Innovative Marine Aquariums

dp's 5.5, update pg11.

dpnano

k thanks i'll probbaly take a little bit of water out.

ha i read you only have a petco near you??

ME TOO sucks lol that all we have here at the lake in MO

but im going to st louis and i've heard some great stores there with corals, so i'll probbaly pick a few billion up lol jp i'll probbaly get like 10 frags.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CrownOfficial

yea, its good to travel and bring back stuff. i myself have always had picos so this time im going to set up a bitter tank like 14-18 gallons. so that when i go out of town i can bring back a lot of stuff and at least have somewhere to put it

if you look closly its the brown thing its really small if you want i could circle it on a program, what should i use to circle it?

nvm didn't work i'll have to photoshop it

hang on

CrownOfficial

looks like pods to me.

theyre good for your tank,

theyre like a natural food supply, your yellow polyps will eat them.

okay i turned the light on to see the tank and i see them hooping around and im like hm what the hell is that lol, well i only have one coral so i should worry to much

Those are copepods. Fish like mandarins eat them (never get one your tank is too small and not 2 years old) and don't really have any negative effects.

yeah its not a big one its just a whisper 5-10 gallon one

Those are copepods. Fish like mandarins eat them (never get one your tank is too small and not 2 years old) and don't really have any negative effects.

yeah i deffinetly wont lol

CrownOfficial

if your not runing anything in it. you could mod it into a funge.

just add a sponge in there and throw some cheato in,

the pods will reproduce in the cheato and slowly move to your tank.

and be eaten lol.

Good. There are several other no nos in nano reefing. You will see them eventually lol, hopefully not have them.

lol i have just the normal filter thing it comes with and i put some filter floss with carbon and change it every few days, and when i go to st louis i'll get some cheato they dont sell any at my petco so i'll have to wait

Get an aquaclear 70 on there. They are beast. I have one on my 5.5g. Grows cheato like crazy (I have to take out pieces almost every day) and there are tons of pods.

CrownOfficial

you can get some from someone on here, it grows like crazy so alot of people give it way free, just pay shipping to you. check the livestock classifieds theres someone giving some now. i saw the thread a min ago

Get an aquaclear 70 on there. They are beast. I have one on my 5.5g. Grows cheato like crazy (I have to take out pieces almost every day) and there are tons of pods.

+111

i had an AC 70 on my picotope, it was literally OVER RUN with pods i had to take the cheato out for like a week so my fish would eat them. all

Yup, I can show you some pics of how I have mine set up if you like. I don't want to hijack your thread haha.

dont have the money for it right now lol i dont want to spend like 70 bucks on a new filter :( what if i take the filter floss out and the little detris catcher i could probbaly mod it up good ,

put the ditrus blocker right bout the outflow area so doesn't take up that much room and put a little wasll form eggrate in the middle and then put cheato in one end and some carbon in the other?? maybe it'll work lol i'll try sometime,

and i just put a reply on the free cheato lets see if he has some :)

CrownOfficial

that would be the perfect mod for you hob. but in the future if you think about upgrading i recommend the ac, adds about what would you say jacob? a gallon of water volume to help keep everything stabilized.

yeah i most deffintly well,

ha my filters making weird noises once in a while anyway lol just gives me another reason to tell my dad i need a new filter pronto lol

Actually they are like 50$ and people sell them all time on here. Post on the marketplace that you want one and I bet you can find someone with one. They are handy because thy have a huge area for cheato sponge chemi pure and your heater. Also, it has enough movement to be used without an extra powerhead.

yeah i well post it, im thinking about upgrading my 5.5 to a 10 later on in life lol hear is a pic of something i want to put to gether its a 10 with 5.5 fuge/sump/frag tank :o

tankwith55.jpg

here it is with a custom cabinet that covers everything but the frag area :)

tankwith55closedstand.jpg

idk it would be a pretty cool set up would it work?

Archived