SaltCritters.com

Santa Cruz 20 long- broken down =[

cruzH20polo

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cruzH20polo

So now that saturday has come and gone,

here is some of the highlights from the trade!

Dr.pepper

IMG_1137.jpg

sour apple

IMG_1143.jpg

current acan garden

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

rasta's cousin

IMG_1120.jpg

jokers

IMG_1147.jpg

codium

IMG_1162.jpg

red flame macro

IMG_1159.jpg

acropora

IMG_1148.jpg

and the dendro's

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

thanks for lookin in

and espically thanks to latte for the awesome frags

more pics coming later

latteslave

Awesome! Can't wait to see them in the daylight. The ones you have labeled as avatar eyes are the rastas cousins, the next one is gorilla nipples... Looks like I grabbed the wrong frag in the dark this morning. I will get you some of those avatars, either mail or next swap.

In other news... The frags opened up nice, THANK YOU! I will post some pics tomorrow.

Note to readers - if you want a good frag swap, talk to Cruz. Great stuff, easy to work with!

cruzH20polo

thanks everyone!!!!

latte - dont worry about the mix up, and thanks for the correction! ... the frags are looking amazing im gonna give em another week before I decide where they are gonna go in my tank ... im really like the macros too ... its my first shot with them, besides cheato, it should be fun!

boosted chemist ... im getting pics with dimensions together so that'll be up soon, just got caught up in the frag swap and the fourth

here's a couple i didnt post the other day

growth!!!

IMG_1153.jpg

red and gold

IMG_1152.jpg

more colors

IMG_1150.jpg

shrimp

IMG_1124.jpg

latteslave

awesome acans!

I can't wait to see the color of the sour apples after they have been in your tank a while. I went back and looked at some earlier pictures of them and they had much more pink than they do now. I am thinking it's either too much white or too low in the tank to get that color back. We will see how your's color in.

when my other stuff gets here, I am going to move them a little higher and see what happens.

tundrashaul

My tank sucks :angry:

Awesome pics. i can never find ANY acan frags small enough to be under 100 bucks :o:huh:

automatik_33
IMG_1171.jpg

Sweet! :D Your tank looks great and those Acans are nice :wub: !

My tank sucks :angry:

Awesome pics. i can never find ANY acan frags small enough to be under 100 bucks :o:huh:

Yours is looking great what are you talking about :happy: Looks like I'm going to be fragging two of my acans soon as they are already crowding so maybe I can help you out. :)

cruzH20polo

Latte- this morning when my powerbrites came on I noticed a bit of pink on the 2 biggest polyps, I'm deffenitly ordering new lights on Monday, and I'm ditching the kz purp for another Ati blue plus... Hopefully this will help

tundra- your tank does not suck, I wish I had put that much work or the had artistic talent to makes scape like yours, give it time

auto- thanks, and if you have more frags, I'm always willing to except donations!

In other news:

on the zoa (left) side of the tank I moved some

LR to the sump to make it less cluttered

and I sent my 30 days notice to my landlord, so I need to figure out a move plan

during the planing stages of the trade latte and I discussed how we are running out of room in our 20ls due to growth and the never ending addition of new frags

this has lead to a few ideas

#1- up-grade

my stand and lights could support at 29 gallon

this idea stems from I'm having a hard time with my euphyllias, they sting everything and I can't keep them that close together without them stinging each other... And I love them too much to get rid of em. It would also be nice to get my sps a bit closer to my lights. Also I would like to drill the tank, the HOB overflow I have sucks and is

really finicky not to mention loud.

#2 - small frag tank

either taking a 10 or a 5.5 tank, make an aio system and probablly going with a par38 for lighting unless I can a cheap 70w MH

#3- both

comments suggestions ideas .... I need to decide at least on the main tank soon so I can start gettin things together before the move

latteslave

sad to say - I have been thinking the same thing...

I say do both! :)

Actually started planning an upgrade - it will be SWEET! Problem is I love the 20 long so I am torn.

Are you moving local?

boosted chemist
sad to say - I have been thinking the same thing...

I say do both! :)

Actually started planning an upgrade - it will be SWEET! Problem is I love the 20 long so I am torn.

Are you moving local?

I have a 29 gal sitting in my lab ready to go, so i may upgrade in due time.

tundrashaul

It almost seems like the natural cycle of a nono reef is to upgrade :D . I think the 20L would make a great frag tank. Im already wondering what Im going to do for a frag tank. It was hard to resist petcos 1$ a gallon sale, almost went and got a 40B and a 20L for the sump to setup down the road. Im thining my next tank will be an ADA with dual XAQUA in outs on it. but want to see more setups with this overflow because it looks noisy on drain fitting.

cruzH20polo

I think im gonna go for the 29 upgrade ... and do a 5.5 gallon frag/grow-out tank and plumb it into my main system, I have enough heater to add 5.5+ a gallon or or so of plumbing volume that way really the only costs are the tank and a light ... and I dont need a big pump, ill be relaying on the korilias for that, seeing how on gonna take the plunge and get a mp 10 for the new tank! ...

let the planning ensure.

my 1st priorities are setting up rubbermaid transistion unit, so I can have a few days to play around with the plumbing to get it the exact way I want it, I might take the opputunity to rework the sump ... we'll see .. the 2nd is getting the 29, drilling, and plumbing.

after that ... then I start working on the 5.5

Im moving local latte ... but its still a pain in the ...

thanks for the input guys ... Im gonna hate to part with the 20L ... but the space is much needed and Id like to see what I can do with some more height on the tank

latteslave

sorry you have to move - but looking forward to the upgrade... Should be fun to see what you do with the height on the 29. You could always go even bigger!

cruzH20polo

haha, well seeing has how i just dropped the money for the light just over a year ago, and hand built the stand ... im trying to work with what I have I don't want to have a buy whole new system just because I wanted a little more room. Plus I know Im going to be moving in the upcoming years ... I cant justify investing in a big tank to have to break down every year or so.

automatik_33

Looking great as always. Can't wait until I start running out of room. However I purchased a 40B during the petco dollar sale so its just sitting there staring at me.

That ric cave looks awesome!

cruzH20polo

I absolutly wanted a 40b for the past few years as my dream reef tank, however I recently saw 60 breeder build that blew my mind and got me thinking about tanks down the line

Archived