed more power)

I've been very happy with the AI's though!

Id be very happy with them lmao. Im starting out on my tank so i can wait a week. U cant go wrong with AI, but just like in any feild of technology in a year all the leds that are out now will look like crap compaired to the new stuff. But needless to say, sweet lights and tank. Your acros are gunna POP!!

Wow really like the tank! The scape is fantastic. Nice lights too, very jealous! Wish I had the funds for AI, but I'll just live them vicariously through everyone else :)

Id be very happy with them lmao. Im starting out on my tank so i can wait a week. U cant go wrong with AI, but just like in any feild of technology in a year all the leds that are out now will look like crap compaired to the new stuff. But needless to say, sweet lights and tank. Your acros are gunna POP!!

I know, I struggled with that for awhile ... at this point though it was well worth the investment, and should hold me over until that next big thing! :lol:

Looks really good cruz!

Thanks Hype! I'm kinda bummed I'm not there to look at for another month or so, but work experience at MIT/WHOI joint program is kinda hard to turn down

Wow really like the tank! The scape is fantastic. Nice lights too, very jealous! Wish I had the funds for AI, but I'll just live them vicariously through everyone else :)

Thanks Paigee!

It took a long time for me to realize that less is more on the scaping front

I was reefing vicariously through other AI light owners, I saved over the summer and just bit the bullet, and I must say it was worth it!

... U made me want the AI SOL... So I bought it... Couldnt wait till next week... The photos were killing me... Thanks alot for forcing my hand lmao.

NICE lights!

Looking great Cruz. I gotta get out there and see that thing in person one of these days.

Thanks! yea you do, its a completely different tank with those lights on it!

... U made me want the AI SOL... So I bought it... Couldnt wait till next week... The photos were killing me... Thanks alot for forcing my hand lmao.

I take no responisbility in your purchases :lol:

but you won't be dissipointed

Wow, very jealous of the new lights! Things are looking pretty good on your end.

they are a fun new toy, and yea I'm very happy with the way the tank has been looking/growing

Yup, AI approved tank :)

I've joined the club!!!

My tank is 24x18x18... Why dont they make a sleak mount for it? These rails only let you moung verticly it looks like.

i know I was a little irked by that, however just using 1 rail you can mount them horizontally, then you have to find away to secure the single rail above the tank...

Im going to do that when I get back from MIT/WHOI, i just didn't have time to do that before i left

haha yea kinda-ish I have a degree in marine biology from uc santa cruz with a concentration on microbial ecology, and worked with cyano's and nitrogen regulation genes for my senior thesis, got hired there as a lab tech, and worked on symbiotic nitrogen use in diatoms and nitrogen fixing bacteria did some pretty cool work on that for a few months

Then I got accepted to the guest student program here at MIT/WHOI to do chemical oceanography, working with dissolved organic phosphorus, now I am a research tech through mid october

then its applying for grad school, hopefully I have a good enough in with the program to get as a grad student fingerscrossed

Very cool!! I was either going with marine biology or heading into the IT feild... Seeing how I am sitting behind a desk 14 hours a day I dont think I picked the right one lol. But it pays the bills. Cant complain.

Very cool!! I was either going with marine biology or heading into the IT feild... Seeing how I am sitting behind a desk 14 hours a day I dont think I picked the right one lol. But it pays the bills. Cant complain.

haha yea, but at least you can pay the bills, not 100% my profession is gonna allow me to do that until I'm 40ish

quick phone picture update from my most awesome GF

best buds

IMG_0256.jpg

bali slimer... doing that growth thing

IMG_0240.jpg

tangerines, zippers, and superman rhodactis

IMG_0241.jpg

gold clovers and micro hammer (its finally starting to grow)

IMG_0243.jpg

holy king midas! i think they are liking the AI's

IMG_0251.jpg

lobo and hungary acan

IMG_0252.jpg

caps and tort

IMG_0254.jpg

left

IMG_0246.jpg

middle

IMG_0247.jpg

right

IMG_0248.jpg

fts!

IMG_0244.jpg

everything is looking good! It seems things are adjusting to the AI's nicely, even though I'm not there, it sounds like everything is good. A complaint I've gotten from GF is that using the mounting rails makes it hard to work in the tank, When I make it back i think I'm going to make a new light mount so its more of an open top

thanks for checkin in!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived