Top Shelf Aquatics

Santa Cruz 20 long- broken down =[

cruzH20polo

Thanks Med!

not currently, at the moment I'm on the other side of the country at MIT/WHOI finishing up a research gig,

the AI's were an emergency replacement, my T5's went swimming ... but a 70watt MH over the tank, ordered the AI's and timed their arrival with my mini vacation back to cali, so I only had a a day or two to get up up and working. Im not super excited about the lights being so close to the water but its working for now and will have to do until the end of oct

but ill be back at the end of oct, and my plan is to get CADlights 40 and hang have hang them at least 15" off the surface.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like your corals will love the new lighting setup

yea so far so good,

and through the pics my GF sends me, it seems like the LPS are staying strong

Picture proof!

this slimer does not stop growing!

IMG_0299.jpg

milli and verricosa

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

king midas and some red zoa's

IMG_0297.jpg

gold cloves, hammer, rhodactis, torch

IMG_0296.jpg

tangerines and zippers

IMG_0294-1.jpg

top of the right side

IMG_0293.jpg

the ora red planet really starting to take off

IMG_0292.jpg

acan

IMG_0291.jpg

lobo

IMG_0290.jpg

right side

IMG_0288.jpg

left

IMG_0287.jpg

fts!

IMG_0286-1.jpg

There has been noticeable growth in my sps since the AI's have been added

i can't wait to get home to set it up! I won't be back till the end of the month, I'm planning on building a control station that will house the power strips, and execs chords/ display the RKL interface and other controls I have we'll see how that

and the new england aquarium was fun, i would have had more pics, but my camera ran out of batteries ... rookie move :slap:

boosted chemist
the reef keeper will be arriving today ... to bad i still have three weeks left before i can set it up

Lmk how u like that, I was planning on getting one in the near future

Lmk how u like that, I was planning on getting one in the near future

I will its gonna take a few weeks though, when I get back I'm going to build a stand to hide my ATO reservoir, and top is going to be a control station that displays all the RKL, MP10esW controller, AI controller, and I just ordered an american DJ 4 outlet power strip with individual switches to make shutting the tank down for water changes easier, hopefully by the 2nd week of november ill have the whole thing finished

wow! Slimer is awesome. Hope mine looks all gnar like that eventually

haha well it took a hell of a long time to get there, I got that piece back in march of 2010, but its finally settled in and taken off!

just got work from by GF that the blue acro is RTNing

she says she can see the flesh falling off... oh well not much I can do from here

IMG_0318.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My gf sent me these pics yesterday... looks like the rhodatics is getting ready to make more

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

gah 4 more days until I get back ... can't wait

Sucks about the RTN on the acro.

So are you still in undergrad or is this research stay part of your program?

nope, neither...

I graduated in march, worked as a lab tech for UCSC, then got accepted to the summer guest student program at WHOI/MIT, then got hired there as a lab tech in the lab I did my guest student stint in.

Im currently applying for fellowships and send those are due in various time in nov, then its grad school apps, those are due in beginning of jan.

currently my application list is:

MIT/WHOI

SCRIPPS

Oregon State

University of Hawaii at Manoa

University of Washington

Rutgers

University of Rhode Island

I have found PI's at all the schools except for SCRIPPS and UW... I still really don't know where I want to go, there is a lab at Oregon State that does work I'm really interested in but we'll see where I actually get accepted to

Well, good luck! I remember applying to grad schools... so much work. I found a good one and I am pretty happy with my program, though I am in archaeology and not marine biology.

Thanks!

yea the applications aren't too bad, its the fellowship stuff is kinda a pain to go through, the degree is going to be oceanography, I'm still debating on chemical or biological... the projects are kind of a cross between the 2, dissolved organic matter and RNA expression stuffs, so it crosses into both fields

Archived