Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

dp's 5.5, update pg11.

dpnano

It should be. And I don't know soap tray sizes off the top of my head hahaha. It better be there tomorrow lol. And Pony, I just read up and saw you wanted some cheato. I will hit you up when I get back from vacation ;)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah it should, ha its all good i'll probbaly just go to walmart and pick one up or something i can put it in lol i want kind of like a box instead of a rectangle thing i've seen it on a thread before but i dont remember where,

if i do put it in my filter for a little bit if i dont get a soap tray just now would it be mandotory to need a light or will it surviive a few more days?? its survied shipping lol....

It can probably live in your filter. You could just put it in your tank and let it float around for a while.

cool can do lol :)

i have a question i've seen everybodys zoas and they look amazing i searched orange zoas and they look soooo nice, well mine get like that when they grow a little?? how long does it usually take?

rip MJ

Are you asking how long it will take for your zoa to grow into a colony? Well flow dictates how much space there is between them, more flow tighter group less flow more open. As for speed it depends on your light and available nutrients. I don't feed my zoa anything but some people do I think but whatever. Some grow faster than others lol. Its a waiting game so I guess just wait and see how fast haha.

ha okay im looking forward to it lol my list for shopping is

super glue gel :) (whats the best type i could find at target or walmart)

soap tray

HOPEFULLY AC70 ;) lol i need to glue some frags to the rock there is one tiny one my flows a little much in the rock so i'll have to glue it down, which do u suppose is the best for high flow areas? zoas?

For high flow corals its SPS lol. But in your tank the zoa will be fine. They are fine in any flow for me lol. They will grow closer together in high flow.

and im starting to see some serious bubbles on my sand am i going to have a nitrate spike?? or is it nitrite get them confused lol,

Nitrite should not be there if your tank is cycled. Usually the bubbles come from an algae or bacteria (cyano) on the sand, is this the case?

There is nothing? No little brown or red or anything? you may not be able to see it if your lights are off.

nvm nvm nvm i turned my lights on to check and yeah its brown? it kinda looks like diatoms at the beggining of a cycle?? idk may be wrong looks familer but its probbaly different,

my sand is brown kinda...

xiongaquatics
ha okay im looking forward to it lol my list for shopping is

super glue gel :) (whats the best type i could find at target or walmart)

soap tray

HOPEFULLY AC70 ;) lol i need to glue some frags to the rock there is one tiny one my flows a little much in the rock so i'll have to glue it down, which do u suppose is the best for high flow areas? zoas?

you could have told me your looking for super glue. i would have sold you some BSI IC-gel 20gram. those are by far the best i have use and last for long time. i use to use the one you get at 99cent store that come in 3,but those are a waste and dont even hold good. one touch and it came apart.

It could be diatoms but since your tank is cycled it is most likely cyano. Cyano is actually a bacteria, not an algae. It can be caused by high nitrates, so maybe you should do some water changes. Also, if you do a test and it says your nitrates are at 0 that is probably because the cyano is "eating" the nitrates and keeping them low while it is growing.

you could have told me your looking for super glue. i would have sold you some BSI IC-gel 20gram. those are by far the best i have use and last for long time. i use to use the one you get at 99cent store that come in 3,but those are a waste and dont even hold good. one touch and it came apart.

oh darn do stores sell them? the BSI IC gell

It could be diatoms but since your tank is cycled it is most likely cyano. Cyano is actually a bacteria, not an algae. It can be caused by high nitrates, so maybe you should do some water changes. Also, if you do a test and it says your nitrates are at 0 that is probably because the cyano is "eating" the nitrates and keeping them low while it is growing.

hmm yeah my tests are showing 0 i usually do 1gallon every sunday, but the brown has been growing quite a bit it wasn't this bad before.

u know a lot for a 15 year old lol its kinda cool turn to you if i have any questions haha :)

I try lol ;)

Hey I was just like you when I started. One way to reduce it is if your not, start feeding your fish every other day. Also, when you do a water change try to siphon out as much of that stuff as you can. The cheato will help believe me. Just try to get a bright light over it and it will grow and absorb nutrients like craaazy.

ha ,

yeah i always thought syphoning restarts cycle bc of bacteria in the sand?

yeah there are some serious benifits of haveing cheato lol cant wait tell tommorow

Most of your bacteria is on your rocks. I stirr up my stand every time I do a water change lol and suck up all the little "Sheets" of cyano. Some people think that that releases nitrates into your tank but since I do it almost every day they don't get a chance to build up lol

i'll have to start doing that yeah i dont think a little layer would hurt it will clean my sand up too bc i have a bunch of detrius on it :( saturday probbaly

Some people think it can crash your tank but who knows. You just siphon out as much detritus and cyano as you can. I am going to bed now lol. I don't wanna get flamed any more for being such a posting beast lol

Over one thousand posts in two months lol Anyway try to find all that stuff tomorrow, remember it is coming USPS so the cheato may be there earlier, my USPS delivers around eleven.

yeah same im in drivers ed from 12 to 3 30 :( mom and dad told me to take it to lower insuarence lol im like w.e. lol yeah mine comes in around 11

Archived