inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy's 35g Project

Tigahboy

Naw. I've been reef tank sober since 2006, so this is my first and only tank since that time. I've had crazy withdrawals since then though, so I finally feel at ease now.

Back when I was really into it, I was setting up tanks like crazy, but I don't have the time nor energy anymore to do that. This will be my main damie. Sa da tay!

Edited by Tigahboy
Rearranged the rockwork again. I tried to get back the "slope" look.

Tank59.jpg

Have you thought about doing two separate rock piles? Like if you took the big rock at the top right in this picture flipped it over and put it on top of the pile on the far left, then move those two that are in the dead center of the tank somewhere else, so you have a valley in the middle of two rock sections? Just a thought. Tank looks great.

CrownOfficial

wow tigah, thats all i can say!

you always amaze me in every way i was a huge admirer of your diy 2gallon pico you made for the nano contest a few years back and i havent seen from you since, amazing job, cant wait to see this beauty unfold.

what are your stocking plans atm?

Edited by DCstrX

Thanks for all the comments, guys (and mew)! :)

I took a little break from my tank (yes, there's still more left to do) to watch the first season of Dexter. My new favorite show. haha. So until I get my hands on the second season, I'll try to squeeze in more work.

Not much of an update, but the only recent thing I've done is adding a fuge light (from home depot) for some chaeto and plumbing in an extra return line (shown on the left with ball valve). You never know when you might need the extra line for another tank or reactor, etc. But for now, I just use it to regulate the flow going up to the display.

Tank63.jpg

EnFuego - I did think about the 2 island rockwork, which can be very nice, but so many people are doing that these days so I decided against it. But who knows, my rockwork is always subject to change.

DCstrX - Stocking plans - I have some ideas, but you'll have to wait and see. But it will be mixed reef.

Cesar - Good to see you back. You still have a tank?

twister23 - I haven't been testing religiously. Only twice thus far. First reading had zero everything. A couple days ago I had a small nitrate spike.

Adin - NEMS!

CrownOfficial

well suprises are good lol.

cant wait to see what you have in store.

beautiful tank btw. its amazingly different than any ive seen

Got the R2 Moonlight.

Tank66.jpg

Not sure if I want to mount on the front side of my light fixture or the back. See for yourself.

Mounted on front.

Tank64.jpg

Mounted on back.

Tank65.jpg

Give me dexter season 1.

I borrowed it. I bought season 2 tho, so you can borrow that.

CrownOfficial

depending on where your keeping your corals when you stock, then you should decide where to mount it. or...(get another one) :]

Looks good in front IMO as well.

ATO show up yet D ?? :huh:

I just got it today. Pretty fast.

I like the front too. It just looks awkward with the moonlights sticking out on the front of my light fixture (and bright). But I guess that's not a big deal.

I remember reading your thread on your 30g back in '04, haha..

This is a very slick build, awesome looking tank, nice equipment.

In regards to not having a background, I have an article in an aquarium magazine that goes into details on how darker backgrounds may deprive reef tanks of some light (I haven't read the full article yet but that's the gist of it..) So I'll be interested in how no background looks. Also, have you considered a white or cream coloured background (similar to the wall behind) I'd think a lighter colour would reflect more light back into the tank.

Daniel

I think it looks much better on the back of the fixture. The moon looks more dramatic from that angle.

Coming along very nicely!