Coral Vue Hydros

dp's 5.5, update pg11.

dpnano

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. What you will need is a tank(check) sump(check) and a return pump powerful enough(I have no idea). Errg I need a picture if someone wants to find one. Anyway you will have a PVC intake in your tank, it will be a U with the top open for water and this will be at the level you want your display to be at. This PVC will be a larger diameter than the PVC return. This way the pump can't overpower your "emptying PVC" which would cause your tank to overflow. Basically you will have the U PVC which will be at the level of your tank, this will then go down to your sump and hit the return pump. Then this will be pumped back up to the tank and since the PVC intake is larger than this pipe it will keep the level of your display the same while not overflowing either sump or tank. I probably missed something but that is the basic idea, if someone wants to add what I missed please do, I am tired from being in the car all day...

Ya I forgot to add that the sump won't overflow because the same amount of water is going out as going in :)

okay gothcha

oh and ur cheato, i put the bottel with less in it in the tank but the one that was all the way full i haven't put it in yet but it has a weird smell is there something wrong with it?

Just wash off the weird smelling one with some RO water. Ya I didn't mean to put less water into that one...

and so i'll get the 10 tommorow and i need to make a over flow box right? does it have to be a box that is full hight of the tnak or just a little 5x5x1 box in the corner would work?

You can just use the top of the PVC as the overflow, you don't need a box. I guess my tank has back chambers so I wouldn't see the pvc. You would on the other hand.

yeah i want to make it look as slick as possible lol just tank and light lol and power head i'll probbay make a over flow box should, and what size pvc should i use the 1 1/2

I have no idea, just make sure the one going out of the tank is bigger than the one going into it. Also, overflows make noise so be prepared for that.

aright well im not doing the conversion today :( butttt i well when i get back from my vaction in 2 weeks :) but when i do it'll either be a 15 aio or 10 aio or 15 or 10 with 5.5 sump idk yet lol i'll think over vaction time lol

and while im gone i should tell my dad to

top off. and feed every other day right? i just did a water change so it should be ok for a bit right?

and throw me any ideas on the upgrade u got thanks.

elllo.

i got a yellow clown goby today :)

IMG_3323-1.jpg

and some other pics :)

gsp still not opened :( but slowly going lol...

IMG_3325-1.jpg

zoa id?

IMG_3328-1.jpg

white clove.

probbaly the best picture i have of my tank lol what do u think?

IMG_3324.jpg

WHAT IS THIS???? I STILL DONT KNOW ITS PURPLE????

IMG_3330-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
elllo.

i got a yellow clown goby today :)

IMG_3323-1.jpg

and some other pics :)

gsp still not opened :( but slowly going lol...

IMG_3325-1.jpg

zoa id?

IMG_3328-1.jpg

white clove.

probbaly the best picture i have of my tank lol what do u think?

IMG_3324.jpg

WHAT IS THIS???? I STILL DONT KNOW ITS PURPLE????

IMG_3330-1.jpg

That white clove is stunning great shot too.

• 2 weeks later...

hey everybody, long time no update :( . But here is a little update lol,

some of you guys might now im building a new tank soon :) ( a 24x16z8 shallow :) ) i well move everything in my 5.5 to that tank, water, sand, lr, and i well of cource add more lr and ls so it well help witht the cycle, (there probbally wont be one anyways bc its the same water?? idk.

and my yellow clown goby is missing?? is it a jumper??, i went to vacation and my parents were watching the tank, they said he just went missing one day so i was like ok i'll come home and check, i did and i couldn't find him anywhere unless he is inside my rock?? or he jumped out??

i just did a good ol water change & tank cleaning :) . i'll post some pics as the water clears up a bit. oh and i have 3 corals which i dont know what they are.? i'll post some pics later.

thanks all, i cant wait tell i start building my new tank, i well have a build thread and a tank thread :)

Can't wait to see the new tank. There may be a small cycle because you are stirring up everything but I doubt it. And most of the bacteria and life is in the sand/rock, not the water. My goby was really good at hiding, make sure you look in every little hole. If it did die, the hermits make short work of them...

2,901 posts woot...

yeah thats what i was thinking just stiring up might cause a little spike but that should be sorted out in no time.

and hermits probblay got it, i'll be breaking the rock when i get the new tank made, and i'll either order more rock ( whats a good site?), or get some from someone on NR anyone want to hook me up?, or know anyone who could??

ha r u going for 3000? u post_a_holic?? ha

Yup I am going for it but I dunno if I will get it before I leave.

For more rock the coolest is sealife inc.

I dunno about getting it from anyone lol.

ha nice.

yeah i check reef cleaners and sea life. they have good prices and good types, can LR ship priority?

ha my dads been making me look for a car the past few hours, the "cash for clunkers" deal :)

what do you guys think,

honda civic

honda accord

toyota camry

volkwagen jetta??????????? i need car experts here

ha thanks

Archived