Top Shelf Aquatics

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest

simplenough

I am in no way invloved in this competition. I do not know any of the people invloved, however I have been folling this thread for some time now. From an "outsider" point of view I think the livestock limit should be lifted. I have seen many tanks that looked amazing with just some basic "entry level" livestock. I have also seen some tanks with "high end" live stock that look like crap.. I may be out in left field on this one, but the limit on livestock seems to be for no other purpose than to cause havoc... just my .02

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggested removing the limit about 40+ pages ago because I knew this exact thing would happen, I believe people ignored me. Believe it was around when people wanted to add 20 foot closed loops for more water volume or something stupid along those lines. Not to be a jerk but Simple hasn't posted in quite along while, why do we keep deferring to what he wants when I'm not positive he's even reading this semi regurarly

Scoot, not only does the quote you chose NOT INCLUDE ANY NAME-CALLING, it was in reference to got2envy's answer......

If he has proof that this is what he paid for his Mohawks then that is what is deducted. Unfortunately some will not get really great deals on some stuff, but great deals on others.

I thought the whole point of the contest was for staying with in the $$ limit or why put that in the rules.

I cannot remove this unless the OP agrees. It is hard keeping up with 12 threads so PLEASE be fair.

Everyone needs to PM me with prices if they received corals for free, in a trade, free and just paid shipping, taken out of your other tank to be fair.

Please show a link or scanned/picture of receipt of the prices paid on your thread to be fair.

EDIT - Fairly sure Simple just started this whole thing to drum up some business for Eric.

I highly recommend lifting the restriction. If scoot has corals he wants to put in, I want him to.

REMEMBER - the prize we are playing for here is nearly insignificant.

Let's turn these little boxes into some eye-catching picos!!!

Drama I say!

Anyway, what's the point of being in a contest, official or not, with out restrictions? The hardware restrictions were lifted already and people were able to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at that to satisfy their wants from that perspective. The contest was started with the understanding that the livestock limit would be 250.00 and it should stay there. Work with in the guidelines set for the contest or drop out. Plain and simple.

Sho nuff. No forgiveness needed.

Isn't the value of coral subjective though? I'm not sure, but I think you're agreeing with me here.

I thought you were saying if you traded coral for coral that meant you got the coral for free and didn't need to deduct anything from the total.

I was saying if you gave a $10 coral for a $20 coral that the you basically paid $10 for the coral.

I thought you were saying if you traded coral for coral that meant you got the coral for free and didn't need to deduct anything from the total.

I was saying if you gave a $10 coral for a $20 coral that the you basically paid $10 for the coral.

I was trying to illustrate the point that it shouldn't matter if you give a $10 bill or a $10 coral for that $20 coral, it still should count as $20 towards your budget.

Drama I say!

Anyway, what's the point of being in a contest, official or not, with out restrictions? The hardware restrictions were lifted already and people were able to throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at that to satisfy their wants from that perspective. The contest was started with the understanding that the livestock limit would be 250.00 and it should stay there. Work with in the guidelines set for the contest or drop out. Plain and simple.

i have no problem with the limit. i have around 400.00 worth of coral that i received according to the "rules"

for 0 of my budget so i am good :P

I am in no way invloved in this competition. I do not know any of the people invloved, however I have been folling this thread for some time now. From an "outsider" point of view I think the livestock limit should be lifted. I have seen many tanks that looked amazing with just some basic "entry level" livestock. I have also seen some tanks with "high end" live stock that look like crap.. I may be out in left field on this one, but the limit on livestock seems to be for no other pirpose than to cause havoc... just my .02

I think thats just about what I said 100 posts ago.

Let CallmeDrlove back in and remove the Limit.

Maria can we put it to a vote?

I'm really sick of all the BS.

2.50 what's your point?

he want's one ;)

on the limit. how about a don't ask don't tell policy?? it worked for the military :P

lol everyone should, it works amazingly well

i built mine from a fuel mixing bottle. but cant use it. the WM makes the back water level fluctuate to much

I suggested removing the limit about 40+ pages ago because I knew this exact thing would happen, I believe people ignored me. Believe it was around when people wanted to add 20 foot closed loops for more water volume or something stupid along those lines. Not to be a jerk but Simple hasn't posted in quite along while, why do we keep deferring to what he wants when I'm not positive he's even reading this semi regurarly

I got torn a new one when I suggested it.

i built mine from a fuel mixing bottle. but cant use it. the WM makes the back water level fluctuate to much

Adjust it so that the intake is below the wave dips then it should work fine

I was trying to illustrate the point that it shouldn't matter if you give a $10 bill or a $10 coral for that $20 coral, it still should count as $20 towards your budget.

Under stood now

i have no problem with the limit. i have around 400.00 worth of coral that i received according to the "rules"

for 0 of my budget so i am good :P

What ever if you think you can fill this 12" tank with SPS and LPS with out it killing each other go for it.

he want's one ;)

on the limit. how about a don't ask don't tell policy?? it worked for the military :P

By the looks of your avatare picture with your sister on that other site looks like you follow the same rule.

Who's using Seachem Purigen?

Did you use the whole 100mL bag or did you place some in a filter back. It says the 100mL bag will support a 100 gallon tank....

Hey bob stfu u always puttin ur big efen mouth where it doesn't belong. I don't recall diverting any of my posts at u and I have had an sps-lps pico before thanks for ur concern.

Well, something needs to be decided. Either we lift the limit or the OP allows Maria to put together a list of standard prices as she did above. Personally, I'm going with the prices Maria suggested at this point.

What ever if you think you can fill this 12" tank with SPS and LPS with out it killing each other go for it.

I think you're going to see it done in this contest. Quote me on that.

The tanks won't be filled with LPS and SPS in this contest if we stick to the livestock limit.

I know it can be done. El Fab has a great looking SPS/LPS Pico. I was just saying the Nerd can't do it.

Archived