Cultivated Reef

Rizakaniza's Cadlights 39g Pro Build Thread

rizakaniza

uh.. that seems problematic, doesn't it?? :o

HAVE YOU MOVED THAT ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT OUT OF YOUR CABINET YET?!?!? :eek:

seriously, though -- i might mention that to eddie and see what he says about that. i can't imagine that's supposed to happen.

Tim,

This is the response I got back from Eddie today.

Re: CAD 39 Pro Metal Halide

"sales@cadlights.com" <sales@cadlights.com>

Add to Contacts

To: Shawn Sammartano <censored>

Hi, Shawn

It sounds like you had a trip or a temporary short in your electrical

circuit which caused the ballast to restart and light up again. it is

normal for halides to have the safety feature for it to not to turn on

immediately after it was on prior. 8-10 minutes is about the coorect time

for it to restart. if it trips again it is better for you to switch off

for 15 minutes before turning it back on.

Thank you and please let me know if you need any further assistance

Eddie

I'm not exactly sure how that response is supposed to make me feel confident.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not exactly sure how that response is supposed to make me feel confident.

Did this only happen once? If it continues to happen, just keep Eddie appraised. Any good business will stand behind what they sell.

Did this only happen once? If it continues to happen, just keep Eddie appraised. Any good business will stand behind what they sell.

Only once that I witnessed. I sent Eddie another email. I will keep him posted if I have any other issues with it.

Nice tank. When are you going to get some fish in there?

Also, this is sort of like a mystery novel! I wonder what the clicking noise is?

Nice tank. When are you going to get some fish in there?

Also, this is sort of like a mystery novel! I wonder what the clicking noise is?

Haha! Good question. I have yet to get to the bottom of it. There seems to be a small cave that has been "formed" behind the island that sits in the middle of the cove. Could it be a pistol shrimp lair? COuld it be a Mantis cave? Nobody knows....and I'm sure as hells not going to stick my finger in there.

As for fish, I was thinking about getting one this weekend, but as I thought more and more about it I was having a hard time determining what to get first.

Here is my fish wish list:

1) Clownfish

2) Bluespotted Jawfish

3) Six Line Wrasse

4) ???

5) ???

Maybe I could get some help with the rest of the slots...

I woke up to a weird splashing noise...wanna know what it was? ...It was the skimmer that I overadjusted last night! Water was shooting up into the overflow cup and out the top right back into the sump. "(Edit: There was about 2-3 inches of skimmate in there last night before most of it was washed back into the sump.") Luckily the really, really gnarly stuff was still in the bottom of the cup....everything still looks alive in there, so not too much harm done I guess...

As for fish, I was thinking about getting one this weekend, but as I thought more and more about it I was having a hard time determining what to get first.

Here is my fish wish list:

1) Clownfish

2) Bluespotted Jawfish

3) Six Line Wrasse

4) ???

5) ???

Maybe I could get some help with the rest of the slots...

i vote blenny! can't go wrong with midas, algae, ember...

what about getting a clown pair? what type of clown?

i vote blenny! can't go wrong with midas, algae, ember...

what about getting a clown pair? what type of clown?

I want to get the nicer mannered of the clowns. I forgot to mention that I promised to get a Bi-Color Pseudo Chromi for my wife...

... what?

also, yes, i vote tang. i'm going to get a yellow tang. :D

In Korean "Dori Tang" means Chicken stew... ;)

Tangs!!! Where are those Tang police when you need them ;)

...can't say I wouldn't love to have a powder blue tang though...

In Korean "Dori Tang" means Chicken stew... ;)

Tangs!!! Where are those Tang police when you need them ;)

...can't say I wouldn't love to have a powder blue tang though...

(do it, do it, do it......) :naughtydance::ninja:

I think hawkfish are really entertaining fish. As long as your shrimp is not the size of a sexy shrimp it should not bother it. My hawkfish lives peacefully with two shrimp :)

I think hawkfish are really entertaining fish. As long as your shrimp is not the size of a sexy shrimp it should not bother it. My hawkfish lives peacefully with two shrimp :)

:) I have been considering that for some time now. Beautiful fish they are!

um, i just added a bluespot jawfish.

i'm pretty sure it's your turn to add a fish.

Haha! I meant about the tang! :D

...don't you worry buster...the fishes are coming soon.

As an update, my emerald crab finally ate up all the bubble algae in the tank...as well as my orange tunicates...and he even munched on my mermaids fans...I think I need to get him eating pellets.

Haha! I meant about the tang! :D

...don't you worry buster...the fishes are coming soon.

As an update, my emerald crab finally ate up all the bubble algae in the tank...as well as my orange tunicates...and he even munched on my mermaids fans...I think I need to get him eating pellets.

Dude. It's been 5 days since your last update. Where did you go??

Sorry about that...I had mid-term exams and papers due over the last week or two. Good news is the emerald crab ate all the bubble algae. Bad news is one of my sea squirts disappeared as well. I finally got my Emerald crab and Peppermint shrimp to eat pellets. I direct the pellets in their direction with my turkey baster. Also, my Peppermint Shrimp molted two days ago. He's still a little shy though.

Sorry about that...I had mid-term exams and papers due over the last week or two.

excuses, excuses.

school is for losers. :PB) get back to working on the tank! i need something to read about (other than other stuff I have to read) while I'm at work. :ninja:

what kind of school?

excuses, excuses.

school is for losers. :PB) get back to working on the tank! i need something to read about (other than other stuff I have to read) while I'm at work. :ninja:

what kind of school?

I know how you feel. It seems like activity on this site has really dropped off. Not much interesting new things to read about.

I go to Biola University. I am working on a M.Div. I am a Pastor at a Christian Church here in Cali.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: My rock is really coloring up. All the white spots are turning green, orange, red, etc. No algae issues to speak of...coraline is beginning to grow on my powerheads. Will buy fish soon. Just been enjoying the scenery...

Sorry, guys! School and work has gotten a little nutty. I found 3 new mysterious creatures in my tank over the last two weeks. The first is an Epitoke, which is a sort of worm that swims very quickly. At first I thought it was a fish or some sort of an ell. It's about an inch long and only seems to come out late at night. The second are these weird multicolored looking snails that like to hang out on my PH's. Good, bad, I dunno yet. Lastly, I found a new crab eating algae off my rocks. I have a feeling I will need to remove him before adding any corals. Only trouble is I only saw him once and I was way too tired to try and catch him then. I will try to take some pics soon. I'm a little discouraged because my camera doesn't take very good close up shots. Maybe I'll get something nicer for christmas... Also, I've got a crap load of Chaeto right now that I think I will try and trade to the LFS for my first fish.

...oops, I almost forgot to mention...it turns out that both of my pencil urchins survived the cycle. One had disappeared for a while so I thought he got cannibalized. These will make for a good trade with the LFS for some more fish, me thinks...How much do you think is reasonable to get for 2 pencil urchins and an enormous clump of Chaeto?

Archived